Rovers v Chelsea FA Cup Semi Final

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
Dr Rover
Valued squad member

Re:

Post by Dr Rover » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:18 am

mrblackbat wrote:Aye, think they were brilliant yesterday. The second half performance absolutely ripped Chelski to shreds, and Cech pulled off some awesome saves to keep them in it. Then I think we'd just run out of steam in extra time, quite of few of them looked absolutely knackered.

We did everything I wanted us to, with excellent support and a great performance. Still completely gutted though.
Warnock looked like he was out on his feet in the second period of extra time.

Whilst I am disappointed that we wont be making the trip to Wembley as we deserved, i'd say try not to be too disappointed. We showed on this cup run what a small town side with a manager who buys the right players at the right price can do. I firmly believe if we keep this group of players together and perhaps add just a little more to the squad there is no reasin we cant be challenging for 4th spot next year, with a final appearance in one of the cups.

I'll say it again, there is no shame is taking a team that cost over £200m right to the limit, and in the end coming up that little bit short. There wont be many teams that give Chelsea such a good run for their money, and that includes in the champions league.

Today we should hold our heads high and be proud to follow the Rovers, because the team did us proud and we have a bright future ahead of us. Be proud of the fact that we beat teams such as Everton, City and Arsenal to get to the cup semi, and be proud that we all stood together yesterday, and gave the team everything we had. But most of all, just be proud to be a Rover

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re:

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:38 am

Dr Rover wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:Aye, think they were brilliant yesterday. The second half performance absolutely ripped Chelski to shreds, and Cech pulled off some awesome saves to keep them in it. Then I think we'd just run out of steam in extra time, quite of few of them looked absolutely knackered.

We did everything I wanted us to, with excellent support and a great performance. Still completely gutted though.

Whilst I am disappointed that we wont be making the trip to Wembley as we deserved, i'd say try not to be too disappointed. We showed on this cup run what a small town side with a manager who buys the right players at the right price can do. I firmly believe if we keep this group of players together and perhaps add just a little more to the squad there is no reasin we cant be challenging for 4th spot next year, with a final appearance in one of the cups.

I'll say it again, there is no shame is taking a team that cost over £200m right to the limit, and in the end coming up that little bit short. There wont be many teams that give Chelsea such a good run for their money, and that includes in the champions league.

Today we should hold our heads high and be proud to follow the Rovers, because the team did us proud and we have a bright future ahead of us. Be proud of the fact that we beat teams such as Everton, City and Arsenal to get to the cup semi, and be proud that we all stood together yesterday, and gave the team everything we had. But most of all, just be proud to be a Rover
Oh I agree entirely. But still gutted! ;)

What was with Warnock and the air kicking anyway?

Dr Rover
Valued squad member

Re:

Post by Dr Rover » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:41 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Dr Rover wrote:

Maybe he had a contact lens in the wrong way around?

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:53 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPiSq-mdnnA[/youtube]

Just wanted to test the YouTube code and highlight the loss of ability (for it can be nothing else really) of this once fine player

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:58 am

I was willing Drogba to pass as soon as I saw who was in the box for them... :lol: Maybe we can sell them Franny Jeffers for a cut-price £45m?

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re:

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:07 am

ethiaa wrote:
Just wanted to test the YouTube code and highlight the loss of ability (for it can be nothing else really) of this once fine player
You're forgetting he played in a League and team involved heavily in match rigging.... ;)

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:16 am

mrblackbat wrote:
ethiaa wrote:
You're forgetting he played in a League and team involved heavily in match rigging.... ;)
Fair point - although he looked the part internationally too. He had blistering pace though and its long gone.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Re:

Post by Gibbon » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:19 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Dr Rover wrote:

Wasn't that after he'd fooked his ankle? The Sky sports team thought he'd be subbed. :-?

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re:

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:31 am

ethiaa wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:
ethiaa wrote:
Fair point - although he looked the part internationally too. He had blistering pace though and its long gone.
I've seen him score goals for Milan against easy teams in the CL. That's really about it.

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Re:

Post by Gouldy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:34 am

Dr Rover wrote:

Exactly with a little tweaking and a bit o lucky with injuries this year we can go very far. Le Arse are looking poor and can be outed from the 4th CL position

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:13 pm

The FA have just announced the prices for the final: £35, £60, £80 and £95

:shock:

link
\"It was important to set ticket prices at a sensible and affordable level,\" said FA chief executive Brain Barwick.
:-?

edit:
grrr... Beaten to it by RTT by about 30 seconds :x

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Post by Gouldy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:32 pm

Thats a fuckin joke. How can they get away with it? Time to e-mail The Sun and get them on the case :lol:

Also have to say i was proud of our fans yedterday. We didnt let our heads go down when we lost a goal and we carried on singing till the end. Chelsea only sang when they were winning :roll:

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:10 pm

I will still have nightmares about MGP's glaring miss all summer :doh:

From the moment we scored I seemed to loose all strength and my legs turned to jelly and I was sure there would only be on winner :-(
Last edited by Rover the Moon on Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Simon
Ageing international

Re:

Post by Simon » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:11 pm

Rover the Moon wrote:I will still have nightmares about MGP's glaring miss all summer :doh:

From the moment was scored I seemed to loose all strength and my legs turned to jelly and I was sure there would only be on winner :-(
I couldn't agree more :cry:

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:20 pm

Where was McCarthy yesterday? Was he injured? Why did he not start?