Rovers/Birmingham City

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re: Rovers/Birmingham City

Post by mrblackbat » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:40 am

MouseTrap wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:57 pm
mrblackbat wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:20 pm
asshat
Can you tell me what it is that you don't really agree with from what I've said? I'm genuinely interested.
Sacking Mowbray, especially to bring back Allardyce, the dullest amd most objectionable manager on the planet, for a start.

We don't have a top 6 squad. We're about where we belong, and that's also pretty good considering. Brereton seemed very expensive to me, though I'd be interested to know what the actual clauses are for us to buy him in January... i'm wondering that we might not complete....
Last edited by mrblackbat on Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gaz
Valued squad member

Post by Gaz » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:55 am

Game hinged on two incidents. Reed has a great chance to put us 3 up and game over but keeper makes a great save. Then a moment of madness from Raya gives Brum a lifeline. We were absolutely cruising to 3 points up to that point. That’s 4 points dropped in the last 2 matches in my opinion and I’ve lost count over the season how many more we’ve lost from winning positions.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:48 am

We have seen a number of wins pegged back to draws. This is probably the most frustration as it’s self inflicted by a very rare Raya mistake, it happens.

MouseTrap whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion coming on here and saying Mowbray should be sacked and we need Big Sam back no one is going to take you seriously as it just comes across as you being on the wind up.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:46 pm

When there is an overstock of meat pies and gravy, I will consider Big Sam.

I am disappointed by this result. Really had this win in the bag, then Raya does one of his infamous mistakes. He needs to learn a lot from positional play.

Bringing back Lenihan seems like a mistake now. Downing had a couple solid performances and think he deserves to get a run with that form. I also feel Rothwell is due a run as well.

Overall, I think we are still in a good position because we are able to say these people need a start, this person is struggling but we have someone behind them. The only position I would say that doesn't apply to is left and right back. Travis is someone untested at right back at this level and both Williams and Bell are average on a good day at left back.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:25 pm

I agree we are probably about where we should be on the table.

I would also say, personnel-wise, TM knows what he's got, and he plays them accordingly. But, does he have all the 1st teamers he wants, or is he still building? I am guessing he will continue to add and subtract players.

I will leave it to you guys to determine whether or not as a strategist, he's solid or defective. But, its true we've dropped points the last two we probably shouldn't have. We still got a point both those games.

Not that there is any indication of a change being eminent, I will argue for retaining TM right now.

MouseTrap
New signing

Post by MouseTrap » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:18 pm

Some of you seem confused, I have not said sack Mowbray to bring big Sam back, I've said Mowbray needs to change his tactics or go and I would have Sam back, saying I'd have him back isn't the same as saying I want him back, he just wouldn't be a bad option. I bet he'd sort our defence out and he'd play to our best players strengths. This could be Kean all over again, you can all defend Mowbray, I won't anymore.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:20 pm

MouseTrap wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:18 pm
Some of you seem confused, I have not said sack Mowbray to bring big Sam back, I've said Mowbray needs to change his tactics or go and I would have Sam back, saying I'd have him back isn't the same as saying I want him back, he just wouldn't be a bad option.
Now I AM confused. :shock:
And welcome.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:45 pm

MouseTrap wrote:
Some of you seem confused, I have not said sack Mowbray to bring big Sam back, I've said Mowbray needs to change his tactics or go and I would have Sam back, saying I'd have him back isn't the same as saying I want him back, he just wouldn't be a bad option. I bet he'd sort our defence out and he'd play to our best players strengths. This could be Kean all over again, you can all defend Mowbray, I won't anymore.
Hilarious. Let's just leave these here....
MouseTrap wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:41 pm
I think it's time, Mowbray out. We need a manager that plays players in their correct positions. 7 million for a winger that plays 10 minutes a week.
My patience has run out with Mowbray.
MouseTrap wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:19 pm
I would have Big Sam back, he would get the most out of this squad, he has actually got teams promoted you know, and once he has he keeps them up. I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:09 pm

Stop with the revealing of contradictions!!

We are not having this debate of how shit Big Sam is tactically.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:14 am

I was making a joke about bringing big Sam back (6th post, page 2), lol, I can't believe it ever went this far!

I don't know what most of you know; but I think I can say with 100% accuracy, the same folks who canned Sam, would not be interested in bringing him back.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:21 am

I see we have a new WUM. :roll:

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:33 am

WacoRover wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:14 am
I was making a joke about bringing big Sam back (6th post, page 2), lol, I can't believe it ever went this far!

I don't know what most of you know; but I think I can say with 100% accuracy, the same folks who canned Sam, would not be interested in bringing him back.
seemingly we aren't allowed to joke anymore... which makes me wonder exactly what posts will be left.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:20 pm

The difference between this season and last is it is a lot harder to make chances and your own mistakes are more likely to be punished. The answer to those problems is collect a group of players who are better than those of last season. Also you need a manager who is tactically sound enough to get the best out of those players and not make silly mistakes in selecting the wrong players and formation choices. I would suggest this is why Rovers are not top of the league. There is of course a conspiracy theory that since Rovers won the Premier league title upsetting the establishment there has been an agenda to slap down Blackburn Rovers back to the lower leagues... It nearly worked...How dare Wigan win the FA Cup...they got slapped down too... I feel sorry for Leicester City.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:43 pm

WacoRover wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:14 am

I wouldn't worry about it Waco, they were clearly here on the wind up. There is a long history of WUMs (wind up merchant) in particular when BBC 606 used to have football forums for every team. They were closed down but a lot of users, myself included, would have a lot of fun winding up fans of other teams in their forums. Sadly for MouseTrap it was a very poorly executed wind up on here, I presumed it was a Burnley fan wanting a distraction from their pending relegation.

MouseTrap
New signing

Post by MouseTrap » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:58 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:45 pm
MouseTrap wrote:
Hilarious. Let's just leave these here....
MouseTrap wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:41 pm
I think it's time, Mowbray out. We need a manager that plays players in their correct positions. 7 million for a winger that plays 10 minutes a week.
My patience has run out with Mowbray.
MouseTrap wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:19 pm
I would have Big Sam back, he would get the most out of this squad, he has actually got teams promoted you know, and once he has he keeps them up. I'd have him back in a heartbeat.
The second quote was a reply to a suggestion that "we don't want Big Sam back" but what does context matter.
I think the reason this site has a very comparatively small number of regular users is because this site gives me the sense of you have all (obviously not all) have some sort of clique relationship going on. This profile is new but I'm not.
I'm saying Mowbray Has to change his approach or move on. I'm of the minority that thinks had Big Sam been given money to spend he would have got us into Europe. I'm gunna just leave this here, with it being appropriate and all.