Site Admin

Re: Rumours, wishlists and general tomfoolery

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:46 pm

Or the ones that dribbled under him as he went for the superman dive

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:39 pm

If he throws himself at a trickling ball and tries to palm it away, I may be a bit more critical of him. :lol:

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:39 pm

Also:

EwoodElite
New signing

Post by EwoodElite » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:05 pm

This is great. Another permanent transfer. A long term prospect and good competition for our No.1.

Kaminski already looks the part. This lad appears to be no slouch. Allows one of the young GK's to gain some minutes on loan.

If TM can land the LB we need and keep the current squad together I see no reason why they can't give it a real good go.

We're in a stronger position than we have been for many years. I'm not expecting miracles but I see us flirting with the top 6 throughout the season at this rate.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:11 pm

EwoodElite wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:05 pm
This is great. Another permanent transfer. A long term prospect and good competition for our No.1.

Kaminski already looks the part. This lad appears to be no slouch. Allows one of the young GK's to gain some minutes on loan.

If TM can land the LB we need and keep the current squad together I see no reason why they can't give it a real good go.

We're in a stronger position than we have been for many years. I'm not expecting miracles but I see us flirting with the top 6 throughout the season at this rate.
So much encouragement, from a on-field and player personnel perspective. Three clean-sheets in the last three, improving strength at the back, and we still have a strong midfield and a striker who can score at this level of football. Not to mention, we will start seeing some key guys returning, ere long. Indeed, much to be positive about.

As far as obtaining a strong LB, there’s still time. Until then, I have no gripes about Bell, he’s giving it all he’s got.

EwoodElite
New signing

Post by EwoodElite » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:35 am

WacoRover wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:11 pm
EwoodElite wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:05 pm

So much encouragement, from a on-field and player personnel perspective. Three clean-sheets in the last three, improving strength at the back, and we still have a strong midfield and a striker who can score at this level of football. Not to mention, we will start seeing some key guys returning, ere long. Indeed, much to be positive about.

As far as obtaining a strong LB, there’s still time. Until then, I have no gripes about Bell, he’s giving it all he’s got.
I agree with Bell. Can't fault the guy for giving 100% but I would like to see more healthy competition for him without having to resort to JRC at LB. I'd much rather see him making a difference further up the pitch :)

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:41 am

Barry Douglas from Leeds looking like to sign on loan for the season.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:11 pm

Enthusiastic Nacko seems to think we're back in for Pears, the goalkeeper from Middlesbrough... :yeahright:

Because you can never have too many keepers.

RoverthePennines
Regular international

Post by RoverthePennines » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:12 pm

Thorisgodpoo wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:41 am
Got a Leeds mate who described him as a permanently injured left footed free kick savant, which is not far from describing Charlie Mulgrew to be honest

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:14 pm

RoverthePennines wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:12 pm
Thorisgodpoo wrote:
Got a Leeds mate who described him as a permanently injured left footed free kick savant, which is not far from describing Charlie Mulgrew to be honest
He was fantastic for Wolves before Leeds got hold of him. Maybe there's a bit of magic left in the tank if he can stay fit?

RoverthePennines
Regular international

Post by RoverthePennines » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:23 pm

Gibbon wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:14 pm
RoverthePennines wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:12 pm
Thorisgodpoo wrote:
He was fantastic for Wolves before Leeds got hold of him. Maybe there's a bit of magic left in the tank if he can stay fit?
Hopefully, or at least offer enough of a threat to Amari'i Bell's starting position to keep on his toes and push him to keep improving

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:43 pm

Will be good to bring him in and adds some experience and competition in probably our own problem position really. Although having said that Bell has been our best defender for the last 3 games.

All told it'll have been a very good transfer window.

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:29 pm

Trybull... promoted to PL.

Douglas... promoted to PL twice with wolves & Leeds.

I’m hoping they can do it again. Rovers appear to be making a serious bid for playoffs or auto promotion. Too bad we lost Travis, And even though Trybull doesn’t play the same position, these additions would give us experienced, solid, Championship players who know what its like to participate in a promotion push.

I like ‘em both. I suppose we hear officially about it in the next few hours...

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:30 pm

Mulgrew to Fleetwood apparently almost a done deal... all the best to him, he'll be a great asset at that level.

RoverthePennines
Regular international

Post by RoverthePennines » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:26 pm

If we are signing Harvey Elliott, I like to think will be able to stipulate he does something about his hair beforehand