Season 2013/14

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
Simon
Ageing international

Re: Season 2013/14

Post by Simon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:01 pm

I think QPR will walk this league when Burnley drop off.

There's no reason we can't finish this season in a play off spot, but there's probably 16 teams who think the same.

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:24 pm

So most are supremely more confident than me.............that's unusual :lol:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:35 am

Yep, even the other habitual pessimists are bright and cheery compared to you - It highlights the difference actually watching the team you're commenting on makes... ;)

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:33 pm

Bollocks as it never gets thrown at those who dont go but think we are promotion contenders.

I have seen enough via live games and I sadly won't be wrong about promition

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:58 pm

Say what? As far as I'm aware, Simon and O1JW still attend games, and so I'm not going to claim their cautious suggestions of pushing for promotion are down to them not watching the team. :doh: Furthermore, they seem to be drawing similar conclusions to what I've made from the matches I've seen. You, on the other hand, regularly inform us of what you'll be doing instead of supporting Rovers, yet still give the impression that you believe the opinions you've formed from your camper van should carry some weight. I assume you're joking most of the time... :lol:

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:22 pm

Like I care how much weight you all give to my posts. :lol: :lol:

I was inferring more towards the acceptance of overly optimistic opinions from those who have probably only been to a handful of games since this board was founded. It seems only those who have the temerity to think the grass isn't as green get castigated........it's been that way for a while now. Even after making a light hearted joke people jump down your fucking throat :roll:

I have seen enough on TV to form the opinion that we will not be in the play-off shakeup come the end of the season. I hope I am, unusually, wrong on that score.

If opinions where confined to those who go (there are quite a few morons on BRFCS of the same backward opinion) Rovers forums would be a dull place. If it can get any duller (as of late)

As I said, bollocks (probably not a strong enough word for it)

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Rover the Moon wrote:It seems only those who have the temerity to think the grass isn't as green get castigated........it's been that way for a while now.
That's bollocks and you know it, there are as many people who chastise those who are positive as there are those who complain about the likes of your negativity.

onlyonejackwalker
Regular international

Post by onlyonejackwalker » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:00 pm

Rover the Moon wrote:Like I care how much weight you all give to my posts. :lol: :lol:

I was inferring more towards the acceptance of overly optimistic opinions from those who have probably only been to a handful of games since this board was founded. It seems only those who have the temerity to think the grass isn't as green get castigated........it's been that way for a while now. Even after making a light hearted joke people jump down your fucking throat :roll:

I have seen enough on TV to form the opinion that we will not be in the play-off shakeup come the end of the season. I hope I am, unusually, wrong on that score.

If opinions where confined to those who go (there are quite a few morons on BRFCS of the same backward opinion) Rovers forums would be a dull place. If it can get any duller (as of late)

You may well be right about missing out on the play-offs Moon. We are hardly storming along at the moment and yours is currently the safest bet. Equally we have a new team with many new players who are still settling in at the club and injuries to key players also holding us back. I am of the opinion we can only get better as long as we retain belief and spirit.

It is a long hard season for all and our larger squad will hopefully prove more productive after Xmas. The return of Rochina and Dunn will also help as will additional options up-front with DJ returning. Add any new signings into the mix come January and we might be in a lot better shape in 10/12 weeks or so. As long as Rhodes doesn't get sold of course!

A lot of ifs and maybes in all that granted. Although sensible to expect the worse and hope for the best with the Venky's involved, I struggle to understand the logic in not trying for promotion this time round and remain hopeful they feel the same.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:29 pm

Rover the Moon wrote:Like I care how much weight you all give to my posts. :lol: :lol:

Ah, you see I thought when you said "most are more confident " than you, you were referring to the responses you got to your question. I apologise for not realising you were making a random comment and it was purely coincidence that it appeared relevant to the posts above it... :roll: :D No doubt it won't stop you telling everyone you were right and we were all wrong should we not got promotion, even though no one has predicted that we will definitely go up. ;)

I've no idea why you think it's backward to believe that people who witness something have a better idea of what happened than those who didn't. And I've no idea why you think those who don't witness it but go along with the consensus of those who do deserve the same response as those who don't see it and make up their own baseless conclusions. Informed opinions are better than uninformed ones.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:44 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
Rover the Moon wrote:It seems only those who have the temerity to think the grass isn't as green get castigated........it's been that way for a while now.
That's bollocks and you know it, there are as many people who chastise those who are positive as there are those who complain about the likes of your negativity.
Doesn't fit in with the fake victim complex to admit it though... ;)

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:23 am

its getting a little dull skipping the three posts after every one of moons, since I already know he doesn't go to games, there is nothing new there

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:42 am

He doesn't go to games? :o

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:45 am

:D

Rover Ryan
Ageing international

Post by Rover Ryan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:42 am

Club statement.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/cl ... 45838.aspx

So what comes next? Fine? Points deduction?

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:54 am

would be very surprised if its anything more than a slap on the wrist.