Grrrr...mobile annoyances!!!

Life's a bitch. Post your moans, groans and general annoyances here.
-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Re: Grrrr...mobile annoyances!!!

Post by -BARON-23- » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:23 am

Yes i have that number and i've reported it to the police etc so fingers crossed the mobile is blocked too!

My brother bought one of those phones before a few years back. It looked great online etc and had good reviews but when he got it the thing was a nightmare to use. Very complicated and it broke fairly quickly! I think i'm just going to buy myself a second hand phone but not sure what yet. (I might have a phone lined up from a friend yet though). It's just a massive shame as the phone i had was perfect for me as i didn't want to jump on the iPhone wagon!

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:58 am

I'd totally get one of these as a replacement

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/12/02 ... g_android/

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:23 am

Seems a very good review! Luckily somebody is giving me their old phone from when the same thing happened to them (luckily she had her phone returned to her)

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:34 am

I've been toying with getting one of these :yeahright:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00D54H54W

Liking the look of that Moto G though

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:44 am

-BARON-23- wrote:Had the the new HTC One stolen from my bag last night! Only been on the contract for 4 months! Already rang and got the sim card blocked etc but fuck fuck fuck what sort of scum bag goes into a bag and steals a phone on a night out?
I had my first ever phone stolen within a week of getting it. I was playing a gig at a pub, and left it with our cases. Which was fine during the gig, as they were within our sight all the time. The problem was, when we finished playing, the landlord called us over to the bar to pour us a drink each on the house. And in the moment we turned our backs on our gear, someone saw the opportunity and nabbed my phone.

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:08 am

Rover the Top wrote:
-BARON-23- wrote:Had the the new HTC One stolen from my bag last night! Only been on the contract for 4 months! Already rang and got the sim card blocked etc but fuck fuck fuck what sort of scum bag goes into a bag and steals a phone on a night out?
I had my first ever phone stolen within a week of getting it. I was playing a gig at a pub, and left it with our cases. Which was fine during the gig, as they were within our sight all the time. The problem was, when we finished playing, the landlord called us over to the bar to pour us a drink each on the house. And in the moment we turned our backs on our gear, someone saw the opportunity and nabbed my phone.
It seems to be the crime of the century at the moment. I was at Vodafone today talking to the guy who said even with the IMEI number banned on it which stops the phone working in Europe, in the middle east, they will still pay around £700 for the phone as it works over there! I was dressed as a woman last night (the theme of the night before people start ;) ) and you just forget you have the bag dangling from you all night so it's easy pickings!

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:12 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:13 am

Ha! I nearly made a joke about not keeping mine in a hand bag, thinking you'd actually meant your bag was a rucksack or something...

Baron is a cross-dresser. That's something we can bring up again. And often... :twisted:

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:24 am

Haha nope i was in face dressed as a woman! Boobs and everything! I'll even post a picture up here later just for you all to have a little giggle!

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:28 am

This thread has taken an unexpected turn. Hurray!

Also £700? You should have sold it yourself.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:38 am

-BARON-23- wrote:Haha nope i was in face dressed as a woman! Boobs and everything! I'll even post a picture up here later just for you all to have a little giggle!
If you're going to do a night like that again, the best place to keep stuff like that is in a bra ;-)

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:59 am

Dan wrote:
-BARON-23- wrote:Haha nope i was in face dressed as a woman! Boobs and everything! I'll even post a picture up here later just for you all to have a little giggle!
If you're going to do a night like that again, the best place to keep stuff like that is in a bra ;-)
The voice of experience? :yeahright:

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:03 pm

I always use Hammerspace. But I guess S4 could have used Victoria's Secret Compartment.

Also Hammerspace is the name of my made up band that I'm not the lead guitarist of.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:06 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
Dan wrote:
The voice of experience? :yeahright:
:paranoid:

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:11 pm

for what its worth if I was buying a new phone...

http://www.fairphone.com/

or

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobile ... _5/HANDSET