Quarantine at the Dinner Table Edition: Blackburn Rovers v Rotherham, Wed 16 Dec 2020, KO 1945

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

When do you prefer to eat ham?

Breakfast
No votes
Lunch
No votes
2nd Lunch
No votes
Dinner
No votes
Anytime
71%
No time
29%
Hammer time
No votes
Time is a human construct, therefore not applicable to Kestrels and gibbons
No votes
Only if it's baked in Igor Tudor's Nordic Bakeware
No votes
Depends if it comes from a farm that is rather arable
No votes

Total votes: 7

mcteeth
Ageing international

Re: Quarantine at the Dinner Table Edition: Blackburn Rovers v Rotherham, Wed 16 Dec 2020, KO 1945

Post by mcteeth » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:48 pm

We were crap. Total robbery but there you go.

El Sphero
Promising youngster

Re: Quarantine at the Dinner Table Edition: Blackburn Rovers v Rotherham, Wed 16 Dec 2020, KO 1945

Post by El Sphero » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:20 pm

It is a lot more satisfying when you a snatch a late winner that you actually deserve. I suppose Rotherham didn’t deserve it either, but I’d be feeling a lot better right now if we played well.

Anyway, a win is a win, 3 points in the bag that we could look back on fondly if we begin playing well again like we were at the start of the season.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:43 pm

mcteeth wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:48 pm
We were crap. Total robbery but there you go.
Im very thankful for the win- any & every win- but I’m afraid this weekend at Stoke we could be head-scratching, yet again. I’m also glad it appears Tony’s subs today were just what the doctor ordered.

The irony is, right now, our best player is 17- and he isn’t even ours.

We will win some games, and tie some, but I’m afraid we’re not looking at a team building towards a promotion push. Even with Dack & Travis returning soon.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:43 am

Typical of the Championship really. You look at the performances against Bournemouth, Watford, Bristol City and Norwich and can't really believe we lost all of those games. Played like utter trash last night and somehow skank a winner. It is what it is and keeps us in close distance to the top 6.

We're missing Brereton and will soon have him back along with Travis and Dack which will completely alter the make up of the side and inject some much needed energy.

Concerned about how poor Douglas has been, was a relief to see Bell come on which is not something I expected. Downing made a difference as well.

The pitch was an absolute state as well which didn't seem to help, I know it does suffer through winter but looked particularly bad last night.
Last edited by mcteeth on Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stillgrowling
Valued squad member

Post by stillgrowling » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:16 pm

I was almost embarrassed when Arma put that in. I drew three conclusions from that game. We still haven't resolved the left back position, Ayala is our best cb and Buckley could do with another twelve months. I appreciate that fatigue and injuries force TM in using players that should be rested, and I'm convinced that Brereton, Travis, Dack, JRC, and eventually Wharton will make a huge difference.
Have a feeling that we'll look back to this match at the end of the season and simply say 'thank you God'.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:57 am

Williams now confirmed as more a long term injury :roll: