Birthday Bash Boogaloo: Blackburn Rovers v Wigan Athletic, Tue 12 March 2019, KO 19:45

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

What should I do for my birthday?

Watch First Blood while Rovers draw first blood
14%
Let the Kestrels fly out and catch my dinner from the Cuyahoga River
14%
Fund the gibbons so they can roast some chestnuts over an open fire
No votes
Break out the Nordic Bakeware for this festive occasion
29%
Call up Igor Tudor and go out on a bender
No votes
Get back to my roots and till up some arable farmland
14%
Bust out the birthday suit
29%

Total votes: 7

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Re: Birthday Bash Boogaloo: Blackburn Rovers v Wigan Athletic, Tue 12 March 2019, KO 19:45

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:46 pm

What do I do with my hands?

Gaz
Valued squad member

Re: Birthday Bash Boogaloo: Blackburn Rovers v Wigan Athletic, Tue 12 March 2019, KO 19:45

Post by Gaz » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:48 am

It was far from pretty, but at this stage it’s the 3 points which is most important. Let’s try and sneak a point on Saturday then we can enjoy the international break.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:00 am

mcteeth wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:44 pm
Lovely stuff. Thankfully Wigan are really shit :hyper:
But...but...they’re champions of LEAGUE ONE! :o

zeffania
Promising youngster

Post by zeffania » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:03 am

Gibbon wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:00 am
mcteeth wrote:
:lol: oh yes, you see that mentioned soo much on Twitter.

Wow, so pleased, they really have been a thorn in our side so a clean sheet, win and decent amount of goals. Let's hope they slip down a bit further.

Pleased to see the young defender get his first start and play so well. Nice to see the academy lads getting a go and I hope he gets many more starts.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:56 am

Gibbon wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:00 am
mcteeth wrote:
Ha.

It was high time we slapped down Cook for the shite he’s been spouting over the last 2 seasons. Thankfully the draws last season didn’t matter we achieved our aim of promotion and losing at Wigan earlier this season was just a bad day.

Our win last night just puts them further in the shit :hyper:

stillgrowling
Promising youngster

Post by stillgrowling » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:41 pm

Not a great performance from Rovers, fortunately Wigan were dire.
Mcgloire's debut wasn't perfect but was good enough. I'll have him over Williams any day. He just needs to dominate the opposition a tad more, I'm sure that will come, especially if he plays alongside Mulgrew or Lenihan.
I lost count of the missed chances- Nuttall and Dack were the two biggest culprits but Dack made up for it with his goal with sheer persistence and aggression.
The two wingers didn't do much, Conway must surely be in his last season, and Bennett hasn't really played well since the turn of the year.
I don't know how Mowbray can start games without Travis - yes he makes mistakes but he's like a breath of fresh air, runs forever, is aggressive and GOES FORWARD. More than some of our midfielders.
The coaching staff must be thrilled with the prospects of some of our youngsters -it just takes a small leap of faith to give them their chance in the first team. Chapman should be back soon, I'd love to see Rodwell and Travis playing together, we could be in for an exciting 2019/20 season if we can sort the lest back situation. Bell is great going forward, but less so in defence.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:39 am

I believe we’re safe from relegation; but even if we weren’t, I’d go with the younger guys going forward. They give us the best chance to get points, imo.

Gaz
Valued squad member

Post by Gaz » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:47 am

stillgrowling wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:41 pm
Mcgloire's debut wasn't perfect but was good enough. I'll have him over Williams any day. He just needs to dominate the opposition a tad more, I'm sure that will come, especially if he plays alongside Mulgrew or Lenihan.
I lost count of the missed chances- Nuttall and Dack were the two biggest culprits but Dack made up for it with his goal with sheer persistence and aggression.
The two wingers didn't do much, Conway must surely be in his last season, and Bennett hasn't really played well since the turn of the year.
I don't know how Mowbray can start games without Travis - yes he makes mistakes but he's like a breath of fresh air, runs forever, is aggressive and GOES FORWARD. More than some of our midfielders.
The coaching staff must be thrilled with the prospects of some of our youngsters -it just takes a small leap of faith to give them their chance in the first team. Chapman should be back soon, I'd love to see Rodwell and Travis playing together, we could be in for an exciting 2019/20 season if we can sort the lest back situation. Bell is great going forward, but less so in defence.
I was in total agreement until the last sentence. I just don’t think Bell is good enough. He seems to lack confidence in trying to beat his man (often turning back on himself) and his end product is awful. A left back is at the top of my priority list come the summer.

RoverthePennines
Regular international

Post by RoverthePennines » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:40 am

Gaz wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:47 am
stillgrowling wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:41 pm
I was in total agreement until the last sentence. I just don’t think Bell is good enough. He seems to lack confidence in trying to beat his man (often turning back on himself) and his end product is awful. A left back is at the top of my priority list come the summer.
It’s often when he checks back on himself that he loses possession and causes issues too. I do see a more confident Bell as potentially being a very good player though

stillgrowling
Promising youngster

Post by stillgrowling » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:18 pm

Don't forget Bell has scored two goals this season- if we can get a good left back I'd be happy to keep Bell as back up to play wide on the left .