Bristol ROVERS v Blackburn ROVERS, Sat 14 April 2018, KO 15:00

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

If you met a strange lady, would she make you nervous?

Not if she took me in and gave me breakfast
27%
Only if you ask if you come from a land down under
9%
maybe if she took me in and gave me breakfast
9%
Drinking your fourth screwdriver because you are a mad man on a Tuesday
No votes
Constantly reminding your former professor who is from Liverpool area that Blackburn has won the league more than Liverpool
No votes
Letting spell check do the business
No votes
We've come too far to give up who we are
No votes
We're all up to get lucky
No votes
Be Kool and Get Down On It
No votes
GET YOUR BACK UP OFF THE WALL
9%
I heard all the people saying get down on it
No votes
Shoehorning an answer with gibbons, kestrels , Igor Tudor, faxadogl, using House of Tudor Two Door Tutoring Service as a premise but not as a climax nor conclusion
18%
So many nights I long to hold you, so many times I looked and saw your face, nothing can change the way I feel
No votes
No one else can take your place because I am only human, flesh and blood I'm made. Human, born to make mistakes
No votes
AMERICA
No votes
I need a hero
No votes
Where's the street wise Hercules?
No votes
Getting low on your fourth screwdriver, still letting spellcheck do the business, and considering the fifth as you stumble over the word "considering"
No votes
Making sure you haven't put more than 25 answers, because I'm pushing it to the limit, walking along the razor's edge, but I ain't looking down because I will be finished
9%
I'm a reasonable guy, but I have just experienced some unreasonable things
No votes
Will things ever be the same again, it's the final countdown
No votes
The next poll will be forcing y'all into an answer that is lyrics from Electric Avenue because I can't get food for the kid, so we're going to rock down to Electric Avenue
No votes
Realizing you only have 3 more options left, so you waste this one so you can put some random quote of a movie or a song you randomly think of at the time before you go on an epic Donald Trump response
No votes
Tricked Ya! It's shiplap in your newly renovated home!
No votes
I can't say I have ever been nervous in my life. But when I met this strange lady, she made me nervous. Very nervous. Big nervous. So nervous you would shake in your shoes. But sometimes, shaking in your shoes is a bad thing. I have never shaken in my shoes before like meeting this strange lady. This strange lady was such an impact on me, that I decided to talk to her longer. Not only did she make me breakfast, I had to ask her if she came from a land down under. Only ladies who make me nervous come from a land down under. She had this glow around her, so I had this urge to plunder. It was so strange, I have never plundered before. Then before you know it, I heard some thunder. These were some bad hombre thunders, let me tell you. I have heard a lot of thunder before, but not like this thunder. This thunder made me run and take cover, and I never take cover. This was the best cover I could ever ask for. That is why I am issuing an executive order for everyone to make sure their spellcheck is working correctly, otherwise this post would have never happened so I will Make Drunk Posting Great Again!
18%

Total votes: 11

Gaz
Valued squad member

Re: Bristol ROVERS v Blackburn ROVERS, Sat 14 April 2018, KO 15:00

Post by Gaz » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:26 am

That really hurt last night and Shrewsbury will take confidence from both us and Wigan dropping points. We need to quickly get that out the system and move on to Thursday. Really need to get 3 points just to help ease the pressure.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:35 pm

The next four/five games for Rovers, Wigan and Shrewsbury will be a rollercoaster. We will see what Shrewsbury come up with on Tuesday versus Charlton. Wigan i think play Oxford the same night. Be ready for Shrewsbury being only two points behind Rovers and Wigan three points in front. Any dlifferent than that will be a bonus.

Gaz
Valued squad member

Post by Gaz » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:28 pm

Darth Rover wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:35 pm
The next four/five games for Rovers, Wigan and Shrewsbury will be a rollercoaster. We will see what Shrewsbury come up with on Tuesday versus Charlton. Wigan i think play Oxford the same night. Be ready for Shrewsbury being only two points behind Rovers and Wigan three points in front. Any dlifferent than that will be a bonus.
Agreed.

Just seen the Williams miss :shock: he is absolutely awful from an offensive perspective. He scores that and it’s game over.

Thorisgodpoo
Experienced international star

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:11 am

However, his marauding run from box to box was pretty sweet. If he was able to do that more often and take risks offensively, he would be better. But heading apparently isn't his strong skill.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:20 pm

Was very gutting to see the last kick of the game go in for Bristol.

It all hinged on Williams not putting the game to bed which was unfortunate and having initially cleared the danger from the throw it was a sweetly stuck volley which we couldn't have done too much about.

We can only see what Shrewsbury do tomorrow night, if they win for me it puts a lot of pressure on us for Thursday in a game that becomes must win for us to keep ahead of them and it's also must win for Peterborough with regards to the play-offs.

Shrewsbury are then at home to Bury on Saturday where you would expect them to take all 3 points.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:12 pm

Wigan & Shrews both still 0-0, 60+

WacoRover
Ageing international

Post by WacoRover » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:37 pm

Shrews losing, 0-1 to Charlton

WacoRover
Ageing international

Post by WacoRover » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:47 pm

Great result for Rovers today, Charlton wins 0-2.

Shrews basically have to win every game now, & hope we lose twice.

Wigan basically insured their promotion... we could have done that, if we had held on the last seconds vs Bristol. Oh well

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:16 pm

Well done Accrington Stanley gaining promotion to League one next season. Next up for Rovers is Peterboro Thursday night. Ironically they need to win this game more than Rovers.

WacoRover
Ageing international

Post by WacoRover » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:26 pm

Darth Rover wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:16 pm
Well done Accrington Stanley gaining promotion to League one next season. Next up for Rovers is Peterboro Thursday night. Ironically they need to win this game more than Rovers.
Congrats to Accrington!

Yes, Peterborough could get into playoff zone with a win, based on theor goal-diff. Huge game for them, so Rovers need to play their best.

stillgrowling
Promising youngster

Post by stillgrowling » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:52 pm

So close now...............please don't screw it up on Thursday. Please!

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:16 pm

In complete hope I'd wanted Charlton to get something tonight but didn't think it would happen. Amazing result.

It changes the complexion of our game on Thursday now for. It's gone from a very high pressured potential must win to a positive opportunity to turn the screw a bit more on Shrewsbury and keep the pressure on them.

I think the team know they've not been at their best for the last 3 games and this is perfect incentive to to put in a better performance and take a huge step towards promotion on Thursday.

A win puts us effectively 9 points clear.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:07 am

Darth Rover wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:16 pm
Amazing achievement for Stanley considering their resources.