Quarantine in Bed Edition: Watford v Blackburn Rovers, Wed 21 Oct 2020, KO 1945

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Traveling in a fried-out Kombi...

On a hippie trail, head full of zombie
No votes
I met a strange gibbon, it made me nervous
60%
It took me in and gave me breakfast
20%
And it said: do you come from the arable farmers?
No votes
Where Kestrels fly and hover
No votes
Can't you hear, can't you hear Igor Tudor?
No votes
You better run, you better take cover
20%

Total votes: 5

mcteeth
Ageing international

Re: Quarantine in Bed Edition: Watford v Blackburn Rovers, Wed 21 Oct 2020, KO 1945

Post by mcteeth » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:39 am

Yes very good goal. Brereton has been very good this season. His hold up play and driving forward with the ball is excellent, the goals will come.

We looked completely toothless after he went off for Dolan.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Re: Quarantine in Bed Edition: Watford v Blackburn Rovers, Wed 21 Oct 2020, KO 1945

Post by WacoRover » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:09 pm

You guys know about proper football; tell me about Sam G. It seems he will never get a chance here as a striker, he will always be a wing, which for him is a square peg/round hole kind of deal. I get that.

Brereton can succeed in that role, right? With Arma up front, and having a talented young winger like Elliott, Sam appears the odd man out. Particularly with Dack coming back- supposedly after November break. Any possibility that Mowbray could ever devise an offense for Sam’s strength (whatever that might be)?

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:25 am

WacoRover wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:09 pm
You guys know about proper football; tell me about Sam G. It seems he will never get a chance here as a striker, he will always be a wing, which for him is a square peg/round hole kind of deal. I get that.

Brereton can succeed in that role, right? With Arma up front, and having a talented young winger like Elliott, Sam appears the odd man out. Particularly with Dack coming back- supposedly after November break. Any possibility that Mowbray could ever devise an offense for Sam’s strength (whatever that might be)?
Short answer: No

Long answer: definitely no.

stillgrowling
Valued squad member

Post by stillgrowling » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:40 am

Last season most supporters were for getting rid of Brereton, this season Gallagher has become the man the supporters love to hate. This lad has been playing out of position for over a year, now he's got Arma and Big Ben in front of him ion the pecking order. We need strength in depth, Samuel and Nuttall have both gone, Gally is a good a back up cf.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:00 pm

I think Gallagher really needs to be played up front, but I’m not sure how he’ll get into the team barring injuries. I guess it’s up to him to train his way into contention.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:17 pm

I've said it before but still never quite sure why people got on Brereton's back so much. Of course strikers need to score but he was used in fairly intermittently as a sub whilst Gallagher has plenty of starts and time on the pitch certainly through the first part of last season and was very poor.

They're both good in the air but Brereton's hold up play, driving forward with the ball, winning freekicks in dangerous positions and getting himself into scoring positions has been excellent this season. He was unlucky not to score against Derby and has had a few chances he could have tested the keeper a bit better and then scored a brilliant volley.

He's got attributes that surpass Gallagher for me, and all told neither have scored enough goals but if kept in the team I've got a lot more faith in Brereton scoring regularly than Gallagher.