Blackburn Rovers v Middlesborough, Sun 17 Feb 2019, KO 13:00

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

If a tree falls in the woods, does anyone hear it?

Only if I live near the woods
No votes
Depends on the type of tree
No votes
Since kestrels live in it, it shall be known
No votes
The gibbons shall know since it is the Great Gibbon Highway
80%
It will only be used to stoke the fires of the Great Nordic Bakeware Kiln
No votes
Since it was hacked down by the Great Lumberjack Igor Tudor, no one will know it ever existed
20%

Total votes: 5

mcteeth
Ageing international

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Middlesborough, Sun 17 Feb 2019, KO 13:00

Post by mcteeth » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:37 am

Mowbray said there was going to be rotation but I think he's probably tinkered a little too much in the last couple of games. We're not in the cups and there's 13 games left of the season so where possible I'd want to see a strong starting XI and then resting by using subs, not the other way around.

We defended really well with Bennett at right back in January and slightly odd comments about Nyambe saying he was taken out of the firing line after the Birmingham and Norwich goals we conceded. He certainly seems to punish certain players for mistakes more than others, Travis, Nyambe and Bell for example. Can only assume Bell was dropped for Williams due to the goal conceded at Reading but Williams I feel has become a liability this season when he plays. And we badly missed Travis in the first half yesterday with Evans and Reed surprisingly absolutely dire for 45 minutes.

I know Rothwell was out of the squad yesterday due to a baby being born but no idea what he needs to do to start games, if you're rotating then he'd be one of the first I'd put in and was again excellent when he came on against Reading.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:10 pm

Rovers are unlikely to be promoted and equally unlikely to be relegated. Out of all cup competitions so Tony Mowbray is using the rest of the season to look at his current squad and ask himself who does he not need for next season. If the objective for next season is challenge for promotion then their
are several squad players who will be exiting the club this summer. Its a bit of a bummer if you have a season ticket and you want to see Rovers put out a side capable of winning a game. I would like to see more of Rothwell too. The lad deserves a chance with a few starts and not relying on coming off the bench if he is lucky. Both Chapman and Davenport playing the U23s tonight so cross fingers they dont get injured we might see them in the first team before the end of the season.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:43 pm

If we can secure mid-table finish along with getting some appearances from Davenport and Chapman, I will consider this a successful season. Would also be nice to see Rodwell and Rothwell get starts in the midfield as well.

zeffania
Promising youngster

Post by zeffania » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:07 am

I want to see more of Rothwell, he was our bright spark at Reading. I am going to only watch highlights from now on, Boro and Reading I paid to watch, the latter being via sky but still and we were poor. I think I am a bad omen :lol: