House buying

Life's a bitch. Post your moans, groans and general annoyances here.
mrblackbat
Promising manager

House buying

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:14 pm

Dickheads that accepted an offer from us on their house decided today they aren't selling after all. :roll: Don't stick your house on the market if you don't want to sell it! Fucktards.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Re: House buying

Post by Gibbon » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:51 pm

I was of much the same opinion towards arseholes in the housing market until I became one this year.

We had a below asking price offer accepted on a house that we fell in love with, only for our circumstances to do a 180 degree turn a few weeks later. Suddenly it was a very bad idea to be buying a house in the area we had been looking at, so we had to apologetically withdraw the offer, which left the sellers in a huge mess regarding their next purchase.

I felt like a complete shit, but it was exactly the right decision, and was completely due to unforseeable circumstances beyond our control.
I empathise completely with how stressed and upset you must be feeling, but from the 'I'm a cunt' side, I'd have to say that sometimes these things are unavoidable.

Of course, they could just be wankers.

I hope you find summat even better soon.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:37 pm

They're just wankers. Circumstances changing when you're buying is one thing, but deciding you don't want to sell anymore, despite making a ridiculous profit, is because you're a twat.

I'm firmly convinced they decided to sell cause they saw how much houses in their area were going for so were going to cash in. Then when it actually came to it, decided to be flaky.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:14 am

Well fair enough then.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:35 am

In the village I used to live in people frequently listed their houses just to see how much money they were worth.... As in, it's not enough for an estate agent to tell you how much... You need to get a few offers first to make sure and then delist.

Half the viewings were from their neighbours just snooping inside the house as well. It's a weird old world.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:49 am

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:14 am

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:03 am

I'm considering posting a letter through their neighbour's letter box asking if they'd consider selling, then, as I know there's an unused shared access through their garden, starting to make use of that as my front door.....