F.A Cup

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
Gouldy
Valued squad member

Post by Gouldy » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:59 pm

This is possibly the most depressed i have ever been after a football match. It was just dire. I cannot remember a rovers side playing this badly since we were relegated. First time i have EVER left a Rovers game early it was that embarrasing. No heart from any player, no commitment and how the fuck do we keep conceding fuckin penalties

Why oh why has Hughes not learnt that Mokoena:

1) Cannot play in CM with Tugay. It just doesnt work

2) IS FUCKING AWEFUL. NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH FOR A LEAGUE 2 SIDE :doh:

Seriously can he do anything? What kind of sexual favours must he have performed to become a professional football. Quite a few on the evidence. Same can be said for Berner, he's shite an all.

Treacy i feel bad for. He's a young lad and the occassion might have got to him a bit. He will have learnt a big lesson today and he will come back better and stronger for it.

Finally can anyone understand Hughes' tactics or substitutions? I for one was completly fuckin lost when Samba went upfront, and Moko stayed on the fuckin field. At that stage in the day, personally, i would have taken Moko off for Matty, Bentley in the centre and put Righters on the right

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Post by Gouldy » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:12 pm

Cant believe some people on 606 are saying Friedel needs dropping :doh: Do they think hes a fuckin miracle worker?

tomthebodz
Regular international

Post by tomthebodz » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:27 pm

I've said it before today. Zurab was the biggest twat. What I heard was the ball went off the bal. Friedel goes to catch the ball and Zurab just shoved one of their player.

Sell Zurab, Berner, Roberts. Kill Mokoena with an axe. Keep Savage and what's more play him.

Border Rover
New signing

Post by Border Rover » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:40 pm

I still can't see why Hughes brought Berner in the first place. Been playing for 7 to 8 years but has only gained just over 100 caps for all his teams put together! Now we know why...

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:12 pm

Oh dear, just seen the goals.

I usually try to defend Zurab as being a decent player, being out of position, not having a decent run in the team etc, but God knows what he was thinking for that penalty. Tthe only thing i can think of is that he's still learning his trade from Nelsen, but even he doesn't give away penalties like that.

How the hell was Adebola allowed to walk through the half the team like they weren't there? Ok, he's a big guy, but someone should be stopping him somehow.

We've started to collapse under the slightest pressure defensively in recent games, and haven't been taking chances at the other end. Some players can't be faulted for their effort, the likes of Bentley, Friedel, Santa Cruz, Tugay. Others have looked off form recently, either for no apparent reason or due to lack of games, like Pedersen, McCarthy, Nelsen, Samba. Others are just not good enough, and the quicker Hughes realises it the better. Mokoena, Berner, Rigters etc.

One more thing: where's Henchoz? :?:

Simon
Ageing international

Post by Simon » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:51 am

I thought we did well in the first half, controlling the game yet not really creating too many outstanding opportunities. Then Coventry scored their first, which was pretty unavoidable and simply jammy.

Half time and I expect rovers to come out all guns blazing and for 10 minutes we put Coventry under real pressure and were unlucky not to score. Then we simply started to fizzle out upon the introduction of Nelsen and Pedersen, and went from playing poorly to becoming downright awful.

The whole shape of the team just went, and within 3 minutes of Nelsen's introduction, the defence which hadn't really struggled simply fell to bits. Yes, Zurab was certainly at fault for the penalty, but when the whole defence falls apart with the introduction of one player (or possibly departure of Emerton) you know something is wrong.

Nelsen should have prevented their 3rd goal and I'm unsure of the 4th because I'd left by that point.

Simon
Ageing international

Post by Simon » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:53 am

Again we find ourselves defending well and conceding stupid errors, which is summarised by the fact that Coventry had 5 shots on goal of which they scored 4.

DunnFC
Regular international

Post by DunnFC » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:06 am

Next game we have to for this.

-------------------------------Friedel-----------------------------

Emerton-------------Samba-------Nelsen-------------Warnock

----------------------Tugay--------Reid--------------------------

Bentley----------------------------------------------------Gamst

----------------------------Dunn----------------------------------

------------------------Santa Cruz-------------------------------

Subs - Brown,Khizanishvili,Derbyshire,McCarthy,Treacy

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:16 am

who gives a feck,,, we sucked, end of.

no cup... .and shag all chance of a league triumph.... vunderba.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:13 pm

Burnley are unlucky to be 1-0 down against arsenal, i'd quite like to ee them go through this round.

Come on the clarets.

winston_the_cat
Promising youngster

Post by winston_the_cat » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:45 pm

We've had a dreadful series of performances, disguised a bit by three reasonable league results in a row. But this has been on the cards for a while.

I cannot fathom either how we've gone from being a serious top 4 contender early season to the joke we are at the moment.

If Hughes has had a problem recognising what needs to change, I hope this game has made things clear to him.

The rest of the season is looking a bit flat. But, if we keep in the fight for a european place, and get some semblance of shape back, and get some good results, the excitement will come back again. It's not over, far from it, and what we were able to do before, we can surely do again.

Joe
Ageing international

Post by Joe » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:59 pm

Everyone was awful yesterday, including Hughes.

Chasing a game against a Championship side and he puts a CB upfront, despite having a striker on the bench, puts a left winger at LB and our LB at RB. It confused everyone including the players.

I've been defending Zurab recently, but he got skinned by Adebola?

Treacy isn't good enough for us either.

Where was Dunn?

Willy
Ageing international

Re:

Post by Willy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:59 pm

Joe wrote:Everyone was awful yesterday, including Hughes.

Chasing a game against a Championship side and he puts a CB upfront, despite having a striker on the bench, puts a left winger at LB and our LB at RB. It confused everyone including the players.

I've been defending Zurab recently, but he got skinned by Adebola?

Treacy isn't good enough for us either.

Where was Dunn?
I saw Dunn running furiously towards the local Spar with coupons in hand shouting "free pies!!"...he then proceeded to the Coach and Horses for a pint of goose fat with a sheep's blood chaser with Simon Garner. 8-)

Simon
Ageing international

Post by Simon » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:06 pm

Dunn failed a fitness test in the morning. :roll:

Lincoln Rover
Promising youngster

Post by Lincoln Rover » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:30 pm

The spine of the team has completly collapsed.

The guys Hughes had so much faith in at the start of the season, the players he bought are playing anywhere near the standard we've come to expect.

This result may be a blessing in disguise in being the catalyst for positive action from the management team..