Quarantine in a Bottle Edition: Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers, Sat 31 Oct 2020, KO 1500

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Oh Yeah

Oh yeah
75%
the moon
No votes
sun
No votes
oh so beautiful
25%

Total votes: 4

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Re: Quarantine in a Bottle Edition: Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers, Sat 31 Oct 2020, KO 1500

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:24 pm

I think at some point, Wharton needs to be given a shot. Lenihan isn't really putting in top performances right now, and best to check out what Wharton has to offer.

RoverthePennines
Regular international

Re: Quarantine in a Bottle Edition: Swansea City v Blackburn Rovers, Sat 31 Oct 2020, KO 1500

Post by RoverthePennines » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:03 am

Thorisgodpoo wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:24 pm
I think at some point, Wharton needs to be given a shot. Lenihan isn't really putting in top performances right now, and best to check out what Wharton has to offer.
Agree, I was more meaning that Wharton is an unknown quantity rather than stating he’s not better

stillgrowling
Valued squad member

Post by stillgrowling » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:25 pm

Was a foregone conclusion that we'd struggle at cb when Tosin went. You might lose experience when you give youngsters a chance but they often make up for it with fitness and enthusiasm. I'd like to see Wharton and Grayson given their chances but I'd also be in favour of Nyambe being given an extended run at cb, especially since he's filled out and can offer more of a physical presence. Lenihan seems to have lost a yard of pace, against Reading he was just too slow in tracking back after we'd had a corner etc, in fact he's looking more like Hanley every match.
As for Evans, the lad tries but he's too predictable, hasn't got an inventive bone in his body and has possibly got the worst shot of anyone I've seen in a Rovers shirt. Yes I know he's a defensive midfielder but so is Johnson. l

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:23 pm

I think there was one attempt Evans had that was point blank against Swansea that it looked like he smacked with a pillow. I will never get how someone can be a professional and not be able to really hit a ball with pace.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:38 pm

I think we've just been mullered by a load of key team absences (Travis, Ayala, Johnson, Kaminski, Rothwell, Douglas etc...) via covid and injury, players who were making a real difference in our defensive solidity.

Fingers crossed they all make a full recovery and we start to get people back soon.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:16 pm

Gibbon wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:38 pm
I think we've just been mullered by a load of key team absences (Travis, Ayala, Johnson, Kaminski, Rothwell, Douglas etc...) via covid and injury, players who were making a real difference in our defensive solidity.

Fingers crossed they all make a full recovery and we start to get people back soon.
When you consider that 4 midfielders are missing from the 18, it puts it into perspective.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:23 am

I think Kaminski has been the biggest loss recently, we've just gone all at sea at the back. No disrespect to Pears but Kaminski seemed to bring in an immediate calm and assurance at the back as well as coming out of his goal and acting as a sweeper. Pears just isn't ready for that.

A lot of the goals conceded are just total basics, just looks like little moments where we switch off and allow ourselves to be disorganised for a moment. Teams aren't creating a lot of good chances against us, but the 2/3 they do always result in a goal. But they could easily have been avoided.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:53 pm

LT says Douglas, Johnson & Bell all miss out, Kaminski probably misses. This means square pegs in round holes again, R-C is def not a left back, but what else can be done.

Not to mention probably losing our best scoring threat (Armstrong).

Sadly, I do not see a point this week, with 12 guys out. Quarantine in the sickbed edition, coming up vs Boro.