Fulham v Blackburn Sunday 13th Sept. 2015,K.O 12

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

A glimpse of

Arable farmers in our squad.
43%
GB. Being Igor Tudor.
29%
Craven cottage cheese burst for our fans.
21%
TC. Modelling instead of playing.
7%

Total votes: 14

Simon
Ageing international

Re: Fulham v Blackburn Sunday 13th Sept. 2015,K.O 12

Post by Simon » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:06 pm

I saw the 1st half and was only able to see the 2nd half in parts so may have a slightly limited perspective.

We started the game looking defensively disorganised, being very lethargic on the ball and with the midfield not tracking Fulham's runners. This led to us conceding two very poor goals and honestly Fulham should have scored more. We still created half chances and Fulham looked shaky when they were tested at the back.

We should have won the game in the 2nd half with the chances created but just lacked the cutting edge to do so. The disallowed goal is one of those things that supposedly even themselves out over the season but in reality then never do. The penalty we won looked soft, however, and many referees wouldn't give it.

The game is similar to the Brighton match where we created several chances, but still lost the game. It's quite easy to look dangerous going forward when you're behind and the opposition is sitting off. Even with Fulham looking shaky at the back, we were unable to put away clear chances. There is only so long you can go on blaming back luck.

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:34 pm

RoverCanada wrote:The whole backline had me nervous the whole game (and with good reason!). Duffy and Hanley (who was absolutely terrible, which is a shame after having a solid start to the year) can handle crosses all day, but as soon as the ball's on the ground they're clueless. Really not sure what Spurr offers other than long throws. Choosing him over Olsson has been a real head scratcher for me. Henley's had a nervy start to the year after finishing last year strongly. Kept losing his man on the wing...

Guthrie shows a lot of effort, but can't stay on his feet and seems to be lacking form with the ball. It's a shame we had Guthrie trying to get forward but failing, while Evans, who is quite tidy and effective passing forward when he wants to, never really trying until the 2nd half (I thought he was a major part of our 2nd half turnaround. We need him to get his shit together over 90 minutes...)

Delfouneso puts in an effort, but he simply lacks the polish to make anything of it. Koita looked much better in the 2nd half, though he doesn't seem 100% fit... Service to Rhodes was largely poor, but he did miss a couple chances, which he simply needs to bury...

Agh, was ready to call for Bowyer's head after the 1st half, but the 2nd half was so damn frustratingly promising. Ugh. We truly don't deserve our current record, but if this keeps up...
Massively agree with this.

yankfan
Promising youngster

Post by yankfan » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:32 am

Happy(ish)Rover wrote:We are a joke, it's as simple as this - the insistence of Venkys to put an unknown quantity in the top job, not once, not twice, not 3 times... I've actually lost count, it's a piss taking joke. I guess I live in a fairy tale because I hold Venkys solely responsible for the pathetic wasted years and parachute payments. Some of you like to say " Bowyer has done well given the restraints" my answer to that is why the fuck did we end up with the restraints in the first place.

Most here will not allow Venkys to be held accountable for the systematic destruction they put in place when those of us with eyes and a smidging of football knowledge saw within 6 or 7 games of our relegation season a PROVEN MANAGER was, is and always will be what is needed. I'm really angry, I wish I could be content with congratulating Bowyer on doing a job he never should have been given, or needed to do.

Venkys Out, bring on league 1 or 2 and lets have our team back. I'll take away days at Stanley over this farce we are stuck with.

Who else is to blame? I made similar comments a week back and got jumped on. The current situation us 100% attributed to Venkys and the thought of them on the manager market again scares me. I feel they were lucky to fall into GB and as poor as his tactics can be, he's probably the best we get under this regime.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:19 am

yankfan wrote:
Happy(ish)Rover wrote:We are a joke, it's as simple as this - the insistence of Venkys to put an unknown quantity in the top job, not once, not twice, not 3 times... I've actually lost count, it's a piss taking joke. I guess I live in a fairy tale because I hold Venkys solely responsible for the pathetic wasted years and parachute payments. Some of you like to say " Bowyer has done well given the restraints" my answer to that is why the fuck did we end up with the restraints in the first place.

Most here will not allow Venkys to be held accountable for the systematic destruction they put in place when those of us with eyes and a smidging of football knowledge saw within 6 or 7 games of our relegation season a PROVEN MANAGER was, is and always will be what is needed. I'm really angry, I wish I could be content with congratulating Bowyer on doing a job he never should have been given, or needed to do.

Venkys Out, bring on league 1 or 2 and lets have our team back. I'll take away days at Stanley over this farce we are stuck with.

Who else is to blame? I made similar comments a week back and got jumped on. The current situation us 100% attributed to Venkys and the thought of them on the manager market again scares me. I feel they were lucky to fall into GB and as poor as his tactics can be, he's probably the best we get under this regime.
Guys what is done is done. No one can change what happened in the past. Yes Venkys shoulder a lot of the blame for Rovers fall from a mid table premiership team to where we are now. So what do we do now. Start holding protests and vile chanting again on match days. If they do sell up who is going to come in and invest in the club.Footballing Messiahs only come around once a century in these parts. We have made a bad start to the season but in none of our games have we been beaten by more than one goal. In two of those games we've been harshly done by firstly against Wolves and then Fulham. There is a saying if its not broke don't fix it. We are no where near broken and just need a little more time for this new team to gel. All that is going to happen this season is stay in this league and get the finances in better shape. Anyone wanting more than that can go and support Man City.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:41 am

Shame really. They made such a great start firing BFS, but then failed to appoint a decent replacement. ;)

Franco_ice
Valued squad member

Post by Franco_ice » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:50 am

First half play: Boys we needed to warm up, right take time and try to pass, pass it accurately.
Don't worry at what position you are playing just pass the ball.
If the opposition attacks try to not think of it. Concentrate on your passing.
Second Half play: Boys show some fire we are playing to remain in the league. The warm up is over, now it is time for the game.

I guess GB instructions cannot be that but the way team played in first half spoke volumes of there attitude compared to second.
The style of play in the first half was very shabby as if the team was just put in place.
I find it very strange the team is taking so much time to play as a unit.

Hope GB can find something or get help by changing/bringing someone in his coaching staff.

dwayne cage
Inexperienced manager

Post by dwayne cage » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:01 pm

Like it or lump it if things don't change Bob's will echo around Ewood Park, Venky's Out banners will return in force and Gary Bowyer will come under immense pressure.

yankfan
Promising youngster

Post by yankfan » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:19 pm

[/quote]
Guys what is done is done. No one can change what happened in the past. Yes Venkys shoulder a lot of the blame for Rovers fall from a mid table premiership team to where we are now. So what do we do now. Start holding protests and vile chanting again on match days. If they do sell up who is going to come in and invest in the club.Footballing Messiahs only come around once a century in these parts. We have made a bad start to the season but in none of our games have we been beaten by more than one goal. In two of those games we've been harshly done by firstly against Wolves and then Fulham. There is a saying if its not broke don't fix it. We are no where near broken and just need a little more time for this new team to gel. All that is going to happen this season is stay in this league and get the finances in better shape. Anyone wanting more than that can go and support Man City.[/quote]

I agree completely, but I don't have to be happy about what has occurred. I support GB and the club but those bad decisions are still plaguing us. GB has put together a decent squad which has potential and kept us from falling further when things looked to be at their darkest. What concerns me is that if we do not start getting some results, GB will be sacked and I am pissing in my boots thinking about who Venkys would bring in next. Remember they didn't exactly choose GB, he fell in their lap. Their choices so far do no inspire much confidence in their abilities to select a new manager or find a quality manager willing to take on a squad under embargo with out recent managerial decisions (GB excluded).

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:39 pm

yankfan wrote:
Guys what is done is done. No one can change what happened in the past. Yes Venkys shoulder a lot of the blame for Rovers fall from a mid table premiership team to where we are now. So what do we do now. Start holding protests and vile chanting again on match days. If they do sell up who is going to come in and invest in the club.Footballing Messiahs only come around once a century in these parts. We have made a bad start to the season but in none of our games have we been beaten by more than one goal. In two of those games we've been harshly done by firstly against Wolves and then Fulham. There is a saying if its not broke don't fix it. We are no where near broken and just need a little more time for this new team to gel. All that is going to happen this season is stay in this league and get the finances in better shape. Anyone wanting more than that can go and support Man City.[/quote]

I agree completely, but I don't have to be happy about what has occurred. I support GB and the club but those bad decisions are still plaguing us. GB has put together a decent squad which has potential and kept us from falling further when things looked to be at their darkest. What concerns me is that if we do not start getting some results, GB will be sacked and I am pissing in my boots thinking about who Venkys would bring in next. Remember they didn't exactly choose GB, he fell in their lap. Their choices so far do no inspire much confidence in their abilities to select a new manager or find a quality manager willing to take on a squad under embargo with out recent managerial decisions (GB excluded).[/quote]

If could try and soften your unhappiness about Rovers perhaps i can make some comparisons. Even in the good old days we cocked up. Like Gary Bowyer we were once thankful we had Tony Parkes around to pull us out the mire. Like Bowyer some chose to highlight his lack of credentials but he just quietly got on with the job. Now i agree with you that the current lack of a win goes much longer GB's job may become at risk and Venkys and Derek Shaw will have to use their vast knowledge of football to bring in another Michael Appleton. I think it is because of this reason i dont think GB will be going anywhere soon. Venkys know he stopped the free fall into league two and parting with him will just make things worse. If i am wrong and they do decide on a change then god help us. I just don't believe they are dumb enough to change the manager until it is absolutely necessary. They have learned that lesson. I would admit that i was hopefully optimist when they sacked Sam Allardyce but was dumbfounded when they didnt have a better option lined up. So perhaps all of us who thought the same can except some of the blame too. The necessary i spoke of will probably come when we are over a quarter of the way into the season and we are firmly lodged in the bottom three. If that happens then we would have to consider a change but it would be very unfair on GB due to lack of funding. I am still confident will be out of the bottom three by the time November comes around. The players are good enough. The fans are behind the team and as long as this remains we will come good.

Hudson
Regular international

Post by Hudson » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:24 am

Match highlights (If you can call them highlights :roll: )

Happy(ish)Rover
Promising youngster

Post by Happy(ish)Rover » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:29 pm

Darth Rover wrote:
yankfan wrote:

Guys what is done is done. No one can change what happened in the past. Yes Venkys shoulder a lot of the blame for Rovers fall from a mid table premiership team to where we are now. So what do we do now. Start holding protests and vile chanting again on match days. If they do sell up who is going to come in and invest in the club.Footballing Messiahs only come around once a century in these parts. We have made a bad start to the season but in none of our games have we been beaten by more than one goal. In two of those games we've been harshly done by firstly against Wolves and then Fulham. There is a saying if its not broke don't fix it. We are no where near broken and just need a little more time for this new team to gel. All that is going to happen this season is stay in this league and get the finances in better shape. Anyone wanting more than that can go and support Man City.

brutal - hahaha :lol: