Fulham v Blackburn Sunday 13th Sept. 2015,K.O 12

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

A glimpse of

Arable farmers in our squad.
43%
GB. Being Igor Tudor.
29%
Craven cottage cheese burst for our fans.
21%
TC. Modelling instead of playing.
7%

Total votes: 14

SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro

Re: Fulham v Blackburn Sunday 13th Sept. 2015,K.O 12

Post by SheepShagginRover » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:34 pm

2-0

God we're shite.

Tunnicliffe left for a free header. Four or five of ours standing in the box whilst Cairney and Dembele batter it at Steele until he can't save anymore.

dwayne cage
Inexperienced manager

Post by dwayne cage » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:39 pm

Utter dog shit. Can't honestly see where we are going to get a win in the next few games.

Simon
Ageing international

Post by Simon » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:41 pm

Disorganised at the back, players not tracking runners from midfield and very little impetus going forward. Deservedly 2-0 down.

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:42 pm

I have been sticking up for bowyer but enough is enough. Pull this back or get out. This is awful. If the back line doesn't sort it self out we are going down.

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:46 pm

Free header for Hanley !!!!!!

rovertilidie
Promising youngster

Post by rovertilidie » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:47 pm

Another chance for us. Need to nick one before half-time.

SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by SheepShagginRover » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:48 pm

thehatts wrote:I have been sticking up for bowyer but enough is enough. Pull this back or get out. This is awful. If the back line doesn't sort it self out we are going down.
It's the tactics more than anything. The inability to create chances is the most concerning aspect.

Think of the goals we've scored this season:

1) Ikeme's farcical own goal
2) Delfouneso's goal against Hudds
3) Hanley's last gasp "chuck everything at it" vs Cardiff

Three goals in five and a half games, only one of them coming out of proper play. Yes, Duffy and Hanley have been better at the back. A lot better. But the style of play is dogshit, we're not scoring, and I haven't seen us pull a defence apart once this season. Not once. Bowyer needs to change things quickly or start worrying about his P45.

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:54 pm

SheepShagginRover wrote:
thehatts wrote:I have been sticking up for bowyer but enough is enough. Pull this back or get out. This is awful. If the back line doesn't sort it self out we are going down.
It's the tactics more than anything. The inability to create chances is the most concerning aspect.

Think of the goals we've scored this season:

1) Ikeme's farcical own goal
2) Delfouneso's goal against Hudds
3) Hanley's last gasp "chuck everything at it" vs Cardiff

Three goals in five and a half games, only one of them coming out of proper play. Yes, Duffy and Hanley have been better at the back. A lot better. But the style of play is dogshit, we're not scoring, and I haven't seen us pull a defence apart once this season. Not once. Bowyer needs to change things quickly or start worrying about his P45.
I disagree. I think we create enough chances to win games. Unfortunately we have delfo who is average at best and an unfit Rhodes. The defence is weak as piss. Clean sheets only occur for us through luck. Don't trust them. Any movement from the forwards and we are in trouble. Balls punted in the box yep Hanley and Duffy can deal with those all day.

Cjnewton82
Promising youngster

Post by Cjnewton82 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:57 pm

I missed the first 20 minutes but I don't think we've been that bad you can't blame Gary for defenders not defending where the hell is Tommy spur when Tom Craney came in for free header? that Tommy Spurs awful positional play.

I'll ball retention is been okay we kept it sure we've moved it around nicely . Nathan Dalfonso never does enough of the ball for me though should never be in the team.

But for one outstanding saves and two very good saves this could be to each easily.

I put my head on the block now are you still genuinely believe we can get a point from this today

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:57 pm

The difference between the too teams is one that can spend money and one that cannot. You can hardly blame Bowyer for that although ultimately it is him who may pay for it with his job.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:59 pm

Hardly getting any good midfield play going on. Quarter of the passes are going short or being intercepted. A lot of ball watching when we're in the defensive third. We've got some chances to look at and Lonergan is just making the saves. 1st goal I feel is Henley's fault for going straight to the ball instead of trying to step into the passing lane, 2nd goal was the whole team as everyone was just ball watching instead of marking up.

I'm left clueless to be honest, I'm not sure what Blackburn can do as a club to turn things around. I'm still holding my breath on this squad gelling together but there's only so much air in the lungs before I start to scream. I'm not going to jump the bandwagon of hate and go after Bowyer's head but if we can't fix these defensive woes, then somethings got to change. We were starting to get some good possession near the end of the first half so I hope we can build off that and come out strong, get those couple of goals we need, and at least steal a point.

dwayne cage
Inexperienced manager

Post by dwayne cage » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:01 pm

Cjnewton82 wrote:I missed the first 20 minutes but I don't think we've been that bad you can't blame Gary for defenders not defending where the hell is Tommy spur when Tom Craney came in for free header? that Tommy Spurs awful positional play.

I'll ball retention is been okay we kept it sure we've moved it around nicely . Nathan Dalfonso never does enough of the ball for me though should never be in the team.

But for one outstanding saves and two very good saves this could be to each easily.

I put my head on the block now are you still genuinely believe we can get a point from this today
Surely Bowyers job is to make sure the defence is organised though? Like saying it's not Mourinho's fault how Chelsea have started.

SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by SheepShagginRover » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:03 pm

I'd say we need to give him a performance target.

7 points from the next 5 games, or sayonara.

We're lacking penetration.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:04 pm

It's up to the starting 11 to actually put a shift in and right now half of them look arsed to do that. We can't spend money, we can't get big name players, so we're stuck with getting rejects or loan projects in. That's the realism of the situation and we need to accept that, otherwise you live in fairy tale if you think we're a top 6 club or think a top half finish is realistic with our restrictions.

EssexRover89
Promising youngster

Post by EssexRover89 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:04 pm

Doubt Bowyer will do this but I make three changes.
Olsson for Spurr
Akpan for Evans
Koita for Delfounso

2nd half line
Steele
Henley Hanley Duffy Olsson
Marshall Akpan Guthrie Conway
Koita. Rhodes