When will Savage be back?

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
HrZC
New signing

When will Savage be back?

Post by HrZC » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:16 am

We miss him so much, such a great attacking midfielder, aggressive & creative, everything we're missing in midfield right now.

Has anyone else noticed how when we get the ball over the half way line we tend to hesitate like we're not sure what to do and we either pass it back or just hit and hope long passes into the penalty area?

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Post by Gouldy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:21 pm

He wont be back before the end of the season. Hopefully we will have more of an aggressive threat in the centre next season with the return of Savage and Reid

Joe
Ageing international

Re: When will Savage be back?

Post by Joe » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:32 pm

HrZC wrote:We miss him so much, such a great attacking midfielder, aggressive & creative, everything we're missing in midfield right now.

Has anyone else noticed how when we get the ball over the half way line we tend to hesitate like we're not sure what to do and we either pass it back or just hit and hope long passes into the penalty area?
Absolute bullshit.

We may miss his work rate and stamina, slightly.

But Robbie Savage should never ever be associated with the words attacking midfielder or, especially, creative.

Talking about the midfield "just passing it back"? That is all Savage does on the ball. He is not good at, and has admitted this in interviews, dribbling or playing any sort of creative balls. He is good at pressurizing players and working hard.

Although we may have missed that work rate and passion while he has been out, Dunny proved on Sunday that you can be the hardworking passionate midfield AND be creative and attacking at the same time.

Hoodwinker
Promising youngster

Post by Hoodwinker » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:37 pm

I had Dunny's return down as a replacement for the Maestro rather than Savage.

We do miss Sav's workrate and alongside a more creative player such as Tugay/Dunn it seems a perfect combination to me.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:41 pm

THe main problem we have in CM without Savage is that Moko is on the field.

Savage is a good player, and we are missing him dearly, for his work rate and ability to put the opposition on the backfoot. Alright, he might not even put the tackles in but when he starts charging around the opposition usually panic into giving the ball away.

ladyRoverbabe
New signing

Re:

Post by ladyRoverbabe » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:05 am

Gouldy wrote:He wont be back before the end of the season. Hopefully we will have more of an aggressive threat in the centre next season with the return of Savage and Reid
Last thing I read, was that he had some sort of a set back in training. Latest is that he will not be back until the start of next season.

Mike1989
New signing

Post by Mike1989 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:06 pm

Personally for me we do miss Savage in some ways, i'd take him over Dunn any day, as for me Dunn has been no were near as good as Savage in consistancy terms.

But in terms of who we miss most in midfield, Reid, we miss him. He's creative, pacey, good eye for goal, goodpasser etc. Creative. Sooner he's back the better.

But Savage wedo miss, i'd have him in the team over Dunn any day of the week.

HrZC
New signing

Re: When will Savage be back?

Post by HrZC » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:02 am

Joe wrote:
HrZC wrote:We miss him so much, such a great attacking midfielder, aggressive & creative, everything we're missing in midfield right now.

Absolute bullshit.

We may miss his work rate and stamina, slightly.

But Robbie Savage should never ever be associated with the words attacking midfielder or, especially, creative.

Talking about the midfield "just passing it back"? That is all Savage does on the ball. He is not good at, and has admitted this in interviews, dribbling or playing any sort of creative balls. He is good at pressurizing players and working hard.

Although we may have missed that work rate and passion while he has been out, Dunny proved on Sunday that you can be the hardworking passionate midfield AND be creative and attacking at the same time.
Savage has been known to play some great through balls.

DunnFC
Regular international

Post by DunnFC » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:03 pm

super super rob
super super rob
super super rob
super robbie savage!

sums him up.