Blackburn Rovers v Hull City, Sat 26 Jan 2019, KO 15:00

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Are we another victim from a mauling?

We would need to ask Martin Mull to mull on it
10%
The sacred text written by the Prophet Igor Tudor will save us
10%
I hear the gibbons echo in the night, but Rover the Dog hears only whispers of some quiet conversation
40%
Where does it stop, where do kestrels dare me
10%
Just like pottery in the kiln, there will always be Nordic Bakeware
10%
Can't you hear, can't you hear those arable farmers? You better run, you better take cover
10%
I know a lot of things about mauling. I have done a lot of mauling myself, a lot of people would call me the Mauler in Chief. I have maulings that are now written in history books, to the likes of which they have never seen before. The one time I mauled someone so bad, he told me "you have such great mauling ability, you maul so great." So ever since, people know of my ability to maul. It's a very popular thing, mauling someone. That is why I am making an executive order to maul the opponent and to Make Unicorns Great Again!
10%

Total votes: 10

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Hull City, Sat 26 Jan 2019, KO 15:00

Post by Darth Rover » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:22 am

Great performance and win. Three points off the play offs which put Rovers in a great position. I am a bit undecided on what i want for Rovers now. I thought of maybe a gradual progression that maybe might see us challenge for promotion next season but i have since changed my mind. Make hay while the sun shines i suppose. The fixture list in January has been more kind to Rovers than December but Rovers have reacted well returning four league wins and taking a premiership team to a replay in the FA Cup. Tony Mowbray should get the next championship manager of the month and it will be fully deserved. Ironically it was Nigel Adkins the Hull manger who just collected the most recent award. The curse of the manager of the month award prevails once more!

yankfan
Promising youngster

Post by yankfan » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:39 pm

The carrot of premiership tv money, even if relegated after one campaign, and parachute payments that follow are worth trying to push on. That money, especially for a club like ours, can go a long way in building a youthful club that can compete in the top flight for years....provided we dobt use the money on old footballers with high wages and declining abilities.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:49 pm

Going up and and spending to buy outstanding championship quality players while you build a solid team over a number of seasons yo-yoing is a decent strategy. Unless it doesn't work and then it sucks. Buying players for one season who leave you with a team devoid of real talent when they have to leave when you go down is a problem.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:34 am

4 wins out of 4 in January - Mowbray must be in with a great chance of manager of the month.

zeffania
Promising youngster

Post by zeffania » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:48 am

Absolutely buzzing. Didn't do my usual and painstakingly follow on Twitter as I was out. Logged on to see 2 up and then to win 3-0.

EFL on quest sucks, better highlights on Sky or YouTube.

Tough game away next, but if they play like that week in, week out, we will give anyone a game. It is nice being a Rovers fan again, these last 2 seasons have been a revelation under TM, long may it continue.