Wigan v Blackburn Rovers, Wed 28th Nov 2018, KO 19:45

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Blacked out what will inspire?

Rocky Balboa: "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it..."
14%
Eddie Scrap-Iron Dupris:"Anyone can lose one fight, anybody can lose once, you'll come back from this you'll be the champion of the world."
No votes
Chris Gardner, from The Pursuit of Happiness “Don’t ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something, not even me. Alright? You dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.”
No votes
Gandalf, from Lord of the Rings:“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”
86%

Total votes: 7

Gaz
Valued squad member

Re: Wigan v Blackburn Rovers, Wed 28th Nov 2018, KO 19:45

Post by Gaz » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:28 am

I fully agree. I appreciate TMs comments and acknowledgement that it was unacceptable last night. I feel there were some strong words in the dressing room.

We have an opportunity on Saturday to right some wrongs.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:22 pm

Gaz wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:56 am
What where your thoughts on the game Blackbat?
Didn't watch it. Two pretty bad results on the bounce, soubds like the players are a bit jaded at the moment by all accounts. Still, not the end of the world, and I think more an indication of how well we've done at the start of the season. Success begets over inflated expectations; hence my mild mocking of the crisis brigade ;).

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:14 am

There’s certainly a lot more hyteria outside of here. The last two performance have been terrible but there is no need to panic. Article in LT where players and staff have had positive clear the air talks so hopefully Saturday will see an improvement.

I think the main things we need to learn how to adapt too are when teams want to make the game more physical we’re not very good at dealing with that. And if our Graham/Dack combo is nullified we become a bit toothless in attack. But Mowbray has talked about the team needing to learn to play in different ways so we know it’s a work in progress. But I do think Brereton and Rothwell need to be given a few starts though.

RoverthePennines
Regular international

Post by RoverthePennines » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:36 pm

I’ve finally given up on the LT. 90% of the opinions on there, positive or negative, are formulated by cretins. Some of the commenters are just awful people, and thats before even starting with the trolls.

Jim
Experienced international star

Post by Jim » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:56 pm

I always ignore the idiots who comment on LT articles, the vast majority are from the same tiresome Burnley fan with too much time on his hands.

Rich Sharpe is a bright point though. As a reporter, I genuinely rate him. Find his match commentary quite good too.