BT

Life's a bitch. Post your moans, groans and general annoyances here.
Ethiaa
Site Admin

Re: BT

Post by Ethiaa » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:54 pm

All of which means going to a company who does LLU is much more attractive.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:11 pm

In my experience they claim it's the charge for setting up your billing and fucking about with some wires at an exchange.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:17 pm

Gibbon wrote:In my experience they claim it's the charge for setting up your billing and fucking about with some wires at an exchange.
The problem was they claimed that it was for sending an engineer to the flat. Which they obviously don't need to do.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:03 am

Yeah, but do they have to send the engineer round to check that he isn't needed? I wouldn't put it past some people to insist they have already had a phone line installed when they haven't. :scratch:

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:52 am

Rover the Top wrote:Yeah, but do they have to send the engineer round to check that he isn't needed? I wouldn't put it past some people to insist they have already had a phone line installed when they haven't. :scratch:
Apparently not. After repeated complaints they are just switching it on at the exchange which was all they ever needed to do. They knew that there was a phone line there - they have the billing details for 6 years when I had a line in.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:09 am

Told you so! Did you get the connection fee waived then too? If so that's more than I ever managed with them. :(

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:10 am

Gibbon wrote:Told you so! Did you get the connection fee waived then too? If so that's more than I ever managed with them. :(
I dunno, I'm only getting bits of the story from my new tenant.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:17 am

They've sent my office a bill for £2.50 for a rental charge, no mention of the phone number it relates to, and then added a £9.00 'payment processing fee' on top of it. Cheeky bastards. It says we've to log in to find out details of what the charge is for, so I've set up an online account with them, only to be asked which phone line the account relates to before they'll let me proceed. :numpty; By process of elimination I've worked out which of the six lines the account was for, now I've got to wait up to 5 days for the bill to appear to find out why we won't be paying it. :D

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:26 am

I used to manage around 350 BT lines including a multi line exchange. I found the best thing to do with bills like that was to write across it the problem and send it back. They tended to forget about them then.

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:17 pm

Ethiaa wrote:I used to manage around 350 BT lines including a multi line exchange
soz hard ;)

joep89
Experienced international star

Post by joep89 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:28 pm

Savory wrote:
Ethiaa wrote:I used to manage around 350 BT lines including a multi line exchange
soz hard ;)
Do you try and find an argument everywhere Savory? :D

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:06 am

joep89 wrote:
Savory wrote:
soz hard ;)
Don't you remember being in primary school when the socially isolated kids only knew how to interact by being an idiot towards everyone? :scratch:

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:57 pm

joep89 wrote:
Savory wrote:
soz hard ;)
no i just couldnt resist replying to such a comment :lol:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:38 pm

We have one BT line at work, in an unmanned warehouse with the sole purpose of allowing the security alarm company to monitor the alarm. Last week we got a call from the alarm company, saying the line wasn't working. It turns out we'd missed an online bill last month. But instead of sending an email to notify us that the bill was available, sending reminders, or making contact in anyway, BT disconnected us without any warning. :shock:

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:56 pm

BT are awful. We had a new phone system installed this time last year at work. Simple really, install new BT system, cancel the Virgin contracts, and port the numbers across.

They've cocked up the process at every single possible opportunity, a four week install has now dragged on for over year, and we've simultaneously been cut off, billed double, and credited by various different BT departments. We've even had the head of BT Business out to us, and installed hardware ourselves because the engineers turned up on site clueless.

We had one BT dept telling us not to pay any outstanding bills as they were looking into issues, meanwhile the debt collecting arm turn up threatening repossessions and legal action over the same unpaid bills. The project manager was largely un-concactable during the whole process :?