Arse-hole Wanker - He's a disgrace

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
DunnFC
Regular international
Posts: 979
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:29 am

Post by DunnFC » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:55 pm

I think Arsenal charge £900 for a season ticket, what a rip-off to watch that load of dross. the chants of your shit to fill youre ground were ill explained as they cant sell out theres, correct me if im wrong. Arsenal belong on the continent with all those foreigners who rolled around like the eye balls in my head.

arsenal will struggle for uefa cup and if we play like all that this season we could get uc or cl.

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27946
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:56 pm

The reason why it went unpunished is because both the referee and the FA's disciplinary committee realised that there is no way Todd could make Van Persie make a sudden and random change of direction to run straight into him. Now either Arsenal fans possess telekinetic powers that no one else does, or they're just thick and think the worst of everyone.

And it was on the backpages for weeks, people still bring it up now without remembering that the video evidence proved Todd's innocence.

But I guess there's no point in trying to reason with a set of fans who argue that Savage 'made' Gilberto kick him last season? :disagree:

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 6707
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:34 am

Post by Rover the Moon » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:25 pm

Just maybe if Arsenal did get their short arms into their deep pockets like Man U and Chelsea they may now be getting nearer to the top than nearer to the UEFA cup spots.......just a thought :scratch:

and as far as I could tell Wiley had a red shirt on in terms of favouritism so Bury Phil is talking out of deluded jacksie again.

streakyb
Valued squad member
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:30 am

Re:

Post by streakyb » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:42 pm

Bury Phil wrote:A recent Independent survey, had Arsenal as the second lowest net transfer account in the EPL,
Ahh, the good old survey. As far as I know both Arsenal and Rovers are among the most reticent of clubs when it comes to revelaing figures for transfers. Both clubs are good in transfer market in general and part of that is keeping quiet. Also financial figures in football tend to be at least 2-3 season out of date.

Bury Phil
New signing
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:59 am
Contact:

Re:

Post by Bury Phil » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:55 pm

Rover the Moon wrote:and as far as I could tell Wiley had a red shirt on in terms of favouritism so Bury Phil is talking out of deluded jacksie again.
If both sets of supporters believe the ref is biased against them, then perhaps the ref is just poor. He ducked some major decisions in the first half, and then seemed to try and atone for this by giving a string of decisions to "even" things up.

I believe that he lost control.

The amusing thing is that we all think he's crap - just for makedly differnt evidence, all pulled out of the mind's eye to suit our own paradigms.

I hate Wiley, am appalled by Stiles, and have had street parties to celebrate the demise of Poll.

Poll was not permitted to referee at Highbury for 3 years. Not on grounds of Competence, nor on the advice of the safety committee. Strangely, having ruled out two good goals for offside, missed a blatant Handball, sent campbell off for an excellent tackle, and given the visitors a dodgy penalty, he managed to swing a Newcastle win, and get thierry banned for three matches for asking him "why". Yes, strangely: the Referees company then never put the top English referee back at THOF.

Perhaps you should stop looking for conspiracy, and just start believing in Cock-Up.

Bury Phil
New signing
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:59 am
Contact:

Re:

Post by Bury Phil » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:04 pm

DunnFC wrote:I. the chants of your shit to fill youre ground were ill explained as they cant sell out theres, correct me if im wrong. Arsenal belong on the continent with all those foreigners who rolled around like the eye balls in my head.

arsenal will struggle for uefa cup and if we play like all that this season we could get uc or cl.
I believe that Highbury was full (circa 38650) for every home match in EPL/FAC. The Emirates is also full for every home match.

the argument is spurious: Arsenal are a comopolitan club in the Nation's capital, with a world-wide reputation. Blackburn are an earnest, provincial club with historical roots and a recent benefactor. They have punched above their weight for many years, but the poputaion fo Blackburn/Darwen is a different kettle of fish to 15m Londoners plus visitors, and 20 million within an hours commuting distance.

I think that you are getting too sensitive about the banter from the fans. It's all just a wind-up, and you are getting wound-up.

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 15544
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re:

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:02 pm

Bury Phil wrote:
DunnFC wrote:I. the chants of your shit to fill youre ground were ill explained as they cant sell out theres, correct me if im wrong. Arsenal belong on the continent with all those foreigners who rolled around like the eye balls in my head.

arsenal will struggle for uefa cup and if we play like all that this season we could get uc or cl.
I believe that Highbury was full (circa 38650) for every home match in EPL/FAC. The Emirates is also full for every home match.

the argument is spurious: Arsenal are a comopolitan club in the Nation's capital, with a world-wide reputation. Blackburn are an earnest, provincial club with historical roots and a recent benefactor. They have punched above their weight for many years, but the poputaion fo Blackburn/Darwen is a different kettle of fish to 15m Londoners plus visitors, and 20 million within an hours commuting distance.

I think that you are getting too sensitive about the banter from the fans. It's all just a wind-up, and you are getting wound-up.
There's a difference between banter and delusional rants....

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 15544
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re:

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:05 pm

Bury Phil wrote:
Rover the Moon wrote:and as far as I could tell Wiley had a red shirt on in terms of favouritism so Bury Phil is talking out of deluded jacksie again.
If both sets of supporters believe the ref is biased against them, then perhaps the ref is just poor. He ducked some major decisions in the first half, and then seemed to try and atone for this by giving a string of decisions to "even" things up.

I believe that he lost control.

The amusing thing is that we all think he's crap - just for makedly differnt evidence, all pulled out of the mind's eye to suit our own paradigms.

I hate Wiley, am appalled by Stiles, and have had street parties to celebrate the demise of Poll.

Poll was not permitted to referee at Highbury for 3 years. Not on grounds of Competence, nor on the advice of the safety committee. Strangely, having ruled out two good goals for offside, missed a blatant Handball, sent campbell off for an excellent tackle, and given the visitors a dodgy penalty, he managed to swing a Newcastle win, and get thierry banned for three matches for asking him "why". Yes, strangely: the Referees company then never put the top English referee back at THOF.

Perhaps you should stop looking for conspiracy, and just start believing in Cock-Up.
Could almost be talking about yesterday's game there... :whistle:

doz_magic_man
Valued squad member
Posts: 566
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:24 pm

Re:

Post by doz_magic_man » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:06 pm

Bury Phil wrote:I think that you are getting too sensitive about the banter from the fans. It's all just a wind-up, and you are getting wound-up.


In fairness you have come under a torrent of abuse and you still stick around to make arguments, but what's your motive? You will never change anybody's mind on here just as I couldn't go on an Arsenal message board and persuade the fans that we aren't "rough house." You say it's banter but if I was you I wouldn't be laughing because there's nothing witty anywhere really, it's just abuse.

Bury Phil reminds me of Vinjay; he appears articulate but he never stops replying to all posts and doesn't appear to accept other viewpoints. The fact he tries retorting the child-like comments that come out of DunnFC's fingers speaks volumes.

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 15544
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:10 pm

Well said, Doz.

User avatar
theadore
Inexperienced manager
Posts: 9810
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:25 pm

Post by theadore » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:39 pm

i'm actually with bury phil on this one... he is quite probably looking for an argument and he is doing it well... hes not been phased by the responses because it was probably what he was looking for... however he probably came to the wrong place.

last time i checked we didn't have much in the way of rules about what is posted... and i can't see that any have been broken... but generally the people on here prefer a reasoned debate in which they think about their points as objectively as possible rather than a tirade of one sided tosh.

generally

DunnFC
Regular international
Posts: 979
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:29 am

Post by DunnFC » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:52 pm

Well said Adore but lads lets just ignore Bury Phil, i mean who wants to read about his negative view of our team and town and his constant remarks about our fine tatics, in time this plonker will go away (fingers crossed).

We have all said stuff and quoted facts and its not our fault that Bury Phils mind is so stupid, So lets agree to disagree and move on.
Last edited by DunnFC on Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 6707
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:34 am

Post by Rover the Moon » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:57 pm

I think I have thrown more informed insults than you Dunn. All of them correct and thus not entirely insulting as they are the truth based on what I have read ;)

DunnFC
Regular international
Posts: 979
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:29 am

Re:

Post by DunnFC » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:00 pm

Rover the Moon wrote:I think I have thrown more informed insults than you Dunn. All of them correct and thus not entirely insulting as they are the truth based on what I have read ;)
Ok Moon but i just get really angry when people talk in such manner as Bury Phil.

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 15544
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:39 am

Booooo. I want the fight to carry on! ONly thing that keeps me going at work!

Post Reply