Rovers turn down Ipswich Jeffers bid

Rovers related transfer rumours and transfer news
User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 15544
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Rovers turn down Ipswich Jeffers bid

Post by mrblackbat » Wed May 30, 2007 12:26 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 677555.stm

I would imagine they're looking for 500k.

sambaman
New signing
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 11:15 am
Contact:

Post by sambaman » Wed May 30, 2007 12:29 pm

i believe we are lookin for 10 mil. Now Francis is what i call a proven goalscorer!

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27946
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Post by Rover the Top » Wed May 30, 2007 12:36 pm

Did no one mention this on here when it happened? :-?

doz_magic_man
Valued squad member
Posts: 566
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by doz_magic_man » Wed May 30, 2007 4:01 pm

When this story first emerged it was rumoured we were after £1 million, which is foolish to say the least. £350k is damn good money for somebody who cost us nothing and scored one measley penalty all season. I'd snap Ipswich's hands off myself.

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27946
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Post by Rover the Top » Wed May 30, 2007 4:21 pm

Never bartered with anyone, Doz? Forget what Jeffers has done for us, he's found form at Ipswich, scored (I think it was) 3 in 7, set up a few more, and become an instant hit there. They want him, will pay more for him, and with rumoured interest from other clubs, such as Derby, we'd be insane to accept the first offer, just because he's only been on the fringes here. I think he's bluffing, but Hughes has always maintained that Jeffers went on loan to get some match practice, something he's been short of ever since leaving Everton. He's now shown that, given a proper run in a team, he can get goals (albeit at Championship level). So, either he's worth more than £350k to Ipswich, or he can resume his squad role here with a bit more self-belief from a successful loan spell.

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 15544
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re:

Post by mrblackbat » Wed May 30, 2007 4:26 pm

Rover the Top wrote:Did no one mention this on here when it happened? :-?
I had a look, and couldn't see one....

doz_magic_man
Valued squad member
Posts: 566
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:24 pm

Re:

Post by doz_magic_man » Wed May 30, 2007 8:31 pm

Rover the Top wrote:Never bartered with anyone, Doz? Forget what Jeffers has done for us, he's found form at Ipswich, scored (I think it was) 3 in 7, set up a few more, and become an instant hit there. They want him, will pay more for him, and with rumoured interest from other clubs, such as Derby, we'd be insane to accept the first offer, just because he's only been on the fringes here. I think he's bluffing, but Hughes has always maintained that Jeffers went on loan to get some match practice, something he's been short of ever since leaving Everton. He's now shown that, given a proper run in a team, he can get goals (albeit at Championship level). So, either he's worth more than £350k to Ipswich, or he can resume his squad role here with a bit more self-belief from a successful loan spell.


He scored 4 in 7 whilst on loan apparently. However, Ipswich aren't made of money and it would be a real shame if they don't come back with a higher offer on top of what was already a fair valuation in my book. £1 million is miles off and nobody will pay anywhere near that, even newly-promoted Derby.

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27946
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Post by Rover the Top » Wed May 30, 2007 11:11 pm

The one thing I've noticed about us under Hughes is that we nearly always come out best in the transfer market - signing Nelsen for nowt, Samba for £400k, McCarthy for £2.5m, selling Kuqi for £2.5m... we won't get £1m for Jeffers, but Ipswich will be back with an improved bid. They think his ears are made out of gold or something, I'm 99% certain that their opening bid was just part of a game.

Head Rover Heels
Valued squad member
Posts: 587
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Head Rover Heels » Thu May 31, 2007 8:52 am

Said on the radio this morning they've upped the bid to 500k. No link yet, but i'm sure an article should appear soon.

Ears of gold? We should melt him down and sell him on the black market. He's worth at least 5M!!

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27946
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Post by Rover the Top » Thu May 31, 2007 9:34 am


Head Rover Heels
Valued squad member
Posts: 587
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Head Rover Heels » Thu May 31, 2007 9:38 am

Play the guessing game?

I reckon we'll hold out for 750k

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13825
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re:

Post by Ethiaa » Thu May 31, 2007 9:45 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Rover the Top wrote:Did no one mention this on here when it happened? :-?
I had a look, and couldn't see one....
I did but in a entirely unrelated thread to keep you on your toes ;)

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 15544
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re:

Post by mrblackbat » Thu May 31, 2007 10:47 am

ethiaa wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:
Rover the Top wrote:Did no one mention this on here when it happened? :-?
I had a look, and couldn't see one....
I did but in a entirely unrelated thread to keep you on your toes ;)
DAMN YOU!

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27946
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:48 am

Ipswich pull out of Jeffers deal...

After all the fuss over transfer fees, the clown asked for too high a salary...
:numpty;

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 15544
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:52 am

That's kind of funny....

Post Reply