Brentford v Blackburn Rovers, Sat 2 Feb 2019, KO 15:00

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Which is the best Toto song of all time?

Africa
No votes
Igor Tudor's rendition of Africa
No votes
Arable farmers singing the chorus to Africa
10%
Kestrels and gibbons uniting their talents to play the drums that echo in the night for the song Africa
No votes
Seeing the Nordic Bakeware cure what's deep inside, freightened of this thing that I have become
No votes
Not 99
20%
Not Hold the Line
No votes
Not Rosanna
No votes
I have blessed many rains, so many rains. Specifically in Africa. Everyone knows I love blessing the rains down in Africa, to the likes of which no one has ever seen. Since I have been blessing the rains down in Africa, there have been so many rains. Bigly rains. Ocean sized rains. The leagues that had their rains blessed by me have made big league impacts. Even the fake news has said these are bigly big league rains, all because I blessed those rains down in Africa. That is why I am issuing an executive order to permanently bless the rains down in Africa and to Make Blessing the Rains Down in Africa Great Again!
70%

Total votes: 10

mcteeth
Ageing international

Re: Brentford v Blackburn Rovers, Sat 2 Feb 2019, KO 15:00

Post by mcteeth » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:48 pm

Entertaining game result to one side and 6 of the 7 goals right in front on us.

Two early goals of real quality fron Rovers but on the ball Brentford were just a different class. They were always going to score goals today, 5 was a little cruel in the end but some very good football on display.

Probably the only thing that annoyed me was their first as we were a touch untidy with on the ball and was very easy for them. Got the feeling that they knew they’d comfortably get back in the game.

We will have these days this season much like Bristol and Swansea away. Learn from it and move on to the next match.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:24 pm

Pretty much what everyone said was right. Losing Dack is crushing, and not having Graham there either was doubling that effect. Didn't see much of Brereton but I have my doubts about him for the rest of the season.

I am fine with sitting mid-table this season. Would love to see another push for playoffs down the stretch but Raya needs so much more experience to work out all these blunders.

RoverthePennines
Regular international

Post by RoverthePennines » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:58 am

Thor, Brereton did nothing wrong when he came on and was one of the few players still looking to get the ball moving and get in behind. I’d go as far to say he was our second best performer after Armstrong.

I also think he’s a better than Nuttall, who has the potential to be an excellent 6 yard box striker but is severely lacking in every other aspect of his game. Point in case on Saturday the decision to shoot from 20yards with 2 men blocking the route to goal instead of playing Brereton through for a simple one on one.