The Great Rovers Takeover Debate

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro

Re: The Great Rovers Takeover Debateâ„¢

Post by SheepShagginRover » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:59 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
SheepShagginRover wrote:No-one ever makes money out of football, I'm not being xenophobic. If you're looking to invest millions to reap a profit, Blackburn Rovers would not be the club to invest in.
Who says? The Glazer family are doing a fine job of paying off all their loans using Man Utd, for instance. Just because the club isn't making a profit, doesn't mean the Glazers aren't making money out of the club.

But still, you still haven't answered my question; I'll repeat it so you can see it again:- how does it differ for any other potential buyer?
The only buyer I want is someone who'll pour some of their money into the club not minding if they lose heavily. So they don't differ from many buyers.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:29 pm

So you want a sugar daddy, like Abramovich or Mansour? Who will probably get bored at some point and pull out...

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:37 pm

I'm getting close to snapping at people for substituting 'poultry' for 'paltry'. It's a shite pun and I'm not sure some people realise the two words have different spellings... :x

big stinny
Valued squad member

Post by big stinny » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:44 pm

I for don't want the VH group to come along and load us up with 46million pounds of dept. If this is true why was Ali knocked back with is 300million

Lincoln Rover
Promising youngster

Post by Lincoln Rover » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:47 pm

big stinny wrote:I for don't want the VH group to come along and load us up with 46million pounds of dept. If this is true why was Ali knocked back with is 300million
Well the club was valued at £25m by the Walker trust, plus the £15m debt wiped....at least thats my understanding....leaving the odd £5m or so for transfers..

cheeseandbaconturnov
New signing

Post by cheeseandbaconturnov » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:55 pm

Rover the Top wrote:I'm getting close to snapping at people for substituting 'poultry' for 'paltry'. It's a shite pun and I'm not sure some people realise the two words have different spellings... :x
Whoa there Rover the top!

Shite puns have been the cornerstone of all my internet forum use in the past! Sorry if you think i have been a cock using such a low form of wit. I shall hendeavour to improve my forum condcut in the future and hope not to eggsacerbate you any further with my puerile comments. Maybe we could learn to cooperate with one another on our views regarding puns and blackburn rovers.

Hi by the way. I'm new here

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:56 pm

big stinny wrote:I for don't want the VH group to come along and load us up with 46million pounds of dept. If this is true why was Ali knocked back with is 300million
Eh? The reports I've seen have said they're going to pay £46m to buy out the Trust and clear the club's debts. How have you interpreted that as them lumping £46m of debt onto the club? :-?

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:57 pm

Cause he's a clucking clucktard.

Unless we're buying a department store?
Last edited by mrblackbat on Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:58 pm

cheeseandbaconturnov wrote: Shite puns have been the cornerstone of all my internet forum use in the past!
Wasn't aimed at you, but the 'poultry' one has been done to death already. And like I said, I think some people don't realise it's not how you spell 'paltry', and are including it in serious points. :-?

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:59 pm

big stinny wrote:If this is true why was Ali knocked back with is 300million
Perhaps because he doesn't have 300 million. :numpty;

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:00 pm

Lincoln Rover wrote:
Well the club was valued at £25m by the Walker trust, plus the £15m debt wiped....at least thats my understanding....leaving the odd £5m or so for transfers..
Brilliantly answered there LR. I like the way you studiously ignored his question and gave an answer to one that I can only assume came from somewhere in your head. :hyper:

SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by SheepShagginRover » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:01 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
cheeseandbaconturnov wrote: Shite puns have been the cornerstone of all my internet forum use in the past!
Wasn't aimed at you, but the 'poultry' one has been done to death already. And like I said, I think some people don't realise it's not how you spell 'paltry', and are including it in serious points. :-?
A poultry excuse if you ask me :hyper:

Lincoln Rover
Promising youngster

Post by Lincoln Rover » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:02 pm

cheeseandbaconturnov wrote:.
Rover the Top wrote:I'm getting close to snapping at people for substituting 'poultry' for 'paltry'. It's a shite pun and I'm not sure some people realise the two words have different spellings... :x
Whoa there Rover the top!

Shite puns have been the cornerstone of all my internet forum use in the past! Sorry if you think i have been a cock using such a low form of wit. I shall hendeavour to improve my forum condcut in the future and hope not to eggsacerbate you any further with my puerile comments. Maybe we could learn to cooperate with one another on our views regarding puns and blackburn rovers.

Hi by the way. I'm new here
Well with a name like Rover the Top, he's hardly one to moan... 8)

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
What if they are indeed paltry farmers? :-o