Gunnar Nielsen signs a 2 year deal

Rovers related transfer rumours and transfer news
Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Gunnar Nielsen signs a 2 year deal

Post by Rover the Moon » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:49 pm

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ ... 10,00.html
MARK Hughes has made his first signing of the summer with the capture of goalkeeper Gunnar Nielsen.

The Faroe Island under 21 international completed his move from Danish club BK Frem Copenhagen for a small fee, agreeing a two-year deal with the Ewood Park club, with Rovers having an option of a further year.

On completing the move, Nielsen spoke exclusively to Rovers World: \"I am very pleased, it is a massive opportunity for me just to develop in the best league in the world.

\"It is a great opportunity, I'm really looking forward to it.

\"I'm glad that the manager and staff believe in me, I won't let them down.\"

20 year-old Nielsen enjoyed a successful trial with Rovers back in May with boss Hughes impressed with what he saw.

\"He is a very raw talent who hasn't had a great deal of football at any kind of level,\" said Hughes at the time.

\"However, in the short time that he was here he impressed us. The raw material is there, he's a big guy with good physique and looks a natural athlete and a good shape for a goalkeeper.\"
Last edited by Rover the Moon on Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:54 pm

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:56 pm

Didn't see it. Maybe a more subtlely descriptive topic title that actually contained the word SIGNS might have done it :roll:

Savage90
Promising youngster

Post by Savage90 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:11 pm

This guy is 6.5ft and Samba' a mere 6.4ft :shock: !!

DunnFC
Regular international

Re:

Post by DunnFC » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:44 pm

Savage90 wrote:This guy is 6.5ft and Samba' a mere 6.4ft :shock: !!
Samba is a shrimp.

RICH14
New signing

Post by RICH14 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:54 pm

:td: who needs another keeper when we have friedel and brown

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:59 pm

He's a little kid FFS!!!...Hughes has brought him in to nurture him. In Hughes' own words, \"he's nowhere near the finished article\".

Friedel hasn't got ages left, although he IS a terrific athlete for his age I doubt he will go on until he's 40. This transfer is PURELY for the future.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Re:

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:46 pm

RICH14 wrote::td: who needs another keeper when we have friedel and brown
Suppose the two are involved in a nasty beach ball incident on the club's next trip to Dubai? :scratch:

Its.Happy.Hour.Again
New signing

Post by Its.Happy.Hour.Again » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:41 am

in fairness to the new guy, who had heard of jussi jaaskelainen and look where he is now, arguably one of the premierships best keepers

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:29 pm

yes you could easily argue about that

Its.Happy.Hour.Again
New signing

Post by Its.Happy.Hour.Again » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:55 pm

he would be if he was consistent. he is a fantastic shot stopper, yet obviously thats not the only element to goalkeeping so i can see where you are coming from.

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:45 pm

Can't really think of anywhere else to post this so it's going here...

Why, oh why are we being linked to Barnsley's 'keeper Mr \"29yr old nobody\" Muller???...did Jason Brown get abducted by aliens? Has Enckelman gone to work for MI5??...I can see Brad going for at least another 2 years so I can't imagine why we're being so STRONGLY linked to this guy. I haven't seen enough of Brown to say he's not good enough to fill Brad's boots and Encks is nothing more than a backup 'keeper but I really can't see us buying this guy.

Even if we were to spend £9m on a 'keeper like Sunderland did (stupidly...they could have bought 3 quality outfield players for that and what use is a good 'keeper when your defence is shite?)...even with a big name goalie, no one is gonna be as good as Brad. I fear we will have a similar problem to United when Schmeichel left. I just hope it's not as serious and we don't end up buying a stupid amount of goalkeepers trying to replace one that is frankly irreplaceable. :-(

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:53 pm

No idea about the links to the 'keeper, could be the usual bullshit, could be that Brown or Enckelman or both have had enough waiting around, and we know we'll need a short term backup soon.

We've done alright for goalies over the years, I don't imahgine a problem replacing Friedel when the time comes.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Re:

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:48 pm

Rover the Top wrote: We've done alright for goalies over the years, I don't imahgine a problem replacing Friedel when the time comes.
:oops: Not my best prediction... :cry:

Anyway, Mark Hughes has been raiding us for his old players again, Gunnar has joined City on a freebie...

With Bunn and Fielding out on loan, I think we've only got 4 'keepers at the club now... :shock:

rover-the-rainbow
Valued squad member

Re: Re:

Post by rover-the-rainbow » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:25 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
With Bunn and Fielding out on loan, I think we've only got 4 'keepers at the club now... :shock:
Perhaps we should play them all against Hull on Sunday, play Samba up front and they could have turns hoofing it the length of the pitch to him. :idea: