Rumours, wishlists and general tomfoolery

Rovers related transfer rumours and transfer news
EwoodElite
New signing

Re: Rumours, wishlists and general tomfoolery

Post by EwoodElite » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:45 pm

I'm happy with the outcome of this window. Lots of panic buying from other clubs in what has proven to be a difficult window, even some of the top clubs in the country. Would be any easy choice to do the same and sign players for the sake of it.

The timing of Rothwell was far from ideal but JRC and Chapman now have a chance to impress.

Buckley, Davenport the same. There is some decent young talent around Ewood Park and I look forward to seeing them get a chance over the next few months.

COYB!

bobbyoc
Promising youngster

Post by bobbyoc » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:24 am

I saw we were linked to Atsu, and people got excited! I didn’t! I could be proven wrong, but when I saw him he was a headless speed merchant. But I would prefer to see JRC or Chapman given the nod ahead of a January panic signing. I was hoping Smallwood and Samuel would move on, to free up the wage bill, and because they genuinely seem like honest hardworking people who deserve a game, but apart from that I didn’t expect anything for this window.

Gaz
Valued squad member

Post by Gaz » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:08 am

EwoodElite wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:45 pm
I'm happy with the outcome of this window. Lots of panic buying from other clubs in what has proven to be a difficult window, even some of the top clubs in the country. Would be any easy choice to do the same and sign players for the sake of it.

The timing of Rothwell was far from ideal but JRC and Chapman now have a chance to impress.

Buckley, Davenport the same. There is some decent young talent around Ewood Park and I look forward to seeing them get a chance over the next few months.

COYB!
Not sure I share the same optimism. In touching distance of the playoffs a new player (or two) could have given the squad a positive injection for the remainder of the season. I hope we don’t see a repeat of last season where we went on a terrible run in February.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:31 am

Well come the end of the season we can decide whether the January transfer window was a missed opportunity or not. Minus Dack and Rothwell leaves us short of creativity. We will just have to hope JRC can take his chance like Lenihan, Nyambe and Travis did. We were short of quality at the back last season after the January transfer window and Rovers paid for not investing in January in that area. Just imagine if we lost Adam Armstrong who is well on his way to being Rovers player of the season.

EwoodElite
New signing

Post by EwoodElite » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:10 pm

Gaz wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:08 am
EwoodElite wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:45 pm

COYB!
Not sure I share the same optimism. In touching distance of the playoffs a new player (or two) could have given the squad a positive injection for the remainder of the season. I hope we don’t see a repeat of last season where we went on a terrible run in February.
If we had been linked with better players I'd probably agree but if Atsu was the main target after being priced out of moves for the Polish lad etc I'd rather see JRC get a run in the side.

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:38 am

JRC now out with hamstring :doh: :doh:

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:15 pm

The universe is trying to tell us to play Ben Brereton.

Mowbray25
New signing

Post by Mowbray25 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:21 pm

A replacement for Tosin and Walton will be so crucial next season.

Dutch
New signing

Post by Dutch » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:11 pm

Rumours of interest for Derrick Williams from LA Galaxy, can't say I'm too bothered, decent back-up but he probably wants a starting spot. Mulgrew is fine as reserve for rest of season (if that even happens).
Given Nyambe starts at CB ahead of him, may as well blood the younger players and get some money for Williams while we can.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:13 am

Dutch wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:11 pm
Given Nyambe starts at CB ahead of him, may as well blood the younger players and get some money for Williams while we can.
Hasn’t Williams been injured?

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:03 pm

Williams would do well in the MLS. Very physical league with even more laughable officiating.