Fulham v Blackburn Sunday 13th Sept. 2015,K.O 12

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

A glimpse of

Arable farmers in our squad.
43%
GB. Being Igor Tudor.
29%
Craven cottage cheese burst for our fans.
21%
TC. Modelling instead of playing.
7%

Total votes: 14

thehatts
Ageing international

Re: Fulham v Blackburn Sunday 13th Sept. 2015,K.O 12

Post by thehatts » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:54 pm

Hanley turned easily again !!!!

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:59 pm

Same old same old. Defensive mistakes and loads of missed chances for Rovers.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:00 pm

Got robbed of a point there. This is why technology needs to be implemented into the sport. Played really well the second half, actually looked like a competent side and to know that the clearance out of goal was a goal, makes it even more frustrating.

dwayne cage
Inexperienced manager

Post by dwayne cage » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:02 pm

Sorry to say fellas but that's the type of mixture of poor for part of the game unlucky for the rest that gets teams relegated. Hit the post twice, goal denied due to lack of technology, O'hara should have been sent off and overall even in the second half our defence was shite and strikers couldn't score.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:03 pm

Not optimistic of picking up any points the next few games. This is disappointing, but there's nothing to be done about it. Canning Bowyer isn't the answer now, unless the Big Cigars have a great football man already lined up.

Ain't happening.

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:10 pm

My only prob with bowyer is continuing to play two lumps in defence whose positional play and static feet create chances for the other teams. Need one of them out and a pacey defender to slot in with the other. Keep clean sheets and take the odd chance.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:14 pm

Naturally we're going to hear all about Bowyer out from everybody who lives in the fairy tale land. I don't even blame him for this match, he actually tried to make changes to salvage a point, got into the players heads and motivated them to come out into the second half, full cylinders pumping. We actually looked competent out there, getting 4 chances in the first 10 minutes. The service is there for the corners, it's just Duffy forgets how to head the ball down into the goal rather than shoot it straight up. But the fans don't care for reason, they only care about results and that's just the nature of irrational fans who don't bother to look at what happened during the match.

1st half we were garbage, 2nd half we shaped up a bit and started to look like a squad. I'm only angry that we didn't get that goal to equalize as we were really pumping the chances out. Just a matter of time before the results start turning (hopefully).

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:32 pm

We lost the game because of 2 defensive mistakes and not taking our chances. Those defensive mistakes are the norm for us. They have to stop then maybe we might actually take the lead in a game and get 3 points. GB has to sort out the defence to get a clean sheet. Maybe it's changing personnel for what we already have. Maybe it's loaning a new cb. If anyone says the level of defensive display is good enough you seriously know nothing about football. Dembele turning Hanley in the 2nd half it really shouldn't be that easy. Hanley positioning for the first goal shocking. 2nd goal free header at back post for tunnicliffe. Great save from Steele. First player to react McCormack. Another great save. Next player to react quickest Dembele. Goal!!!!!

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:56 pm

thehatts wrote:We lost the game because of 2 defensive mistakes and not taking our chances.
Surely we lost the game because we had a goal wrongfully disallowed. We didn't win the game because of 2 defensive mistakes and not taking our chances.

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:07 pm

Another game, another failed attempt to win and another piece of bull shit decisions going against us. Time running out for Bowyer especially when it takes us so long and at least a goal down to get going. Koita and Akpan PLEASE start the next game

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:10 pm

-BARON-23- wrote:Another game, another failed attempt to win and another piece of bull shit decisions going against us. Time running out for Bowyer especially when it takes us so long and at least a goal down to get going. Koita and Akpan PLEASE start the next game
But at least you got your wish and Steele started, eh? ;)

What happened to Raya? I thought he was doing okay.

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:20 pm

Yeah i must admit i was very happy to see Steele start after his bizarre exodus from the starting line up.

I just don't get why it takes us so god damn long to get going? We seem to end the games well but start every game rigid, only looking to get the ball outwide, squandering possession and looking out of ideas! There's no denying what an impact Koita has on every game but i just worry about his end product!

RoverCanada
New signing

Post by RoverCanada » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:26 pm

The whole backline had me nervous the whole game (and with good reason!). Duffy and Hanley (who was absolutely terrible, which is a shame after having a solid start to the year) can handle crosses all day, but as soon as the ball's on the ground they're clueless. Really not sure what Spurr offers other than long throws. Choosing him over Olsson has been a real head scratcher for me. Henley's had a nervy start to the year after finishing last year strongly. Kept losing his man on the wing...

Guthrie shows a lot of effort, but can't stay on his feet and seems to be lacking form with the ball. It's a shame we had Guthrie trying to get forward but failing, while Evans, who is quite tidy and effective passing forward when he wants to, never really trying until the 2nd half (I thought he was a major part of our 2nd half turnaround. We need him to get his shit together over 90 minutes...)

Delfouneso puts in an effort, but he simply lacks the polish to make anything of it. Koita looked much better in the 2nd half, though he doesn't seem 100% fit... Service to Rhodes was largely poor, but he did miss a couple chances, which he simply needs to bury...

Agh, was ready to call for Bowyer's head after the 1st half, but the 2nd half was so damn frustratingly promising. Ugh. We truly don't deserve our current record, but if this keeps up...

yankfan
Promising youngster

Post by yankfan » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:52 pm

The problem is were not putting away our chances. 7 goals conceded in 7 games is not a problem. 5 goals for in 7 is the problem. Last year Bournemouth was the only side to conceded less than one goal a game and they let in 45 in 46 league matches. On the other hand all three relegated teams scored less than one per game. There's a lot of complaints about the back line, but our inability to finish is holding us back. Kiota looks to be class and create problems for the opposition. For my money he's got to be in there from the first whistle.

For those of you saying GB needs to go, I ask you who would we bring in? And when I ask that, I mean who would actually take a position of a team under embargo with owners that have a history and reputation of making poor managerial decisions. Big Sam is not coming back. Do you think whoever we bring in would actually be an improvement? What gives you confidence that Venkys would be able to sign on a quality replacement? I think it's more likely we end up with the show of shit we had before GB stabilized this club.

Happy(ish)Rover
Promising youngster

Post by Happy(ish)Rover » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:10 pm

We are a joke, it's as simple as this - the insistence of Venkys to put an unknown quantity in the top job, not once, not twice, not 3 times... I've actually lost count, it's a piss taking joke. I guess I live in a fairy tale because I hold Venkys solely responsible for the pathetic wasted years and parachute payments. Some of you like to say " Bowyer has done well given the restraints" my answer to that is why the fuck did we end up with the restraints in the first place.

Most here will not allow Venkys to be held accountable for the systematic destruction they put in place when those of us with eyes and a smidging of football knowledge saw within 6 or 7 games of our relegation season a PROVEN MANAGER was, is and always will be what is needed. I'm really angry, I wish I could be content with congratulating Bowyer on doing a job he never should have been given, or needed to do.

Venkys Out, bring on league 1 or 2 and lets have our team back. I'll take away days at Stanley over this farce we are stuck with.