Yawn - we apparently don't have enough fans

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
theadore
Inexperienced manager

Yawn - we apparently don't have enough fans

Post by theadore » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:01 pm

BBC live comentary said about five things about us beating watford including
Blackburn close out a comfortable victory - in front of a bumper 16,035 crowd
2044: Just a quick word as half-time approaches about the crowd - or distinct lack thereof - at Ewood Park. Wednesday night down the local supermarket must be a nightmare I reckon.
where is the yawning smiley face? :bored: :bored: :bored:

ladyRoverbabe
New signing

Post by ladyRoverbabe » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:59 am

I didn´t hear anything about the crowd or lack off. Guess it was because I was listening on a friendly feed...

Brøndby was playing last night as well, and the commentators and camera people was having a field day with the support Viborg brought to the game. 6 people were sat at the away end. Now we have never been that poor ;)

Seems like the commentators don´t take into consideration that it was Wednesday evening and I also think that a lot of people had spend this weeks funds on going to OT on Sunday.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:15 am

It's got way beyond boring now. Although there were fewer home fans than you would see at a Saturday 3pm ko, the crowd was so low because Watford only took the 35 out of a 16,035 crowd. Obviously they've all given up already. I think some of the European teams had a larger following...
:roll:

Anyway, it was good to win again, Bentley, Roberts and Dunn were excellent, (as were Nelsen and Samba, I just take that for granted now). Should have really won by more.

iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro

Re:

Post by iamarover » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:53 am

ladyRoverbabe wrote:6 people were sat at the away end. Now we have never been that poor ;)
When i went to Swansea for our pre-season game a couple of years ago there were only about 20 of us :D

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:04 am

That many? You sad lot... ;)

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:22 am

The hosts' early pressure paid off, though, when the influential David Bentley's corner from the left was powered home by Samba, although the 6ft 5in striker did appear to push his marker as he jumped.
:roll:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:29 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 555233.stm
Watford boss Aidy Boothroyd:
\"We're still in there but the games are running out but we will fight to the bitter end.

\"We did well to get back into the game at 1-1 but after doing the hard work we switched off and were punished.

\"It's disappointing as we defended badly and gave away some daft goals.\"
Is it any wonder they're bottom of the league? :whistle:

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:29 am

What fucking marker? :wanker:

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Re:

Post by Dan » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:33 am

Rover the Top wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 555233.stm
Watford boss Aidy Boothroyd:
"We're still in there but the games are running out but we will fight to the bitter end.

"We did well to get back into the game at 1-1 but after doing the hard work we switched off and were punished.

"It's disappointing as we defended badly and gave away some daft goals."
Is it any wonder they're bottom of the league? :whistle:
Boothroyd's not positive enough. Ok, they may be crap and struggling, but he's not giving his players much motivation. Here's another of his gems:

"There have been cup shocks before but this would be up there with man landing on the moon."
Watford manager Aidy Boothroyd ahead of their FA Cup semi-final with Man Utd.
Yeah, fair enough, but don't say it. It can't be helping the confidence of anyone at the club. Pack the midfield, get behind the ball, kick em a bit, don't do anything stupid, and you can at least get a draw if you're lucky.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Re:

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:33 am

Rover the Moon wrote:What fucking marker? :wanker:
I wondered that.

Watching the highlights last night, the Sky commentator tried to make out that Foster had been blocked off, and then saw the replay which showed he'd just misjudged it. :doh:

Also, Gary Birtles tried to argue that Roberts getting elbowed in the face was a freekick to Watford, because Roberts ran across towards the defender... :scratch: does that mean Van Persie should have been sent off in the semi two years ago? :-D

DunnFC
Regular international

Post by DunnFC » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:55 pm

we are always victamised be every one particulary southern media puffs. im not arsed about the crowd attendences its expensive too go every week and travelling is a bummer if you cant drive. im 15 and i go 1/2 a month i love the rovers but i cant drive, i work and sometimes im skint so its annoying when people go on about attendences at me because i do my best to get down there, im not a glory supporter unlike the rest of my school who are all liverpool and utd fans and have never been to watch a game.