New Manager poll - select your top three choices

Discuss all things Rovers related except...

Next Manager

Daniel Farke
22%
Mark Warburton
11%
Dean Syche
No votes
Marco Bielsa
11%
Gareth Ainsworth
22%
Chris Hughton
No votes
Phillip Cocu
No votes
Damien Johnson
22%
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
No votes
Mick McCarthy
11%
Wayne Rooney
No votes
Tony Mowbray
No votes
Carlos Carvalhal
No votes

Total votes: 9

mcteeth
Ageing international

Re: New Manager poll - select your top three choices

Post by mcteeth » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:42 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:29 pm
mcteeth wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:15 am
It isn't a criticism.

As always this is a really tiresome and pointless discussion now.
Is that cause I remember what you said and pull you up on it? :hyper:
You haven't pulled me up on anything, I'm bored with yet another childish to and fro that detracts from the topic of the thread when there are interesting things happening at the club worthy of discussion.

Questioning a managers suitability relative to what would be in-keeping with the direction of travel at the club, whilst acknowledging their success at another club, is not a criticism.

I'm not going to have this pointless cyclical debate anymore.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:00 am

mcteeth wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:09 am

Good at what? Having some success in League 2 and League 1 playing an effective but limited style of football?

In the context of Venky's appointing someone to continue the work of Mowbray and how we've developed our squad of players, why would he be a good appointment?

You must have actual reasons why you think he's a good appointment beyond a worse win percentage than Mowbray (predominantly in lower leagues).
To be fair, the above does read as though you're criticising and making out that Ainsworth's achievements aren't worth anything, rather than acknowledging success. :shrug: Probably irrelevant as the media seem to be just bouncing names around in lieu of any actual idea of who's in the running. The real question is why we aren't further along the process given they knew Mowbray's contract was up and they weren't offering another one.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:06 pm

Ronny Deila is another name to add into the mix, although a little more concrete given reports in LT.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:13 am

mcteeth wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:42 am
mrblackbat wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:29 pm
mcteeth wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:15 am
It isn't a criticism.

As always this is a really tiresome and pointless discussion now.
Is that cause I remember what you said and pull you up on it? :hyper:
You haven't pulled me up on anything, I'm bored with yet another childish to and fro that detracts from the topic of the thread when there are interesting things happening at the club worthy of discussion.

Questioning a managers suitability relative to what would be in-keeping with the direction of travel at the club, whilst acknowledging their success at another club, is not a criticism.

I'm not going to have this pointless cyclical debate anymore.
Except you are having it?

I really can't be bothered pointing to all the criticisms you've put forward on this thread, it's tedious to do on a mobile. But seeing as you seem to have an ainabikity to read your own posts and comprehend, let's go.

First, let's start with the meaning of criticism.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism

"Criticism is the construction of a judgement about the positive and negative qualities of someone or something"

And therefore "
Questioning a managers suitability relative to what would be in-keeping with the direction of travel at the club, whilst acknowledging their success at another club, is not a criticism" is in fact, exactly criticism.

So, let's look at your posts:
mcteeth wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 1:57 pm
Ethiaa wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 12:29 pm
Ainsworth for more of the same which would be no bad thing
More of the same? We're nothing like Wycombe in terms of playing staff and style... :shrug:

The Ainsworth link really baffles me, if he wasn't a former player and fan nobody would actually consider him for the job over other viable candidates.
So here we have an expression indicating a negative opinion (I.e. criticism) of Ainsworth's suitability as a manager for Blackburn. Key words "we're nothing like Wycombe...", "if he wasn't a former player.... nobody would actually consider him for the job". So clear criticism of suitability along with implied criticism of his abilities as a manager as the only reason he'd be considered is a locality based reason.
mcteeth wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 1:36 pm
Ainsworth as it stands isn't suited to that.

...his transfer dealings aren't really applicable to how we've scouted and recruited players.
Clear criticism of his transfer selection and scouting abilities.
mcteeth wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 2:24 pm
Well the simple point remains, if Ainsworth had no connection to the club he wouldn't be on the hypothetical list.
Reinforcing the criticism of his consideration only being due to being from Balckburn; I.e. you don't think he's very good.
mcteeth wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:30 pm
Ainsworth not on the shortlist thankfully.
Criticism in the form of an expressed opinion of delight when Ainsworth wasn't being considered.
mcteeth wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:09 am
Good at what? Having some success in League 2 and League 1 playing an effective but limited style of football?

You must have actual reasons why you think he's a good appointment beyond a worse win percentage than Mowbray (predominantly in lower leagues).
And finally the comment the led to you getting upset when I pointed out your preferred candidate had a worse win percentage in league matches. If questioning whether someone is good at anything (I.e. "good at what") isn't criticism in your world, I think perhaps we just need to conclude you don't understand the English language.

So: gaslighting? Yes I think so.

As to why I think he'd be a good candidate? He has a good win ratio on limited budgets, and has overachieved at the clubs he's managed. He's been loyal to those clubs. He's got his players to perform well on a low budget and got existing players to perform well in the teams he's managed. And his local connection would likely keep the fans off his back for a while. Well except those that think because he's local he'd have to win the Champions League every season to be any good..... ;)

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:44 am

Jon Dahl Tomasson rumoured to have been offered a three year contract.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:38 am

As the speculators have been saying all along. Or not.

At least I know who he is.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:04 am

Gibbon wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:44 am
Yeah I saw that flying around last night. Have vague recollections of him playing at Newcastle in the late 90s.

Seems to have recently done well with Malmö.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:17 am

"Seems to have recently done well". Odd way of referring to winning back to back titles....

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:35 am

Give it a rest :roll:

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:51 am

Give what a rest? I noticed that after asking for how you were criticising Ainsowrth you went silent when presented with that....

:shrug:

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:57 am

Picking arguments with posters on this forum, I said I wasn't interested in a pointless debate as it's not going to get us anywhere. I could respond to your post but what is the point?

I still speak to a few users who have since left this forum specifically because of your persistence with picking arguments and needlessly pulling apart people's posts.

I'm curious as to why you bother and what it is you get out of it? :shrug:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:24 am

mcteeth wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:04 am
Gibbon wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:44 am
Yeah I saw that flying around last night. Have vague recollections of him playing at Newcastle in the late 90s.

Seems to have recently done well with Malmö.
I'd forgotten about his stint at Newcastle. He went on to have better times in the Netherlands and with AC Milan, and was a standout player for Denmark for what seemed like forever.

Playing experience and even managerial experience elsewhere never guarantees anything, but on paper it seems like a more ambitious and interesting appointment than the media were guessing at.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:44 am

Yeah he really did have quite the playing career, as the old cliche goes great players don't necessarily make great coaches but he's a Champions League winner with AC Milan and was excellent for Denmark. Got plenty of experience to hand down to the players.

He's managed 135 games, his time at Roda doesn't look great but was obviously better at Malmo. I also don't know a huge amount about the Dutch or Swedish leagues.

Yeah it's been quite enjoying to watch the sheer volume of #ITK and names flying around and bookmakers odds. Also how wide of the mark Lying Bastard Noxin has been throughout :lol:

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:46 am

Do posts autocorrect if you mention Lying Bastard Noxin? :lol:

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:46 am

I guess they do :lol: :lol: :lol: