The Roque Santa Cruz soap opera: The Saga Continues!!!!!

Rovers related transfer rumours and transfer news
Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

The Roque Santa Cruz soap opera: The Saga Continues!!!!!

Post by Rover the Moon » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:45 pm

According to BRFC's Alan Lying Bastard Noxin of the People is going to reveal a transfer target in this Sunday's paper. A foreign international at a big name club who's wages will be high but the fee small

He's been a regular poster on BRFC's for a while and broke the Rigter story before it was official. The members of the forum seme to have come to the conlcusion it's Santa Cruz from Bayern, another club interested also and chances are 50-50

Could be crap, could not
Last edited by Rover the Moon on Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Capac_records
New signing

Re: Mystery Striker to be linked in People?

Post by Capac_records » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:11 pm

First of all... the name is Maceo Rigters:P... and think if they could sign Santa Cruz it would be a good signing, he is a very good striker and has an eye for the goal, if Blackburn would play a 4-4-2 with rigters on the left side and Pedersen on the left side and Santa Cruz and McCarthy in the centre ( Santa Cruz, right and McCarthy left ) the Bentley in the centre behind the forwards... and maybe a possible new signing of the dutch playmaker Maduro and the devense they have now.. would make Blackburn's Squad for next year very strong, they should then be at least possible to get in to europe ( Maduro is a dutch devense midfielder, he plays for Ajax he was 1 of the players who made it possible for the netherlands to win the U 21 tournament, as he did not play alot last year duo injuries his value decreased, but a player with alot of potential as he allready proven previously in the netherlands)

Next to this signings such as Ibrahim Aisatti and Wesley Sneider would also be good as they have the skills to make the play aswell on counters etc....

RoverWithALimp
Regular international

Re: Mystery Striker to be linked in People?

Post by RoverWithALimp » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:45 pm

Capac_records wrote:if Blackburn would play a 4-4-2 with rigters on the left side and Pedersen on the left side and Santa Cruz and McCarthy in the centre the Bentley in the centre behind the forwards... and maybe a possible new signing of the dutch playmaker Maduro and the devense they have now..

Next to this signings such as Ibrahim Aisatti and Wesley Sneider would also be good as they have the skills to make the play aswell on counters etc....
For gods sakes :roll: :doh: :xxx: I really dont want to start an argument but that is one of the silliest posts i seen in a long long while...

Pederson on the left, yep thats fine and i presume you meant Rigters on the right with Bentley in center...? That really doesnt work. For a start why would you want to change Bentleys position when it has worked so well in the last year. The strong point of his game is crossing and long shots from the corner, which he wont be able to do if he is playing center....
All these players names you have put forward for possible signings bar Cruz are neither here nore there as we arent going to sign them.

This is what we want to be doing for next season ideally...

Personally, if i was Sparky (and i know this would never happen in a month of sundays) i would sell both Benni and Roberts as they obviously want out of the squad.
Buy 2 strikers, (Cruz or Mido maybe who we have been linked to), then have Derbs and Rigters as backup strikers, or even play Rigters upfront depending on his development.

We then need to bring in, 1 center midfielder, preferably young with the ability to learn, with one fairly experienced midfielder coming in to replace Tuggs (who plays in 1 out of every 4 matches these days) maybe Koumas i dont know...

We need cover for Bentley and Gamst as Peter and Gally are just not doing the job... Possibly youngsters i dont know...

And then finally cover for Emerton at right back if money is available, again somebody young...

So shopping list to recount:
- 2 strikers (Cruz or Mido being one or maybe even two of them?)
- 1 backup right midfielder (young?)
- 1 backup left midfielder (young?)
- 2 midfielders (Koumas one of them or possibly Haestad?)
- 1 right back (although Zurab could probably cover)

One, Mokoena can not be relied on in center midfield like he was last season. Two, Tuggs is ageing fast, and again we cant be relying on them like last season. Three, i think we should look at buying a young midfielder to replace Savage who is also loosing pace. Four, Dunn is still a question mark let me remind you all? Five, Roberts does want to return to London and Benni is going to continually go to the media hinting for a move to Chelsea, this we really dont need right now...

Finally as i have already said, i think it is a huge mistake that we didnt rival West Ham for the signing of Bellamy... :doh:

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:59 pm

RoverWithALimp wrote: Personally, if i was Sparky (and i know this would never happen in a month of sundays) i would sell both Benni and Roberts as they obviously want out of the squad.

Roberts does want to return to London and Benni is going to continually go to the media hinting for a move to Chelsea, this we really dont need right now...

Finally as i have already said, i think it is a huge mistake that we didnt rival West Ham for the signing of Bellamy... :doh:
You slate the other poster than post some right old guff of your own.

Roberts wants to move to London? Where is the proof other than some small article in the press that didnt include one quote? If he does want to leave for family reasons it hardly means he wants out. If I was working in Aberdeen and my mother became ill and needed care I'd probably move back home too.

Incidentally this is the same Roberts who was at a foundation launch in Grenada when the non-stoty broke :roll:

McCarthy wants champions league football? I'd f'ckin hope so as footballers without ambitions are neither use nor ornament. IF a chamionsleague club came in for ANY of our players and offered the right money they would be off like a shot. No questions asked, it's the way of the world.

Savage90
Promising youngster

Post by Savage90 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:59 pm

I think he's from Holland or somewhere so his English aint too good (the poster he slagged off before)
Last edited by Savage90 on Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RoverWithALimp
Regular international

Post by RoverWithALimp » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:00 pm

At the risk of repeating myself, read the post in the other thread... If you wanna disagree with me, then fine... But at least come back with a semi strong case.

No Roberts hasnt handed in a transfer request. No he hasnt come out publicly (thats because he's not Benni), but dont you think its a coincidence that the story came out, and then Fulham bid barely days after.

I reckon if a solid enough bid came in for the lad, something like 5 million, we'd sell...

Savage90
Promising youngster

Post by Savage90 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:02 pm

And someone is actually going to pay 5 million for Roberts?? :doh:

RoverWithALimp
Regular international

Re:

Post by RoverWithALimp » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:08 pm

Savage90 wrote:And someone is actually going to pay 5 million for Roberts?? :doh:
Wigan paid 5.5 million for Hefty Heskey so i like to think anything can happen... :scratch:

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Re:

Post by Rover the Moon » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:10 pm

RoverWithALimp wrote:At the risk of repeating myself, read the post in the other thread... If you wanna disagree with me, then fine... But at least come back with a semi strong case.
Semi strong? Your case is weak as piss and totally circumstantial.

I'll wait until strories break and you carry on reading the Sun for your ideas

RoverWithALimp
Regular international

Re:

Post by RoverWithALimp » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:14 pm

Rover the Moon wrote:
RoverWithALimp wrote:At the risk of repeating myself, read the post in the other thread... If you wanna disagree with me, then fine... But at least come back with a semi strong case.
Semi strong? Your case is weak as piss and totally circumstantial.

I'll wait until strories break and you carry on reading the Sun for your ideas
:wanker: erm actually i dont read newspapers... I read from a whole variety of sources, and think we could do better then Roberts... Always have done since the day we purchased him...

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:15 pm

And you wonder why this is the only place you haven't been banned from :dunce:

YET

RoverWithALimp
Regular international

Re:

Post by RoverWithALimp » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:17 pm

Rover the Moon wrote:And you wonder why this is the only place you haven't been banned from :dunce:

YET
Oh right, because im disagreeing with you, i should be banned! Naughty me! :whistle:

Savage90
Promising youngster

Post by Savage90 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:20 pm

Alan Smith anyone? :scratch:

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:20 pm

Just because it's a smiley doesn't make it not calling someone a wanker or giving the v's

try to disagree without the insults so soon in your posting life

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:33 am

People website is no help