Rovers v Chelsea FA Cup Semi Final

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
Joe
Ageing international

Re:

Post by Joe » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:03 pm

DunnFC wrote:We were brilliant, im so proud of us and we did deserve to win the game but unfortanatley the ref gave chelsea all the 50/50s and we had no chance i thought jr wud strart due to his physical presence but hughes was right not to play tugs he cant cut it anymore im afraid hes going,or it could just be a case of tugay needing a long rest.
Have you been watching Rovers play this season?

He started the season as our best player. When he has been on top form is when we have been winning, which is probably why has won the most man of the matches.

Edit:

And why the fuck can't you make something bold and underlined!!

Edit:

Sorted :oops:
Last edited by Joe on Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:05 pm

I've deleted the highlights off my PVR as I kept watching the MGP missed header over and over not believing that he actually MISSED the fucking thing :doh:

;)

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:59 pm

Was I the only one who felt yesterdays atmosphere was unbeliveable and came from the soul? The culmination of 1000's of peoples dreams of seeing Rovers win the fa cup?

I've only ever been to 2 games like that before and all of them involved a dream, but I never felt the quite as good as I did when Roberts equalised. Jesus I fell over onto the row in front of me and ended up 15 seats down the row, then my legs turned heavy and I could hardly breathe. The others were:

VE day where we had to beat Newcastle to get one hand on the prem

and the derby play off semi final when we realised our long held dream of promotion was slipping away again.

Joe
Ageing international

Re:

Post by Joe » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:04 am

Rover the Moon wrote:Was I the only one who felt yesterdays atmosphere was unbeliveable and came from the soul? The culmination of 1000's of peoples dreams of seeing Rovers win the fa cup?

I've only ever been to 2 games like that before and all of them involved a dream, but I never felt the quite as good as I did when Roberts equalised. Jesus I fell over onto the row in front of me and ended up 15 seats down the row, then my legs turned heavy and I could hardly breathe. The others were:

and the derby play off semi final when we realised our long held dream of promotion was slipping away again.
Yeah that's definitely the best I have ever felt after a rovers goal. Can't remember what I did, think I just jumped up and down on one spot for 5 minutes. And from that point onwards I was pumping with the most adrenaline I have ever had in my life.

Let's hope there's plenty more of these moments to come in the next few seasons.

Im sure we outsang Chelsea the entire game, the only time they sang was after their goals. ALthough I am probably being biased. Anyone who watched the game on telly notice?

Dr Rover
Valued squad member

Re:

Post by Dr Rover » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:46 am

Rover the Moon wrote:Was I the only one who felt yesterdays atmosphere was unbeliveable and came from the soul? The culmination of 1000's of peoples dreams of seeing Rovers win the fa cup?

Yep on both counts. I thought the atmosphere around Manchester, on the tram down to the game and in the ground was unbelievable.

After we scored, my heart was beating faster than its ever done before. I thought it was going to break through my rib cage and tear through my skin. My knees we weak and i had a sick feeling in my tummy - almost like being nervous but 100 times worse. I thought there was nothing going to stop us the way we were playing. I could only see one winner. At one point i stupidly started to think about making the trip to Wembley.

Still, it just goes to show football can be a cruel game at times. We deserved to be playing in the cup final, but Chelsea are there instead. There is always next year though.

By the way Moon, the two games where i have felt like that before are VE day like you, and the Worthington cup final after Cole scored to put us 2-1 up,

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:01 am

I've discovered I cut my shin at some point during the game, after cracking it on the seat in front when I jumped up for something... could have been the goal... :cry:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:02 am

One point about the ticket sales - the game's capacity was 70,000, with about 30,000 tickets for each side, the rest kept for the FA - both teams sold around 24,000 each, which made up 48,000 of the 50,000 in the stadium - so what happened to 8,000 of the FA's 10,000 tickets? :-?

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re:

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:43 am

Dr Rover wrote:
DunnFC wrote:AS IF! moko is playing out his skin and yes i bet he knows that next season he wont play a game.
Mokoena may be playing out of his skin, but he is no where near a good player. When he does the things he is good at, namely sitting in front of the back four and breaking play up, he is ok.

At best, he is a barely competent holding midfield player
Agree entirely. People are only excited about his recent games because he's a terrible player who's now putting in average (at best) performances). Waste of a shirt, completly.

DunnFC
Regular international

Post by DunnFC » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:59 pm

he even though hes playing well him and tugay, gray, jeffers and gally can all go and we should bring in lita and sidwell sidwell wud be a free transfer and lita wud cost less than 3mill.

bigpoppa
New signing

Post by bigpoppa » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:22 pm

I hear that you're 15 yes? Do you go to school in Burnley because you have the worst sentence construction and grammar that i've ever seen. Please make an effort in future then people don't have to read your post 3 times to work out what you're going on about. No offence intended but my cousin is only 7 and can write as good as me.

On a serious note - well done to every single Rovers fan that attended on Sunday. The atmosphere was electric and when Roberts scored, i've never experienced anything like it - it was actually better than sex! Although it cheered me up when i got home to the girlfriend haha.

Proud to be a Rover!

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Re:

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:34 pm

bigpoppa wrote: No offence intended but my cousin is only 7 and can write as good as me.
Which is funny, because that sentence reads as though it was written by a seven year old... :scratch: :P

calmck
New signing

Re:

Post by calmck » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:35 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
bigpoppa wrote: No offence intended but my cousin is only 7 and can write as good as me.
Which is funny, because that sentence reads as though it was written by a seven year old... :scratch: :P
To be fair, the lad's only 8..... ;)

DunnFC
Regular international

Post by DunnFC » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:05 pm

piss off lol.

bigpoppa
New signing

Post by bigpoppa » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:48 pm

lol, it was meant to be 'good' instead of 'well' to tie in with my point.

I am 22 by the way lol.

DunnFC
Regular international

Post by DunnFC » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:15 pm

i was only joking dude, chill lol means laugh out loud.