2015-16 Season Rovers

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Franco_ice
Valued squad member

Re: 2015-16 Season Rovers

Post by Franco_ice » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:02 pm

With Jordan Rhodes on record he would like to speak to Boro's tells the challenge GB will have to face.
For me it is more than just assembling the team to play in a style.
He needs to break the mental barrier of Yes We can, Obama training is what GB requires now. :D

For me last season GB got it wrong, forget injuries he could not break the barrier of Yes we can with the supporters and players.
He needs to asses himself and the season ahead such a mind boggling think, some times football is more than what is played on the field.
Half the battle is over mentally before we even kick the ball.
I hope the start of the season GB can get more wins under his belt which will transform the supporters.

But for that I was hoping we had Yes we can attitude inside the camp. But for some reasons if you have one of your star performer doubting
it is a big hill to climb.
Best of luck GB.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:41 pm

So KPMG seem to have resigned as our auditors because 'the audit of your financial statements seem to fall outside the definition of a major audit and therefore your notification should be made to the ICAEW'.

Any clarification RTT?

Actually forget that, I just re read it and ICAEW is just the governing body who Venky's have to inform about KPMG's resignation. Nothing to do with the reason why they resigned at all, which will probably remain a mystery unless the club implodes in the near future.

Franco_ice
Valued squad member

Post by Franco_ice » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:09 pm

If anyone is following the friendly, would like to know more about the type of players we are looking to get on board.
Is it forward moving attacking instincts players or the defensive mindset people.

Any thoughts on What type of style GB is thinking this time around ?

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:36 pm

Petshi seemed to be a combative midfielder - Sarpong, Sema and Furman were all more attacking - as are Koita and Kim.

Delfounso is a striker.

I think we're looking for replacements for Best and King, although if we truly want a like for like for Best then I think we'll struggle to find a player as ineffective and expensive. :D

Franco_ice
Valued squad member

Post by Franco_ice » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:01 pm

Kim? Never read of him in any friendly reports. Is he from Korea?

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:40 pm

Kim Bo-Kyung. We're reported to have offered him a contract pending a work permit.

Simon
Ageing international

Post by Simon » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:59 pm

Gibbon wrote:So KPMG seem to have resigned as our auditors because 'the audit of your financial statements seem to fall outside the definition of a major audit and therefore your notification should be made to the ICAEW'.

Any clarification RTT?

Actually forget that, I just re read it and ICAEW is just the governing body who Venky's have to inform about KPMG's resignation. Nothing to do with the reason why they resigned at all, which will probably remain a mystery unless the club implodes in the near future.
The term 'resignation' here may simply mean the club has sought to replace them, which could be for a variety of reasons.

It's unusual in the sense that its happened very soon after the year end, presumably when KPMG will have already started work on the June 2015 audit. Usually a change of auditor would happen after a set of accounts had been filed, but before work commenced on the following year.

Simon
Ageing international

Post by Simon » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:02 pm

Gibbon wrote:Kim Bo-Kyung. We're reported to have offered him a contract pending a work permit.
Been told today by someone that a deal has been signed (subject to work permit).

He was supposedly spotted on Saturday morning training at Brockhall with Jordan "as long as I'm welcome you're stuck with me" Rhodes.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:25 am

Was it Gibbon two posts ago?
Gibbon wrote:We're reported to have offered him a contract pending a work permit.

Simon
Ageing international

Post by Simon » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:19 am

Ethiaa wrote:Was it Gibbon two posts ago?
Gibbon wrote:We're reported to have offered him a contract pending a work permit.
Yes

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:37 am

Good.

In other news, someone mentioned that he might have got a contract with us subject to a work permit.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:48 am

Gibbon wrote:So KPMG seem to have resigned as our auditors because 'the audit of your financial statements seem to fall outside the definition of a major audit and therefore your notification should be made to the ICAEW'.

Any clarification RTT?

http://www.icaew.com/en/technical/audit ... s-issue-54

The club changed from a PLC to a private limited company during the last year to reduce the costs and requirements of producing the accounts. I'm not familiar with the regulations, but I expect this is part of that process, given that we've just passed the first year end since that change. Your quote clearly states it's because the club doesn't need a "major audit" anymore.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:34 pm

Rover the Top wrote:

Any clarification RTT?

http://www.icaew.com/en/technical/audit ... s-issue-54

The club changed from a PLC to a private limited company during the last year to reduce the costs and requirements of producing the accounts. I'm not familiar with the regulations, but I expect this is part of that process, given that we've just passed the first year end since that change. Your quote clearly states it's because the club doesn't need a "major audit" anymore.
Yeah, but that's because I wrongly put a 'because' in the sentence. The quote is actually the reason they have to report the resignation to the ICAEW, not the reason for the resignation itself.