Millwall v Rovers, Tuesday 23th April, KO 19:45

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
Post Reply
Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 6707
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:34 am

Millwall v Rovers, Tuesday 23th April, KO 19:45

Post by Rover the Moon » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:03 pm

Can Rovers end Millwall's rotten run?

User avatar
Rover Ryan
Ageing international
Posts: 4779
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Bolton, England
Contact:

Re: Millwall v Rovers Part 4

Post by Rover Ryan » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:06 pm

Rover the Moon wrote:Can Rovers end Millwall's rotten run?
Yes definitely. We are sure to go down too.

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 6707
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:34 am

Re: Millwall v Rovers Part 4

Post by Rover the Moon » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:15 pm

Rover Ryan wrote:
Rover the Moon wrote:Can Rovers end Millwall's rotten run?
Yes definitely. We are sure to go down too.
Nah. Defeat to Palace will

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11073
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: Millwall v Rovers Part 4

Post by -BARON-23- » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:35 pm

We do love to make poor form teams look shit hot again :lol:

nottsrover
New signing
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Millwall v Rovers Part 4

Post by nottsrover » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:25 pm

if we beat millwall we will stay up, if we lose i reckon the curtain will come down on a totally misserable season with us also getting beaten at home to palace and sliding into leeague 1...venky's have destroyed this club and no amount of excuses, media based supportive statements or "in it for the long haul caring owners crap" will wash with the rovers fans, they must sell the club before it dissapears into the abyss of the blue square league and with it the next generation of fans who will just switch to united or city leaving a void that the club will never fill...i'm hopefully optimistic that we can get that vital win we need but a defeat against millwall will see my optimism turn to total despair...if there is a god then please let him (or her) be wearing blue and white on tuesday.

EssexRover89
Promising youngster
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Millwall v Rovers Part 4

Post by EssexRover89 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:58 pm

nottsrover its not god you need to be praying for to be wearing blue n white shirt, its for the players to actually turn up n play with workrate n pride in the shirt n take the game to Millwall. If we win this we will stay up.

User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 18296
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: Millwall v Rovers Part 4

Post by Gibbon » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:25 am

nottsrover wrote:if we beat millwall we will stay up, if we lose i reckon the curtain will come down on a totally misserable season with us also getting beaten at home to palace and sliding into leeague 1...venky's have destroyed this club and no amount of excuses, media based supportive statements or "in it for the long haul caring owners crap" will wash with the rovers fans, they must sell the club before it dissapears into the abyss of the blue square league and with it the next generation of fans who will just switch to united or city leaving a void that the club will never fill... i'm hopefully optimistic that we can get that vital win we need but a defeat against millwall will see my optimism turn to total despair...if there is a god then please let him (or her) be wearing blue and white on tuesday.
Maybe a bit late to prevent that? :lol:

:yeahright:

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11073
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: Millwall v Rovers Part 4

Post by -BARON-23- » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:10 pm

:lol:

nottsrover
New signing
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Millwall v Rovers Part 4

Post by nottsrover » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:05 pm

I do apologise for having an opinion, unlike most of you on here i haven't given up on the team just yet and still go to games home and away (again unlike most of you on here) if you dont like what people put just skip past it, there's no need to rip everybody's comments just because you dont agree..it's not a forum just for you few it's for any rovers fan, if any of you would like to rip me face to face i'd be happy to meet you at the palace game?

User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 18296
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: Millwall v Rovers Part 4

Post by Gibbon » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:27 pm

Er...okay. :hyper:

Although not the meeting face to face at the Palace game, that's just a little bit stupid.

nottsrover
New signing
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Millwall v Rovers Part 4

Post by nottsrover » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:49 pm

no it isn't stupid, you and some others seem very adapt at taking the piss "keyboard warrior style" on here so i'm offering you the chance to man up and do it face to face...this is not me playing the big man or itching for trouble this is me saying if i have issues with someone or feel the need to take the piss i'd prefer to do it in person and not hide behind a computer....the official messageboard became a no go area for anybody who wasn't in with the crowd and this site seems to be heading the same way, whats the point in having a forum for all when the minority run it and rip anybody who dares to have an opinion?...however if i've misunderstood your posts then i apologise.

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11073
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: Millwall v Rovers Part 4

Post by -BARON-23- » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:59 pm

It wasn't even taking the piss that bad. You said you have optimism and then went on to state a lot of pessimistic points and then mentioned if we went down your optimism would turn into despair. The joke was made that if that was optimism then god help what your pessimism is. I think you've been a bit touchy there

User avatar
Rover Ryan
Ageing international
Posts: 4779
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Bolton, England
Contact:

Re: Millwall v Rovers Part 4

Post by Rover Ryan » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:59 pm

Surly the point of an internet forum is to discuss the topic online. If we all met face to face to talk then forums wouldn't exist. :shrug:

The pubs would be busier at least. :D

If "keyboard warriors" piss you off then I'd say the internet is not the place for you to be!!

User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 18296
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: Millwall v Rovers Part 4

Post by Gibbon » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:36 pm

nottsrover wrote:no it isn't stupid, you and some others seem very adapt at taking the piss "keyboard warrior style" on here so i'm offering you the chance to man up and do it face to face...this is not me playing the big man or itching for trouble this is me saying if i have issues with someone or feel the need to take the piss i'd prefer to do it in person and not hide behind a computer....the official messageboard became a no go area for anybody who wasn't in with the crowd and this site seems to be heading the same way, whats the point in having a forum for all when the minority run it and rip anybody who dares to have an opinion?...however if i've misunderstood your posts then i apologise.
So hang on, you want me to drop the project I'm working on (project rate £200 per day), spend upwards of £100 travelling over to London to attend the match, and talk to you face to face because you'd rather do that than discuss whatever issues you have over a messageboard? Issues that seem to have sprung out of nowhere at that. :?

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11073
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: Millwall v Rovers Part 4

Post by -BARON-23- » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:22 pm

Maybe he wanted to meet you at the Palace game?

Post Reply