Quarantine On the Toilet Edition: Coventry City v Blackburn Rovers, Sat 24 Oct 2020, KO 1500

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

We're leaving together

But still it's farewell
No votes
And maybe we'll come back
17%
To Earth, who can tell?
17%
I guess there is no one to blame
33%
We're leaving ground (leaving ground)
17%
Will things ever be the same again?
17%

Total votes: 6

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Re: Quarantine On the Toilet Edition: Coventry City v Blackburn Rovers, Sat 24 Oct 2020, KO 1500

Post by WacoRover » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:50 pm

SAM!! Thank goodness, glad for the guy

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Re: Quarantine On the Toilet Edition: Coventry City v Blackburn Rovers, Sat 24 Oct 2020, KO 1500

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:02 pm

Definitely could have added a couple more goals to the scoreline, but final score 4-0 to Rovers.

One thing that is different this season is these big margin of victories. 5-0, 4-0, 4-0 against Wycombe, Derby, and Coventry City respectively. I think that says something about the difference between last season and this season.

I think Nyambe will be hard-pressed to win his spot back over JRC. He put in a last ditch tackle stopping a crucial shot on target for Coventry. Not to mention JRC has better attacking play. Buckley played decently, picking up a lot of free kicks.

Ben Brereton seems to be coming into his role now. Picked up a penalty call, two assists. It's pretty amazing the night and day difference he is from last season. Sam Gallagher picking up a goal hopefully does well for confidence. Though I don't put much stock into it being garbage time against 10 men.

Lenihan-Williams looks to be the partnership at the back. Seems Williams looks like he is willing to put a shift in, while the limited minutes I have seen Ayala made me feel like he doesn't put it all out there.

Trybulll and Douglas both had good debuts. Douglas definitely provides all the skills that misses from Bell's game. Trybull is just another solid body in midfield to fill the gap.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:06 pm

Agreed, Thor. Our roster is so much deeper now, and the competition has really upped our game, imo. Elliott has done so much for our team already. Spot-on assessment, re: Douglas.

Well, the top two teams in goal diff meet Tuesday. It’s shaping up to be some great matchups.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:09 pm

Excellent display.

It was quite clear to see Douglas having more experience and quality on the ball than Bell. Elliot is quite impressive given his age, a real step up from Dolan or Chapman.

Wasn't always a fan of Williams but he is cemented in the back 4 for me.

Strange to think that Nyambe is one of the best right backs in the league and yet JRC looks undroppable currently.

Trybull has impressed me as well, feels like the one who fills the Travis void best.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:36 am