Quarantine in the Crock Pot Edition: Middlesbrough v Blackburn Rovers, Sun 24 Jan 2021, KO 1500

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Here I am,

Stuck in the middle with you
No votes
Stuck in a diddle with Igor Tudor whipping up his favorite Nordic Bakeware crock pot recipe
33%
Stuck in a flight pattern with kestrels
33%
Stuck swinging from tree to tree with a whoop of gibbons
No votes
Stuck in the arable field, with Jim the Farmer off a ways with his tractor to pull me out
No votes
Stuck in a holding pattern with the Romans
33%

Total votes: 3

mcteeth
Ageing international

Re: Quarantine in the Crock Pot Edition: Middlesbrough v Blackburn Rovers, Sun 24 Jan 2021, KO 1500

Post by mcteeth » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:31 pm

I can see both sides of the argument but the law for a red card in this incident would be the use of excessive force which endangers an opponent. I don't see the excessive use of force in Branthwaite trying to clear a bouncing ball. The injuries Fry sustained are horrible and nobody wants to see that on a football pitch but it was accidental.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Re: Quarantine in the Crock Pot Edition: Middlesbrough v Blackburn Rovers, Sun 24 Jan 2021, KO 1500

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:47 pm

mcteeth wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:31 pm
I can see both sides of the argument but the law for a red card in this incident would be the use of excessive force which endangers an opponent. I don't see the excessive use of force in Branthwaite trying to clear a bouncing ball. The injuries Fry sustained are horrible and nobody wants to see that on a football pitch but it was accidental.
It was certainly reckless and therefore a yellow card. I'm with you on it not being a red in terms of the letter of the law.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:19 pm

Also given that it was accidental the double jeopardy rule would apply, a penalty should have been awarded as it was a foul but Branthwaite couldn't then have also received a red card. It would either be a yellow card or nothing.

We're overlooking the fact that Kaminski would have saved the penalty anyway 8-)

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:31 pm

I doubt they would have hit the target.