Chelski v Rovers

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
Border Rover
New signing

Post by Border Rover » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:07 am

I think we'll lose but run them close. I hope i'm wrong

TheManInYourHeads
New signing

Post by TheManInYourHeads » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:34 pm

I think we'll Lose But I Really Hope I'm Wrong..Chances of us Winning are slim to none

BarmyArmy75

Post by BarmyArmy75 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:13 pm

I think this is our biggest test yet this season, even though we aren't far into it. I think this is where wer'e gonna get an idea where wer'e gonna finish up this season.

I don't see why we can't come away with all three points. But, having said that, is it often Chelsea get beat, and even if they get beat they never get beat the game after, they'll come back fighting, if Pedersen can be arsed I think we'll get at them on wings.

I reckon if we win 1- 0 to us, but overall I reckon 1-1. :-D

doz_magic_man
Valued squad member

Post by doz_magic_man » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:22 pm

I think people are getting a bit carried away! Chelsea will be desperate to get back to winning ways, we'll be lucky to get a draw. Yes we've had a good start but we've only played four Premiership games. If we were in mid-November unbeaten then I would say we stand a great chance of getting something but I can only see defeat in this match.

apitt100
New signing

Post by apitt100 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:41 pm

Chelsea hold the record now for unbeaten home game which is about 67 or around that figure,so they prove that they are the ultimate home team to play against. All the great teams in the history of english football cant compare with Chelsea's currunt run, but you never know.

Runs are there to be broken!

Fingers crossed brad plays one of his best ever games for us and we can smash and grab, santa on nil.

BarmyArmy75

Re:

Post by BarmyArmy75 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:05 pm

apitt100 wrote:Chelsea hold the record now for unbeaten home game which is about 67 or around that figure,so they prove that they are the ultimate home team to play against. All the great teams in the history of english football cant compare with Chelsea's currunt run, but you never know.

Fingers crossed brad plays one of his best ever games for us and we can smash and grab, santa on nil.
Yeh, I agree, Chelsea haven't been beaten twice on the bounce or at home since as far as I can remember, but it's about time eh?

Pete
New signing

Re:

Post by Pete » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:16 pm

BarmyArmy75 wrote:
apitt100 wrote:Chelsea hold the record now for unbeaten home game which is about 67 or around that figure,so they prove that they are the ultimate home team to play against. All the great teams in the history of english football cant compare with Chelsea's currunt run, but you never know.

Yeh, I agree, Chelsea haven't been beaten twice on the bounce or at home since as far as I can remember, but it's about time eh?
From BBC website:- Chelsea lost 2-0 at Aston Villa last time out, but have not suffered back-to-back defeats in 43 Premier League outings since the end of the season before last on 2 and 7 May 2006, away to Blackburn and Newcastle respectively.

We were involved the last time it happened so why not now! Although last time they had already won the title and were a bit more relaxed in their approach to us i think.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:34 am

So does anyone know which pubs in Blackburn have Setanta?

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Re:

Post by Dan » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:17 pm

mrblackbat wrote:So does anyone know which pubs in Blackburn have Setanta?
Setanta or not, any pub that can get the foreign broadcasts will probably have it.

roverJ
New signing

Re:

Post by roverJ » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:23 pm

doz_magic_man wrote:I think people are getting a bit carried away! Chelsea will be desperate to get back to winning ways, we'll be lucky to get a draw. Yes we've had a good start but we've only played four Premiership games. If we were in mid-November unbeaten then I would say we stand a great chance of getting something but I can only see defeat in this match.
Aye, I'm definitely getting carried away. I can't help it. I just feel stupidly hopeful, what with all Chelsea's injuries. If we lose, I'm going to be absolutely gutted.

*sighs*

Gibbon
Promising manager

Re:

Post by Gibbon » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:27 pm

mrblackbat wrote:So does anyone know which pubs in Blackburn have Setanta?
Try the irish ones. ;)

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:46 pm

http://www.football4less.com/schedules/ ... glish.html
Right at the bottom... just for anyone without setanta or a pub ;)

DunnFC
Regular international

Post by DunnFC » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:59 pm

Chelsea have no Bridge,Drogba,Lampard,Carvalho and Pizzaro is a major doubt.
Rovers will check McCarthy,Satanta Cruz,Mokoena for fitness.

I think weve got as good chance of any team winning down there, its going to be hard and tight but cmon Rovers we can do it!!! we are in great form and weve got a great team who are capable of beating anyone on there day.

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:22 pm

Happy :-D :-D :-D :dancin:

I'd imagine they did exactly what Hughes told them to do, go out and stifle Chelsea. I just hope Samba is okay. :cry:

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Post by Gouldy » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:28 pm

Defence and Brad were awesome today, but we looked toothless in attack. In the first 15/20 we looked good and were the dominant side, but then we just started to sit back and let them come at us.

Happy about not gettin beat, but just felt we could have gone at them a bit more. IF we'd have kept possession better and passed it around more, rather then hoofing it forward and not using Bentley or Pedersen, we could have got more from the game.