Blackburn Rovers v Bristol City, Sat 9 Feb 2019, KO 15:00

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Is a match in hand worth more than two in the bush?

Only if the hand is matched by the bush
No votes
Depends if the bush is a bush and not a shrub, thicket, or hedge
38%
Seeing two Kestrels in the bush could be dangerous for small animals
13%
Watching a kangaroo jump out of the bush with a gibbon in the pouch is a site to behold
13%
Finding Igor Tudor in the bush, setting up shop
13%
Discovering the sacred Kiln of Nordic Bakeware in the bush
25%

Total votes: 8

mcteeth
Ageing international

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Bristol City, Sat 9 Feb 2019, KO 15:00

Post by mcteeth » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:37 pm

Exactly Gaz. Brentford and Bristol are very good sides so no shame in losing to either of them and I had expected us to lose both. But I think we’ll win at Reading.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:56 pm

Gaz wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:50 am
I was impressed with Bristol yesterday. Extremely solid and organised outfit. We barely had a sniff. Some of the nonsense I heard from our fans walking away from the ground really did annoy me. The expectations some fans have for this season are outrageous. If the season was to stop now I for one would be more than happy.

Let’s try and put it right on Wednesday night!
It's not just this season. I think some people wouldn't be happy unless every game was won 10 nil.

stillgrowling
Valued squad member

Post by stillgrowling » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:12 pm

Rovers didn't do a lot wrong yesterday other than coming up against the best defence we'll see at Ewood this season.

I'm still wondering though, who will play when Mulgrew, Lenihan and Rodwell are all fit?

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:09 pm

A lot of the impatient fans look at Blackburn Rovers offensively, & wonder where our scoring was last night. I understand that partly, but as you have said that was a great defending team we hosted. Sure, we can add better players, where they can be found, and considering cost, in time (I still hope Brereton can be a great addition).

We are currently 12th in goals scored, and 12th in goals allowed. We are truly right where we should be on the table. Before Brentford, I was elated we were 8th. I am not discouraged now. Next we will have a good chance to pick up a point or 3 at Reading.

Radders
New signing

Post by Radders » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:38 am

Tight game, and they,re a decent side.But at the time we conceded we looked the more likely winners. The issue is that again we conceded a lousy goal at a crucial time,a set piece central defensive howler which is no longer even a surprise.Its such a shame because in every other department we can compete with the best.This is the final time I,m going to bang on about the consequences of having no natural centre half -a subnormal hamster could see this by now. Nyambe,s attempt to cover was embarassing probably for him too. Course, its not that easily solved-but it ever something justified a big outlay its this.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:22 pm

Radders wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:38 am
This is the final time I,m going to bang on about the consequences of having no natural centre half -a subnormal hamster could see this by now.
You make it sound like you’re ALWAYS on about it. Isn’t this your first post? :yeahright:

zeffania
Promising youngster

Post by zeffania » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:28 pm

We didn't get thumped so I am happy.

We know we aren't going to win all our games, but as long as we keep playing the way we do then I am happy. We were in League 1 last season, faring so much better than those who we came up with. Like some have said, our supporters are never happy.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:06 pm

I think it's games like Saturday that demonstrate where we are in our development. Similar to the Norwich defeat at home, we can compete in a relatively even game with one of the top sides and a mistake gets punished and you lose 0-1. It happens but we know we're not too far off being a very good side in this league.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:01 pm

mcteeth wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:06 pm
I think it's games like Saturday that demonstrate where we are in our development. Similar to the Norwich defeat at home, we can compete in a relatively even game with one of the top sides and a mistake gets punished and you lose 0-1. It happens but we know we're not too far off being a very good side in this league.
This, 100%.