Grrrr...mobile annoyances!!!

Life's a bitch. Post your moans, groans and general annoyances here.
Gibbon
Promising manager

Re: Grrrr...mobile annoyances!!!

Post by Gibbon » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:55 pm

Charlie just bought a pair of these to replace her defunkt Sennheiser CX300's.

They really are ridiculously good for £15.

I've not bought anything from JVC for years after they went through a very crappy patch, but I'm tempted to stockpile a pair of these at that price.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:16 pm

they came up during my endless pontificating... very highly rated.

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:18 pm

Carphonewarehouse rang back today saying my phone is unfixable :(

It worked fine besides the screen and texts so if they've fucked it up more i'll be having it out with them, fuck paying £450 for a new one.

Joe
Ageing international

Post by Joe » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:20 pm

-BARON-23- wrote:Carphonewarehouse rang back today saying my phone is unfixable :(

It worked fine besides the screen and texts so if they've fucked it up more i'll be having it out with them, fuck paying £450 for a new one.
Take it to an independent shop. They'll fix most problems with most phones for under £100. I usually use http://www.fonezone.co.uk/ in Blackburn

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Joe wrote:
-BARON-23- wrote:Carphonewarehouse rang back today saying my phone is unfixable :(

Take it to an independent shop. They'll fix most problems with most phones for under £100. I usually use http://www.fonezone.co.uk/ in Blackburn
Thanks mate, i'll give it a try :) If they've made my phone worse then i'll see what i can argue with them and if they're useless i'll try another place like you said.

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:52 pm

Recently ditched Ovivo despite it being free because Vodafone network it crap. I'm now with Orange, or EE as they are now crappily called.

Internet speeds seem to be great in most areas however I have noticed that the mobile speed at home is absolutely annihilated in the evenings. Down from 3mb pre 6pm to 0.15mb afterwards even though it shows a HSPDA connection. :shrug:

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:24 pm

Can't say I've noticed although I tend to use the Wifi at home when I can.

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:56 am

I do too Teddy. This morning at work I had a H signal and was getting 150kbs just tied it after 9am and it's not 5mbps

Seems it's throttled from 6pm to 9am. Probably to prevent download hogs

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:37 am

Interesting, I went the other way, from Orange which was crap to Vodafone which was miles better. Never had many issues when I did have an Orange signal, although it was a couple of years ago so things may have changed.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:09 am

I'm on O2 and get 3 bars at this house in devon, where as Charlie struggles with her EE signal. It's just pot luck depending on where you live and the positions of transmitters. They'll vary depending on your location.

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Vodafone was crap wherever I went whereas others Orange signal was edge or 3G.

Home, work, lakes, peaks, dales, ribble valley, manchester :o

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:33 pm

So anyway, Charlie was with Orange - and then suddenly she was EE, which I just presumed was a company rebranding, however when we looked at upgrading her phone a month or so ago, I noticed that Orange still seems to be alive and well and a very separate entity to EE still.

I've not looked into it in any depth but before I do - does anyone know what the deal is?

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:56 pm

Orange and T-Mobile merged a couple of years ago to found EE... but they still sell products under the old brands. EE seems to be mainly for the new 4G stuff.

The network is being run as a whole, which is why the phones have changed over.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:08 am

I've got rather brassed off with Orange/EE this month. At the end of June, I switched all my direct debits to a new bank account with Halifax (they gave me £100 and £5/month for doing so :hyper: ). For reasons unknown to me, something went wrong with the Orange one, and they weren't able to take the money as usual this month. So they sent me a nasty letter threatening to cut me off if I didn't pay in 7 days, which I thought was absolutely the right way to treat a customer who had been with them for years and never had any payment problems before. I rang up the number given on the letter to reset the direct debit, and after following all the recorded messages, discovered I could only do it online. :doh:

Anyway, I then went onto my account and set up the direct debit again, but they still didn't take the money. The seven-day deadline passes, and although my phone is still working, they restricted my online account so that I can only pay them by card. I bite the bullet, enter my card details, and get a confirmation screen saying the payment's been taken and the account will be updated within 24 hours. Foolishly I forgot to note the reference number, assuming that I'd get a confirmation email as well. I didn't, and 24 hours later the account was still showing as overdue with no money taken out of my bank account. I waited until the end of the day and still no money was taken from the bank. So I went through the process again. This time the money has gone, but when I log on to my account I get the following message:
You have an overdue balance of £0.00. Until the outstanding balance has been paid online access to this account will be restricted to making a payment and viewing your bills.
All I want to do is check when the current contract expires so that I can move to another supplier...

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:30 am

I was with Halifax as a customer for 30 years, and my mum worked for them for another 20. They were awful for various reasons.

I'm with the co-op now, who seem to be rather good.