Grrrr...mobile annoyances!!!

Life's a bitch. Post your moans, groans and general annoyances here.
Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Re: Grrrr...mobile annoyances!!!

Post by Dan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:26 pm

Well yes, if you're being picky, it costs £15 to order a SIM card. After that it's free, and rolling month-to-month, so there's no lengthy contract to get stuck with.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:36 am

I don't think it is being picky. You said there were no charges. Yet there are charges, you can just avoid paying them if you stick within certain parameters with your use of the phone. So signing up with them wouldn't remove the possibility that you might get an incorrect charge on your bill.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:40 am

Rover the Top wrote:I don't think it is being picky. You said there were no charges. Yet there are charges, you can just avoid paying them if you stick within certain parameters with your use of the phone. So signing up with them wouldn't remove the possibility that you might get an incorrect charge on your bill.
It's a charge unless they ever pay it back to you. Do they pay untouched credit back at the end of the contract?

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:46 am

Gibbon wrote:
Rover the Top wrote:I don't think it is being picky. You said there were no charges. Yet there are charges, you can just avoid paying them if you stick within certain parameters with your use of the phone. So signing up with them wouldn't remove the possibility that you might get an incorrect charge on your bill.
It's a charge unless they ever pay it back to you. Do they pay untouched credit back at the end of the contract?
Huh, what? I'm not talking about the deposit. There's limits on the free usage of the phone. Once you exceed them, you get charged, as with every other company.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:56 am

Sure. But if you don't exceed them then it's essentially free - apart from the 'deposit'. And if the deposit is refundable when you close your account (which I'm not sure it is) then it's completely free so long as you stay within limits.

A bit like the park - it's free for me to use as long as I don't set fire to the bandstand. Then I incur costs. Apparently. :?

But yes, I just reread your posts, and it seems I was replying to something you never even actually said. Well done me! :hyper:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:12 am

Gibbon wrote: But yes, I just reread your posts, and it seems I was replying to something you never even actually said. Well done me! :hyper:
Don't worry about it, everyone else does the same... :hyper:

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:49 am

Gibbon wrote:Sure. But if you don't exceed them then it's essentially free - apart from the 'deposit'. And if the deposit is refundable when you close your account (which I'm not sure it is) then it's completely free so long as you stay within limits.
The money isn't refunded, so no, it isn't completely free then.

But £15 is miles cheaper than the £15 per month I used to pay on an alternative contract.

(Ok, signing up to the contract I previously had did get me a free phone. This time, I used the money I'm saving monthly to actually buy myself a phone, a much better one, that will hopefully be fine for years to come. For the first year, because of shelling out for the phone, I'm paying roughly the same as I was previously. Into year two, I then see the benefits of paying £0 monthly)

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:07 am

So you have to buy a phone and a sim card, and get charged for exceeding your allowance - sounding less like 'no charges' with every post... ;)

I'm still not sure how it's a solution to being wrongly charged for something...

nomibucha
New signing

Post by nomibucha » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:29 am

this is very informative sharing

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:48 am

Braces self for deluge of spam...

Rover Ryan
Ageing international

Post by Rover Ryan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:09 am

Gibbon wrote:Braces self for deluge of spam...
How did you know?

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:49 am

Had the the new HTC One stolen from my bag last night! Only been on the contract for 4 months! Already rang and got the sim card blocked etc but fuck fuck fuck what sort of scum bag goes into a bag and steals a phone on a night out?

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:53 am

The common or garden scumbag?

Also, it would never have happened if you had an iPhone. :whistle:

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:56 am

I have no idea! Low life is all i can say without unleashing a barrel of expletives!!

:lol: I like to be different! But no i've had the sim card blocked so hopefully that blocks the phone too rendering it all useless for the prick! Secondly i've got to go into the store today where they will give me a new sim card at least but i will remain phoneless for the time being

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:58 am

Gibbon wrote:The common or garden scumbag?

Also, it would never have happened if you had an iPhone. :whistle:
:lol:
-BARON-23- wrote:I have no idea! Low life is all i can say without unleashing a barrel of expletives!!

:lol: I like to be different! But no i've had the sim card blocked so hopefully that blocks the phone too rendering it all useless for the prick!
Sadly not. SIM out, factory reset, straight on Ebay. Unless you have the IMEI number.... you can report the theft to the police along with that number and they can block it.

I broke my phone a while ago (well, my phone broke itself). I've been trying to decide whether to get one of the cheaper Chinese 'clones' rather than go for a big name this time. A lot of reviews are quite good, and they are much more affordable.