The Great Rovers Takeover Debate

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Re: The Great Rovers Takeover Debateâ„¢

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:03 pm

Lincoln Rover wrote:
big stinny wrote:I for don't want the VH group to come along and load us up with 46million pounds of dept. If this is true why was Ali knocked back with is 300million
Well the club was valued at £25m by the Walker trust, plus the £15m debt wiped....at least thats my understanding....leaving the odd £5m or so for transfers..
I've only just realised that's where the £5m figure that people are crying about has come from. If they do provide £5m for transfers, then that's £5m more than we have to spend at the moment. But in the interviews they're quoted as saying they'll provide more money later but aren't prepared to say how much.

Lincoln Rover
Promising youngster

Post by Lincoln Rover » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:04 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
Lincoln Rover wrote:
big stinny wrote:I for don't want the VH group to come along and load us up with 46million pounds of dept. If this is true why was Ali knocked back with is 300million
Well the club was valued at £25m by the Walker trust, plus the £15m debt wiped....at least thats my understanding....leaving the odd £5m or so for transfers..
I've only just realised that's where the £5m figure that people are crying about has come from. If they do provide £5m for transfers, then that's £5m more than we have to spend at the moment. But in the interviews they're quoted as saying they'll provide more money later but aren't prepared to say how much.
Guess that depends on whether we finish between '10-12' :scratch:

It was in the article you posted the link for. :dunce:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:07 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
big stinny wrote:If this is true why was Ali knocked back with is 300million
Perhaps because he doesn't have 300 million. :numpty;
Had he forgotten that he'd already spent it on the Irish construction firm? Or the Australian property developers? :hyper:

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:13 pm

Probably both. But it seems evident that he doesn't have the cash he's talking about available, because otherwise I doubt VH would be buying the club...

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:17 pm

Lincoln Rover wrote:Guess that depends on whether we finish between '10-12' :scratch:
On every forum I've been on today people seem to be misreading that, and I'm not suggesting you have yourself - I'm sure in the article I read VH stated that they weren't looking for a top 4 finish, but to finish in the top 10-12.

That's anywhere between 1st and 12th; not between 10th and 12th position which a worryingly large percentage of fans seem to have taken as read and then run around screaming about a lack of ambition and mediocrity. :-?

Lincoln Rover
Promising youngster

Post by Lincoln Rover » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:24 pm

Well i was trying to be ironic on the premise people had misundertood exactly that....

One would assume they are just trying to manage expectations and put into perspective the scope of their task...easy for Samtards to confuse i suppose ;)

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:31 pm

mrblackbat wrote:Probably both. But it seems evident that he doesn't have the cash he's talking about available, because otherwise I doubt VH would be buying the club...
Or alternatively, he wasn't prepared to accept terms and conditions that the Trust have to insist on when selling the club. Or maybe they didn't warm to his PR circus and prefer the fact that VH have kept their interest quiet until they've agreed the deal. Maybe they're just too suspicious of his motives? But it seems evident that he does have money to spend as he keeps spending it. :tinfoil:

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:47 pm

mrblackbat wrote:Most of the teams in the top half have spent heavily, as well....
like west brom :lol:

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Is it his money though? Is the money actually available, or is it tied up in assets? Is it actually in the form of loans secured on the assets he's purchasing?

Of course, we don't know any of the answers. Maybe you're right that he won't agree to the terms the trust have to insist upon (which would be a good thing that he's not the buyer then).

But it would seem rather odd to sell to someone when someone else could pay more.

All in all, the whole circus involving Syed makes me glad he won't be buying the club; cause there's something fishy about it all.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:51 pm

Savory wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:Most of the teams in the top half have spent heavily, as well....
like west brom :lol:
I actually meant finished. :oops:

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:58 pm

oh well, at least can continue to be looking to finish between 10th-17th and not go down...

well thats the least we should be expecting, this takeover isnt gonna be as big as we'd hoped, but at least we should be guranteed in the top flight, who knows what will happen tho.

if we get a decent manager in tho, we could finish higher.

i read on let that they wanna change the name of the ground :shock:

SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by SheepShagginRover » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:03 pm

Chikastadium?

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:06 pm

It'll still be called Ewood Park by all but the dimmest of fans. Having the ground name changed by a sponsor seems like the easiest way to get money for doing absolutely fuck all.

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:10 pm

true its just a fuckin disgrace.

whatever it ends up being is what we'll have to read every day on the internet, match reports, on the news and hear on match of the day :evil:

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:46 pm

how many names has the riverside been called while i've steadfastly been refusing to bite? And i think it was the walkersteel when i went to my first game.

Can call the ground name "we all have herpes" if you pay us enough... still won't be as stupid as Newcastles.