Steve Kean arrested for drunk driving

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Re: Steve Kean arrested for drunk driving

Post by -BARON-23- » Wed May 18, 2011 10:16 pm

Haha very mature Gibbon :)

I think the worst thing is that each argument is so repetative. Might as well just copy and paste a response :foot:

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Wed May 18, 2011 10:39 pm

Haha very mature Gibbon :)

I think the worst thing is that each argument is so repetative. Might as well just copy and paste a response :foot:

:cheers:

Sorry. Mid-afternoon boredom kicked in.

Simon
Ageing international

Post by Simon » Wed May 18, 2011 11:30 pm

Heard it all before. Fact is that Kean has been disappointing and is different in Allardyce in the sense that Allardyce had shown himself to be successful as a manager in the past - this is all we have to go off with Kean. I feel like he's gotten better tactically in recent weeks, but would still rather have a new manager next season.

roverdean
New signing

Post by roverdean » Thu May 19, 2011 12:11 am

Whats all this constant comparison to Dangledice nonsence about? The Walrus had to go because his standard of football was appalling. Right action, wrong timing in my opinion. Its a good job Kean is keeping positive, because the majority of fans moan and droan would have us down already. I agree with the fans who aren't fussed whether he stays or goes. I can't say i have ever once felt suicidle after watching a game with Kean in charge. Christ we could win a game under Allardyce and it felt like you'd just took a hammering. Why are Rovers most Rovers fans so fickle? I bet there were whingers when the club won the league. There's just no pleasing some people.

roverdean
New signing

Post by roverdean » Thu May 19, 2011 12:13 am

Apologies for the typing error :D

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Thu May 19, 2011 10:34 am

onlyonejackwalker wrote:MaccyT. As you are determined to have your two pennies worth... :shrug:

We had the three years of you hating MGP and spouting it loud and proud even when he was / is top of the assists, scores his fair share of goals and a succession of quality managers continued to pick him, including at International level. IE.. hatred without foundation and yet you have the gall to criticise me and state my dislike for Steve Kean is without foundation. You sanctimonious ninkanpoop... :shock:

You have actively celebrated Kean dropping him, claiming justification for your views all along, when the simple reality is we now have other players available in his positions that have been worthy of playing, when in the past we have not had the depth to remove him from the team and he has remained our best option. Then when Kean picks him again you are amazed and gobsmacked... :lol:

Then we had "Jermaine Jones is the answer to all our prayers", after he had played, wait for it, one game!!! :doh:

Meanwhile your other inspired wisdom has been;

When we beat Fulham.
When we beat Newcastle.
When we beat Birmingham.
When we beat Wigan.
When we beat Villa.
When we beat Everton.
When we beat Blackpool.
When we beat West Ham.

Followed by, we have only had two bad games under Kean. Even the Keantards don't peddle that twaddle. Initially look at the list above to refute that argument but then go back to Stoke and West Ham and Sunderland if you still don't get it... :numpty;

And now, you honestly believe Kean is doing well and is the right man for the job, but acknowledge if he had been in charge for the entire season we would have been relegated... :foot:

????????????????????????
I'll have you know young man I've hated Pedersen for longer than that, I think. :D

But where you have got it wrong is that I will always hold my hands up and admit when he has played well as I have done directly with you on 606, whereas you continue to chastise Kean in everything he has done and have not admitted any good. Spouting that we were lucky to beat Liverpool this season but were amazing in games like Villa away under Sam last season, which was end of the season total fluke.

Just to get the Pedersen thing off my chest, top of the assist chart. Right, I could be carried in the Rovers starting XI and bumble around midfield at a snails pace unable to control or pass a football to a team mate and too scared to mess up my hair to tackle anyone, but be afforded the luxury of taking every single corner, long throw and freekick, over 38 games plus cup competitions I would always be top of our assist chart. Olsson, Hoilett, Dunn, Emerton, Givet, Andrews even fucking Robbo are all capable of taking a set piece and aiming it at a fucking giant that is Samba, it really isn't that difficult or impressive, the fact that most of his corners never clear the first man is just embarrassing. The guy is an absolute liability in open play for attack and defence, the fact that he might score one spectacular freekick in a whole season versus all the bad he brings is the most laughable inbalance I have ever witnessed and gladly he doesn't start games anymore and will hopefully be sold this summer.

Pedersen was dropped because we have 2 wingers in Olsson and Hoilett capable of actually running fast and having the energy and speed to beat defenders and also get back and defend. Hoilett and Samba aside, Jermaine Jones has been probably our best player since January, Salgado and Robbo have also been great. He is everything you want from a combative box to box central midfielder and thankfully has everything Pedersen lacks. Stamina, energy, pace, can tackle, can pass and run with ball and never ever stops giving 110% for the team.

At no point did I ever say we would beat Fulham, Wigan, Villa, Everton or West Ham. The other games you highlight I expected us to win, we drew, deservedly against Newcastle but unlucky against Blackpool and Birmingham.

You have also seemed shocked at us losing away at Fulham, Everton, Sunderland and Villa, no matter who our Manager is, these are 4 of the toughest away games outside of the top 5/6. We played Fulham who were unbeaten at home since Christmas and ran them very very close but for a poor ref decision. Everton are an excellent team and we caught them on a good day. Villa, despite our emphatic thrashing of them at the end of last season, is actually a huge bogey ground for us and we were poor on the day. Sunderland we on fire when we played them, no injuries and players like Henderson and Gyan were on form, it happens.

Stating we would beat Blackpool and Birmingham at home, us being the better side and but for some poor refereeing we could have easily won but we drew hardly makes me a fool.

The only other thing I stated was that we would go unbeaten in our final 3 games of the season, so far so good.

mcflash
New signing

Post by mcflash » Thu May 19, 2011 10:41 am

Ifs and buts are no good if you get relegated. Its a results orientated business and we suck under Steve Kean. All he has shown is relegation form, how you can still back somebody like that is beyond me. And I'm telling you here and now that if he is here next year it will continue in the same fashion.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu May 19, 2011 10:47 am

Ifs and buts are no good if you get relegated... that sentence is making my head hurt... :(

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Thu May 19, 2011 10:47 am

mcflash wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:
Wow, you really do appear to be a grade a knobsack.
Well done. Jump in with an atrocious insult and nothing else. Maybe you should look in the mirror to find what you are calling somebody else there.
Hey, I have no qualms admitting I'm a grade a knobsack. ;)

mcflash
New signing

Post by mcflash » Thu May 19, 2011 10:54 am

Rover the Top wrote:Ifs and buts are no good if you get relegated... that sentence is making my head hurt... :(
All we've shown is relegation form under Steve Kean. Only reason we are not relegated is we had a manager who had some idea what he was doing for our first 17 games.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu May 19, 2011 10:57 am

I'll admit to struggling with the original sentence, but I can't see how anyone was supposed to derive that from it? :whistle:

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Thu May 19, 2011 10:58 am

mcflash wrote:
Rover the Top wrote:Ifs and buts are no good if you get relegated... that sentence is making my head hurt... :(
All we've shown is relegation form under Steve Kean. Only reason we are not relegated is we had a manager who had some idea what he was doing for our first 17 games.
Nah, if that was the case we wouldn't be in a position to stay up still, considering that the teams below us have also upped their form.

Though of course all that may be moot if said "manager who had some idea what he was doing" gets us points docked for his illegal transfer dealings.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Thu May 19, 2011 10:58 am

mcflash wrote:
There is another reason we are close to relegation, we are in the midst of the most exceptional relegation battles to date in the Premier League. Never has it been this close and at such a high tally of points.

People point to Sam's last 21 games last season and Kean's this season. No pressure last season with Pompey, Hull and Burnley badly cut adrift as so often in most seasons, admittedly Kean's points tally has not been good enough, but in any other season we'd be easily safe already.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu May 19, 2011 10:59 am

mcflash wrote:
Well, I'm not sure I agree with that at all. Surely you can admit that performances and results have been better in the last 5 games or so, so it's logical to assume that if Kean had been in charge from the start of the season, we would have seen this improvement earlier on and reaped the benefits...or not. It's all speculation.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Thu May 19, 2011 11:01 am

That doesn't fit in with the weltanschauung of Kean being super-crap though does it. So it'll be ignored.