Blackburn v Bolton Friday 28th Aug 2015, K.O. 19:45

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

What is your feeling of the managerial change cycle.

It would be difficult for Simon Smith to Help GB clear his desk.
No votes
Venkys now do understand, the football voice of minority should be heard before turning to majority.
22%
They are being guided by Novice People and should be at Matches often.
No votes
Jürgen Norbert Klopp got excited by project of Venkys Takeover of BRFC by Sun and they jumped the Gun.
44%
Sun believe they are enlightened and decide to enlighten Rovers through tweets. After all it is subjective to the giver and receiver.
33%

Total votes: 9

SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro

Re: Blackburn v Bolton Friday 28th Aug 2015, K.O. 19:45

Post by SheepShagginRover » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Id rather play Williamson in centre mid. For all his mistakes, his destructive tendencies are excellent. A proper hacker. Better than passenger Evans .

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:48 pm

Akpan and Guthrie in the middle for me! I think it's a position we've actually made better under the transfer circumstances

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:58 am

SheepShagginRover wrote:I'm with Baron, Marshall was the most anonymous I've seen him in a Rovers shirt. Lowe was poor - yet to find his pre injury form. Evans was okay, no more than that. Conway was better than Marshall. But not being properly marked isn't tantamount to an excellent game Blackbat. Centre mid lacked bite and vision.

We were far too direct and supply to Rhodes was poor. Delfouneso and Koita were impressive.
How many cracking crosses did Conway get in? Not sure what you guys expect.... :shrug:

Cjnewton82
Promising youngster

Post by Cjnewton82 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:00 am

Darth Rover wrote:I maintain we have nothing to concern ourselves with relegation. We have under performed with our home form but its been hardly anything to worry about. Ironically our last away game at Brighton brought the best performance so far this season and Brighton didnt deserve to win. It doesn't concern me that we have to go to Fulham and QPR in the next games. Its only a question of time before Rhodes opens his account too. Clubs at the bottom of the league are always under pressure even this early in the season when playing at home and sometimes the best thing is to have a couple of away games. The expectancy of the home crowd is on the opposition when playing away and certainly in the case of Fulham that will be in our favour.
You must be from a different football planet to me. One where there are pink clouds, it rains lemonade and there are fairies living down by the stream!! :-)

How anyone can say rovers where good at Brighton last week in Beyond me. Other than the first 20 minutes we were absolutely shocking. And if we play like we did in the second half at Brighton there is no doubt in my mind we will be in the relegation dogfight

And as for your comment about Raya save where he parried to the penalty spot that is simply pub team goalkeeping one of the things you're taught as a goalkeeper and I'm a goalkeeper not one of any great standing but when you Parry the ball you have to Parry the ball out of danger and at times you need to add the place on the ball to get it out of danger what raya is was terrible.

The only thing I do agree with you on is that we could do with getting away from Ewood parkfor a few games it's a pressure cooker at Ewood at the moment

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:51 am

Cjnewton82 wrote:And as for your comment about Raya save where he parried to the penalty spot that is simply pub team goalkeeping one of the things you're taught as a goalkeeper and I'm a goalkeeper not one of any great standing but when you Parry the ball you have to Parry the ball out of danger and at times you need to add the place on the ball to get it out of danger what raya is was terrible.
So what you're saying is he shouldn't have tried to get a solid hand to it and should have let it through into the net? :yeahright:

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:21 am

Cjnewton82 wrote:
Darth Rover wrote:I maintain we have nothing to concern ourselves with relegation. We have under performed with our home form but its been hardly anything to worry about. Ironically our last away game at Brighton brought the best performance so far this season and Brighton didnt deserve to win. It doesn't concern me that we have to go to Fulham and QPR in the next games. Its only a question of time before Rhodes opens his account too. Clubs at the bottom of the league are always under pressure even this early in the season when playing at home and sometimes the best thing is to have a couple of away games. The expectancy of the home crowd is on the opposition when playing away and certainly in the case of Fulham that will be in our favour.
You must be from a different football planet to me. One where there are pink clouds, it rains lemonade and there are fairies living down by the stream!! :-)

How anyone can say rovers where good at Brighton last week in Beyond me. Other than the first 20 minutes we were absolutely shocking. And if we play like we did in the second half at Brighton there is no doubt in my mind we will be in the relegation dogfight

And as for your comment about Raya save where he parried to the penalty spot that is simply pub team goalkeeping one of the things you're taught as a goalkeeper and I'm a goalkeeper not one of any great standing but when you Parry the ball you have to Parry the ball out of danger and at times you need to add the place on the ball to get it out of danger what raya is was terrible.

The only thing I do agree with you on is that we could do with getting away from Ewood parkfor a few games it's a pressure cooker at Ewood at the moment
Where in any of my previous posts have i mentioned Raya? It makes me laugh that after only five games people are writing off our season. You are right about one thing though. I am from a different planet from you. One where we give people a chance before putting them down. Rovers are a new team quickly put together with little funding. However we will get through these issues and will get though them far more quickly without negative people.

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:50 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
SheepShagginRover wrote:I'm with Baron, Marshall was the most anonymous I've seen him in a Rovers shirt. Lowe was poor - yet to find his pre injury form. Evans was okay, no more than that. Conway was better than Marshall. But not being properly marked isn't tantamount to an excellent game Blackbat. Centre mid lacked bite and vision.

We were far too direct and supply to Rhodes was poor. Delfouneso and Koita were impressive.
How many cracking crosses did Conway get in? Not sure what you guys expect.... :shrug:
I thought Conway did do well, it's Marshall that failed to impress out wide. Spurr's long throw is awful though!

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:17 pm

Spurr's long throw is great; it's just that long throws as a tactic are generally ineffective, ours particularly so.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:42 pm

Darth Rover wrote:I maintain we have nothing to concern ourselves with relegation. We have under performed with our home form but its been hardly anything to worry about. Ironically our last away game at Brighton brought the best performance so far this season and Brighton didnt deserve to win. It doesn't concern me that we have to go to Fulham and QPR in the next games.
Darth, you're probably right, & the roadies have been our friend moreso than the comfy confines of Ewood, but I still have to wonder when how & where we pick up three pts. Offensively, this is a mess.

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:06 pm

mrblackbat wrote:Spurr's long throw is great; it's just that long throws as a tactic are generally ineffective, ours particularly so.
Well yes that's what i meant :lol:

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:24 pm

WacoRover wrote:
Darth Rover wrote:I maintain we have nothing to concern ourselves with relegation. We have under performed with our home form but its been hardly anything to worry about. Ironically our last away game at Brighton brought the best performance so far this season and Brighton didnt deserve to win. It doesn't concern me that we have to go to Fulham and QPR in the next games.
Darth, you're probably right, & the roadies have been our friend moreso than the comfy confines of Ewood, but I still have to wonder when how & where we pick up three pts. Offensively, this is a mess.
Remember season 1996/97? We failed to win any of our opening ten games in the premier league. Ray Harford resigned and it was left to Tony Parkes to take over the rest of the season and avoid relegation. We are no where near that same situation yet some are pressing the panic button.

Cjnewton82
Promising youngster

Post by Cjnewton82 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:39 pm

Gibbon wrote:
Cjnewton82 wrote:And as for your comment about Raya save where he parried to the penalty spot that is simply pub team goalkeeping one of the things you're taught as a goalkeeper and I'm a goalkeeper not one of any great standing but when you Parry the ball you have to Parry the ball out of danger and at times you need to add the place on the ball to get it out of danger what raya is was terrible.
So what you're saying is he shouldn't have tried to get a solid hand to it and should have let it through into the net? :yeahright:

Nope that's what I'm not what I'm saying at all. what I'm saying is that if you get a hand to a ball that is going across the face you goal u either change the angle of the ball and push it out towards the wider areas or get substantial contact on it leaves the penalty area as a minimum. what he did was a flap like a bird and push it to the penalty spot exactly where a following in striker is going to be nine times out of 10 shocking

Cjnewton82
Promising youngster

Post by Cjnewton82 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:42 pm

Darth Rover wrote:
Cjnewton82 wrote:

Where in any of my previous posts have i mentioned Raya? It makes me laugh that after only five games people are writing off our season. You are right about one thing though. I am from a different planet from you. One where we give people a chance before putting them down. Rovers are a new team quickly put together with little funding. However we will get through these issues and will get though them far more quickly without negative people.
At no point did I write off our season merely suggested that the standard that we currently been playing at is not good enough.

I also questioned your belief that we played well at Brighton I was there we absolutely didn't other than the first 20 minutes.

without improvement To the current standard we are playing at we will be involved in a dogfight. however I do believe we will improve and I do believe there are some good signs in the team.I do we think we will be top of the bottom half or there about.

Simon
Ageing international

Post by Simon » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:46 am

It felt like the same old story again on Friday night. The team seem to start games attempting a more intricate passing style and create nothing. We then gradually abandon that tactic in favour of being more direct, at which point we start creating half chances (and generally not much more).

Without Rudy as a target man we are much less effective playing directly, and indeed Duffy has been coming forward as a makeshift attacker, and I would speculate Spurr has been brought into the team to utilise his long throw, rather than being an all round better player than Olsson. Our playing style under Bowyer, along with our central midfield pairings, is too primitive and too predictable and we are no longer having any joy when we launch it forward.

Our squad is certainly weaker than last season but it should be good enough to compete in the top half of this league - our wage bill is still high for this level, even with the deadwood gone - but I worry the managers tactics are being found out now Rudy isn't here. I'm not one for advocating managerial sackings before we're even out of August, but I don't believe we will be anywhere near the playoffs and potentially the sooner a change is made, the less chance there is of the season being a writeoff. :shrug:

The biggest concern is the teams we've picked up points against have been poor - we've played 2 teams occupying the relegation places and played Cardiff who looked weak that night. The upcoming fixtures look tougher and we could find ourselves in serious trouble by the end of October. Time will tell.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:47 am

Darth Rover wrote:
WacoRover wrote:
Darth Rover wrote: Remember season 1996/97? We failed to win any of our opening ten games in the premier league. Ray Harford resigned and it was left to Tony Parkes to take over the rest of the season and avoid relegation. We are no where near that same situation yet some are pressing the panic button.
Actually, no, I am a newcomer to Rovers fandom. I knew they had a relatively fast trip down to the 2nd Division after winning The Big Enchilada, but I didn't know the next season started that rough.
Good history though.