Page 4 of 4

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:44 am
by Gibbon
Can we just Bury Phil now? :whistle: ;)

Re:

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:09 am
by DunnFC
mrblackbat wrote:Booooo. I want the fight to carry on! ONly thing that keeps me going at work!
e-fight e-fight e-fight

Re:

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:09 am
by Bury Phil
DunnFC wrote:Well said Adore but lads lets just ignore Bury Phil, i mean who wants to read about his negative view of our team and town and his constant remarks about our fine tatics, in time this plonker will go away (fingers crossed).

We have all said stuff and quoted facts and its not our fault that Bury Phils mind is so stupid, So lets agree to disagree and move on.
I have never criticised Blackburn or darwen. Nor would I for fairly obvious reasons. I just indicated that an argument about filling stadia and capacity was not really relevant for eother set of supporters. It is a spurious, irrelevant argument.

Anyway, thanks.

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:02 am
by theadore
see you in february.

Re:

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:11 pm
by DunnFC
theadore wrote:see you in february.
yup I hope we just go out to kick lumps out of them, people would probably award us if we did that.

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:03 pm
by Bury Phil
I have travelled all around China/Japan/India and Vietnam over the last five years, with a Blackburn Season-Ticket Holder in tow. Everywhere he goes, after the larynx has become lubricated, he has merrily informed the audience that the \"is one team outside the Big three, who have won the EPL\".

It is a personal ambition to inform the entire Continent about Rovers.

I work in Blackburn, and am the second biggest employer in the Town/City

I know the history both recent and longe-range.

I admire what Mark Hughes has done, and is doing. He did put together a team that was (over) committed, but needs must. In his first season; he did what he needed. Since, he has put together an excellent team.

The only negative is Robbie, and you have to admit that the guy has been a panto villain everywhere he has played. If he played for the opposition - you would give him stick. Then again: I was brought up with a Midfield enforcer like Peter Storey - he makes Robbie look like a Boy-Band member

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:33 pm
by watty
I work in Blackburn, and am the second biggest employer in the Town/City
You work in Blackburn and yet you dont know that it is a small town and not a city, surely all you have to do is look out of the window and see that it is no where near big enough to be a city

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:11 pm
by Bury Phil
I can see a canal, three sheep and a tramp.

Why do you have to pick a fight about such triviality? In Basra, the Bristish Army is getting it's ass-whupped, while the Solicitor General stands firm on the legalities of the war. What do you do? Worry about the colour of the soldier's Boxer shorts!

I have lived in Norwich, and that is smaller than Blackburn/Darwen. Yet is a city. hasn't anyone told you yet, that size doesn't matter?

Re:

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:13 pm
by theadore
Bury Phil wrote:
I have lived in Norwich, and that is smaller than Blackburn/Darwen. Yet is a city. hasn't anyone told you yet, that size doesn't matter?
yes, but being a man he asumed they were lying.

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:24 pm
by Bury Phil
LOL

Anyway: I just hedged my bets because Blackburn is a city by the Pre-War definition - ie it has an Anglican cathedral.

As a Unitary Administration it is made up of 2 TOWNS (Blackburn and darwen).


ie: if you are a of a certain age, you will think it is a City. If you are younger than 50, you will be disappointed that The Queen conveyed the Millennium gift to two other towns ( probably Slough and Newbury!)

You can read more on your own Town/City Website

I cannot believe that I am teaching you basic stuff about YOUR Town/City

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:26 pm
by Bury Phil
Blackburn, Lancashire, England
Website: Blackburn.com
City of Blackburn
City of Blackburn England

Blackburn is the gateway to Lancashire's beautiful hill country. As well as a famous football team, Blackburn is home to Lancashire's only Anglican cathedral and boasts a multi-cultural community which bristles with activity.

BLACKBURN and Darwen are in the unitary authority of Blackburn with Darwen council which has a population of 140,000. The borough is situated approximately 35 miles from Manchester, the region's major city, and some 30 miles from Blackpool

The history of Blackburn stretches back to the time of the Romans - when the area lay on the ancient military way leading from Mancunium (Manchester) to Bremetennacum (Ribchester). Its establishment as a textile centre goes back to the 1200s, when prosperity was based on wool but by the middle of the 17th century, cotton became the dominant industry. Today it has a diverse manufacturing base - one of the country's biggest CD makers is based in the town - and is a major brewing centre.

But the town is perhaps better known as the home of Premiership football team Blackburn Rovers - one of the founder members of the football league in 1888.

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:28 pm
by Bury Phil
I go now to lie down. I thought that us Northerners were supposed to be clever, witty, and open-minded?

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:32 pm
by Gibbon
I repeat, when are you going to bury phil? You've been on here week and the manc buggers STILL above ground.

You shouldn't make these promises if you can't keep them. ;)

Re:

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:34 pm
by Rover the Top
Bury Phil wrote:
I cannot believe that I am teaching you basic stuff about YOUR Town/City
Nor can I, you sad bastard. Get a life. ;)

By the way, http://www.blackburn.com only brings up an ads site.

Re:

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:48 am
by Dan
Bury Phil wrote:Blackburn, Lancashire, England
Website: Blackburn.com
City of Blackburn
City of Blackburn England

Blackburn is the gateway to Lancashire's beautiful hill country. As well as a famous football team, Blackburn is home to Lancashire's only Anglican cathedral and boasts a multi-cultural community which bristles with activity.

BLACKBURN and Darwen are in the unitary authority of Blackburn with Darwen council which has a population of 140,000. The borough is situated approximately 35 miles from Manchester, the region's major city, and some 30 miles from Blackpool

The history of Blackburn stretches back to the time of the Romans - when the area lay on the ancient military way leading from Mancunium (Manchester) to Bremetennacum (Ribchester). Its establishment as a textile centre goes back to the 1200s, when prosperity was based on wool but by the middle of the 17th century, cotton became the dominant industry. Today it has a diverse manufacturing base - one of the country's biggest CD makers is based in the town - and is a major brewing centre.

But the town is perhaps better known as the home of Premiership football team Blackburn Rovers - one of the founder members of the football league in 1888.
:scratch: