Quarantine On the Injured Reserve Edition: Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers, Wed 9 Dec 2020, KO 1945

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Is a bird in hand worth more than two in the bush?

As long as it's not a kestrel in hand, they are very gamey
25%
Saying the Bush is full of Tandoori Gibbons, there are no birds in the Bush
13%
The Bush is really just a secret access point for Igor Tudor's underground black market Nordic Bakeware ring
50%
The Bush will be removed by the arable farmers, as that is prime tract of land
No votes
Romans do not care for either
13%

Total votes: 8

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Quarantine On the Injured Reserve Edition: Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers, Wed 9 Dec 2020, KO 1945

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:40 pm

Hopefully no one else gets injured this match.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Re: Quarantine On the Injured Reserve Edition: Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers, Wed 9 Dec 2020, KO 1945

Post by WacoRover » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:40 am

We won both last year, 2-0 (Johnson 2’, Armstrong 77’), & 3-1, the day of the restart (Evans, Tosin & Arma). Might not be as favorable this time around. We didn’t have Dacky last season, for the restart game. The earlier one was the game before his injury.

I’m looking forward to this; we need to start having expectations of winning these kinds of games.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Re: Quarantine On the Injured Reserve Edition: Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers, Wed 9 Dec 2020, KO 1945

Post by mcteeth » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:05 am

Great poll, possibly the finest of the season to date.

Of these 3 tricky games giving a bit of an acid test, Brentford away was possibly the toughest with Bristol away and then Norwich at home. And we came through that in adverse circumstances with what felt like a victory.

We should be able to play Ayala and Williams in defence which on paper is a very sound pairing. Not sure what Douglas' fitness is like otherwise it'll be Bell and Nyambe.

I've really liked the look of Davenport but I suspect we'll revert to a Johnson, Rothwell and another if Holtby is available. If Holtby isn't available again wouldn't mind seeing Davenport start but equally we've got plenty of options to slot in there in Trybull, Downing and Buckley.

WacoRover
Ageing international

Post by WacoRover » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:41 pm

Yes, midfield has been surprisingly good, no matter who Tony throws out on the pitch.

Are we getting close to seeing Dack? (Ah, I see where Dack is slated to return for FA Cup match, Jan 9).

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:49 pm

Rovers subs: Pears, Carter, Bell, Davenport, Trybull, Downing, Buckley, Dolan, Chapman

El Sphero
Promising youngster

Post by El Sphero » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:35 pm

Very good timing from Williams to be back in time for this game. The best line up we could put out with the players available, COYB!

I’ve not heard an update on Big Ben recently, does anyone know the timeframe for his injury?

WacoRover
Ageing international

Post by WacoRover » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:36 pm

0-0, HT.
I’ve been at the doctor, so all I’ve got are LT comments. Rovers have looked dangerous, & no doubt TM well-pleased with 57% poss. Four shots on target.

WacoRover
Ageing international

Post by WacoRover » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:02 pm

Rovers come out of HT, firing away.

WacoRover
Ageing international

Post by WacoRover » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:29 pm

Well, we gotta play from behind the last 10 min or so

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:24 pm

Honestly felt like both sides played like shit and weren't clinical, just one good chance fell to Bristol City and they got it.

Johnson seemed like he was not good at all, surprised Mowbray didn't put Trybull on. Elliot seems like his brightness has gone down without Brereton. Positive side is Williams and Ayala at times were really good, but seemed disorganized at times as they would float from their spot.

Overall, I hope Brereton is able to come back next match, and Trybull gets the start over Johnson.