Transfer 2: Maceo Rigters Signs a 4 Year Deal

Rovers related transfer rumours and transfer news
Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Re:

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:42 pm

ethiaa wrote:Ahem

So we signed this kid then eh? Great great.
Shit, he's a goat? :shock:

HaterNob
New signing

Re:

Post by HaterNob » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:43 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
HaterNob wrote:I don't want to discuss anything with you because you take my words, cut them down and remove them from the context in which they were written.

Been made a fool of? You've obviously mistaken me for somebody who gives a fuck :-D

So, Yeah, Fuck you basically!
LOL. Keep digging, you'll hit Australia soon.
Whatever kid. Can't wait to see the band live!

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:53 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
ethiaa wrote:Ahem

So we signed this kid then eh? Great great.
Shit, he's a goat? :shock:
Been plenty of goals from a goat before tho no?

iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by iamarover » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:59 pm

we've signed shaun goater?

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:00 pm

iamarover wrote:we've signed shaun goater?
Buy them young! Now that's investing for the future.

roverJ
New signing

Post by roverJ » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:24 pm

I do kind of see HaterNob's point. You all listed the times when we've bought in senior players for huge amounts of money and made a loss on them. I don't think anyone's going to argue that a lot of those signings were pretty darn foolish.

So we've got to do things differently now. That's what Williams is saying in that quote. We have to get value for money in the Transfer Market, if we're going to survive in the Premier League.

And young players like Samba and Bentley, who can hold their value for the next ten years - they are a very good investment. If we do decide to sell them in 4 years time, we still get loads of money, and if we don't decide to sell them, we've still got a damn fine player.

Hopefully Rigters will fit into this category.

Whereas I can't see Nonda being worth much in four years time.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:49 pm

Thing is, if Rigters is going to be worth anything, we don't want to be selling him, but keeping him in the side to make a real profit through sucess. If we bought a 30 year old striker today for a couple million who helped us finish in the top 6; then they've more than paid for themself.

Buying a player for £400k today and selling them in four years for a couple of million isn't going to do any good. Better not to buy the lad and save on his wage packet.

Besides, there's NO evidence to suggest we do that anyway - if we were into selling players on, we'd have already sold Nelsen, Pedersen, Reid etc last season when we were getting big offers for them.

We have to be signing players to PLAY for us, and help get us into consistent top half and even top 6 finishes and therefore European competitions; not to sell on. There's far more money to be made that way than selling a few youngsters on.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:00 pm

I seriously doubt we look at signing anyone based on what their value could be if/when they leave. We buy players to improve the playing staff. The fact that we are limited as to what we can spend means that that is more important than speculating on maybe-players. Rigters has been signed to be a first team player, not keep the club running in a few years' time by being sold.

rover-the-rainbow
Valued squad member

Post by rover-the-rainbow » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:10 pm

Rigters given no. 15 shirt. That still leaves no.9 available. I wonder who they are saving that for? :scratch:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Re:

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:15 pm

rover-the-rainbow wrote:Rigters given no. 15 shirt. That still leaves no.9 available. I wonder who they are saving that for? :scratch:
Rover the Moon. Anyone want to doctor wiki? ;)

Its.Happy.Hour.Again
New signing

Post by Its.Happy.Hour.Again » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:18 pm

are they even next seasons numbers? or just last seasons with the addition of rigters?

rover-the-rainbow
Valued squad member

Re:

Post by rover-the-rainbow » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:54 pm

Its.Happy.Hour.Again wrote:are they even next seasons numbers? or just last seasons with the addition of rigters?
Don't know but they have just put Gunnar Nielsen at the bottom of the list on Official site without a number. So assumed that Rigters had been given 15.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:07 pm

There's a reasonable chance Derbyshire will be given 9 next year. Roberts seems to like his number 30 so I doubt he'll shift.

Savage90
Promising youngster

Re:

Post by Savage90 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:32 am

rover-the-rainbow wrote:Rigters given no. 15 shirt. That still leaves no.9 available. I wonder who they are saving that for? :scratch:
Ermm Nonda?? :scratch:

RICH14
New signing

Post by RICH14 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:56 pm

:-D What a signing I love him :dancin: