Sky

Life's a bitch. Post your moans, groans and general annoyances here.
Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Re: Sky

Post by Dan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:16 pm

I'm on virgin - not impressed with them at all. I'm on broadband, basic freeview, and telephgone for £25 a month. I'm being ripped off and can't get out of the contract for another 6 months. Their service isn't even that reliable, the interactive TV's always going down.

Joe
Ageing international

Post by Joe » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:01 pm

Dan wrote:I'm on virgin - not impressed with them at all. I'm on broadband, basic freeview, and telephgone for £25 a month. I'm being ripped off and can't get out of the contract for another 6 months. Their service isn't even that reliable, the interactive TV's always going down.
We have that same package at Uni. Don't even have a home-phone installed, the internet speed is beyond a joke and sometimes non-existant. However we did upgrade to the Sky Sports package. Which is the only bonus.

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:30 pm

Turns out there was a BT line in the new property already so they just activated it, saving me a £125 connection charge, alls i gotta pay is the £12 line rental per month, meaning i can take sky broadband with me which has been pretty impressive since i took it on. (free for 6 months up to 20meg bband)

along with a sky HD + box for £30 (worth over £250) and free installation for when i move, got a bloody good deal in the end!

Simon
Ageing international

Post by Simon » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:26 pm

We have Sky broadband and at peak time the speed is a fucking joke.

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:23 pm

well turns out the sky broadband free for 6 months only applies if you get sky talk too, and seein as i had to get a bt line, with a 12 month contract im pretty much down to payin the £15 a month sky broadband max with no free months, bastardo's!

Jimmy James
Valued squad member

Post by Jimmy James » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:08 pm

Sky sports news on freeview. :oops: I think it has to go. If the tv set and the box things go then I can just about fit an octopus in a tank. It would be an Italian octopus and I would call him Paulo. No more Sky Sports News building up Rooney and Ronaldo (and the rest) over and over again. Telling us how brilliant Manchester United might be and then after all that they don't win any trophies at all. Shame. I'm crying. Octopus? Bring it on. :D

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:27 pm

Jimmy James wrote:Sky sports news on freeview. :oops: I think it has to go. If the tv set and the box things go then I can just about fit an octopus in a tank. It would be an Italian octopus and I would call him Paulo. No more Sky Sports News building up Rooney and Ronaldo (and the rest) over and over again. Telling us how brilliant Manchester United might be and then after all that they don't win any trophies at all. Shame. I'm crying. Octopus? Bring it on. :D
so in other words...? :scratch:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:29 pm

...whatever he's taken is working. :D

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:38 pm

So he's sayin he's jibbin off sky now sky sports news is on freeview?

I like sky for its sky+ and HD channels , massive rip off tho... :P

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:45 pm

I thought he was saying he was that pissed off with SSN, he was going to replace his telly with an octopus. As you do. Happen he's lost the remote...

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:29 pm

Rover the Top wrote:I thought he was saying he was that pissed off with SSN, he was going to replace his telly with an octopus. As you do. Happen he's lost the remote...
Easy enough to find it if you have Octopus.

Joe
Ageing international

Post by Joe » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:30 pm

I got told that SSN is being removed from freeview, whilst SSN HD is being introduced to Sky customers.

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:35 pm

Joe wrote:I got told that SSN is being removed from freeview, whilst SSN HD is being introduced to Sky customers.
8)

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:01 am

No business likes to lose customers, but I'm sure Sky must dissuade people from ever coming back to them by being such assholes when someone needs to cancel their subscription. I've moved in with my fiancée, she already has Sky and so we wanted to add the sport channels to her account and cancel my account at my old address. Simple enough, right?

I contacted them on Tuesday, got told I'd be entitled to a significant discount if I upgraded and moved my account to the new address and cancelled my fiancée's subscription. But obviously I had to do that in coordination with her, so I waited until last night and tried again. I started on their online chat thing, somehow got cut off and had to start again. Told the second guy the situation, he said he understood, then demonstrated he didn't follow a word of what I was saying. Eventually he asked for a phone number so that someone could ring me.

The call came, a nice girl who understood what I was trying to do, and after talking with my fiancée, set up upgrading her account with the discount I'd originally been offered. All that was left was to cancel my account. But she couldn't access two accounts at once so suggested I should go back online whilst they were processing the upgrade. :doh:

This time I got a more clued up operator who could see the notes why I wanted to cancel, and asked me for a password, which I couldn't remember ever setting up. So he then asked for the last two digits of my bank account, which I gave, and he told me they were wrong. Which was weird, not only because I was looking at a bank statement with my latest payment to them on it, but also because I'd given the same answer the day before without a problem.

Getting very annoyed by this point, I got back onto them on the phone. However their system works, my fiancée's account was opened with my contact details because of what we'd been doing earlier. Hence why the bank account number didn't match. :doh: The guy opened up my account, confirmed the bank account (I don't have a password :roll: ), and finally cancelled the subscription without any further argument.

I've now got a generic email from them saying it's not too late to change my mind. :doh:

By contrast, BT took just a ten minute phone call to cancel my phone line and broadband...

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:06 am

I've heard similar things about Sky before. They're an easily confused bunch.

I'm currently stuck on a Virgin contract I'm paying too much for after attempting something similar a few years ago. The bank account is mine, the online account is mine, yet somehow, somewhere in their system our account is under my wife's maiden name and they won't talk to me about it. They won't talk to her about it either, because nothing she's got now matches the name the account's in, and the bank account and contact details are all mine. Sigh.