Rumours, wishlists and general tomfoolery

Rovers related transfer rumours and transfer news
Darth Rover
Ageing international

Re: Rumours, wishlists and general tomfoolery

Post by Darth Rover » Wed May 22, 2019 4:19 pm

Rovers again linked with Nantwich Town striker Joe Malkin and yes he is the son of former Tranmere striker Chris Malkin. Didn't Ian Wright come from humble beginnings before undoing Rovers in the play offs while at Crystal Palace before moving on to Arsenal and England. Sometimes you just have to give someone a chance no matter unlikely it may seem.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Wed May 22, 2019 5:15 pm

I think it's a great idea to keep yes on the non-league. There is bound to be someone of great quality, and I would assume very cheap as well.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Thu May 23, 2019 8:14 am

Darth Rover wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 4:19 pm
Rovers again linked with Nantwich Town striker Joe Malkin and yes he is the son of former Tranmere striker Chris Malkin. Didn't Ian Wright come from humble beginnings before undoing Rovers in the play offs while at Crystal Palace before moving on to Arsenal and England. Sometimes you just have to give someone a chance no matter unlikely it may seem.
I have a vague memory of Chris Malkin being ridiculously quick.... and very little else.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Thu May 23, 2019 8:50 am

theadore wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:14 am
Darth Rover wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 4:19 pm
I have a vague memory of Chris Malkin being ridiculously quick.... and very little else.
Who is to say he is like his dad. He might take after his mum!...at the moment its off season paper talk. With little or nothing going on the media have to fill the back pages with something. Todays offering is Tony Mowbray is in India...we all know that happens this time every season. And he is talking about how difficult it is on a budget to improve the current squad quality. Venkys coughed up 7 million for Ben Brereton last season but it was Mowbrays less expensive signings that impacted the season more with once again Bradley Dack and later Joe Rothwell impressing. I do not see why Mowbray bemoans the wage demands of some free agents when he has a pool of good young players on the cusp of making the grade. Patrick Bauer for example. He will be a free agent this summer and Charlton need to win the play off final against Sunderland for him to possibly stay. I do not think anyone at Rovers will be moaning if we miss out on him especially if his wage demands are ridiculously high for a league One defender who has proven nothing.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Thu May 23, 2019 1:08 pm

Vardy is probably the shining most recent example of a player moving from Non-League straight to the Championship. It's lower risk financially but possibly a higher risk of them not cutting the mustard.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Fri May 24, 2019 9:15 pm

07:04
MOWBRAY: WE MAY SELL DACK

Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray says the club might sell top scorer Bradley Dack in order to make the team stronger.

Mowbray was talking to journalists in Pune, India, whilst holding discussions with owners Venkys about transfer budgets ahead of next season’s Championship campaign.

He said: "Somewhere down the line we might sell Bradley Dack and get better because we invest the money better and the team gets stronger.

“When we've discussed with the owners we’ve talked about a model where we can buy talented young players, you can sell big and buy small."

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sat May 25, 2019 10:36 am

Not really news is it? That’s how we’ve had to operate for years now.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sat May 25, 2019 4:42 pm

The bids for him have almost been silly. I know they say 18 million, but I think they are holding out for higher.

In other news, Adam Maher has been linked to a free move to Rovers.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sat May 25, 2019 5:39 pm

Gibbon wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:36 am
Not really news is it? That’s how we’ve had to operate for years now.
It all depends on who Rovers are selling players too. If Bradley Dack was to go to Spurs, Chelsea or Arsenal for example i would be more excepting of the transfer. If Rovers are to sell to the likes of West Ham and West Brom these clubs are Rovers competitors to being a premier League team. So what is the clubs ambition if they are willing to sell the best player we have to clubs who would be directly in the way to where all championship clubs want to be. Saying that i have a sneaky feeling Bradley Dack has put in a transfer request which has not been made public yet.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sat May 25, 2019 5:44 pm

Thorisgodpoo wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 4:42 pm
The bids for him have almost been silly. I know they say 18 million, but I think they are holding out for higher.

He is Dutch...so on the Rigters scale how good is he...

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sat May 25, 2019 9:23 pm

Darth Rover wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:44 pm
Thorisgodpoo wrote:

On a scale of Rigters to Ooijer, he is somewhere around Marvin Emnes.

RoverthePennines
Regular international

Post by RoverthePennines » Sun May 26, 2019 1:10 pm

Thorisgodpoo wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 9:23 pm
Darth Rover wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:44 pm
Thorisgodpoo wrote:

On a scale of Rigters to Ooijer, he is somewhere around Marvin Emnes.
I rather him be an Emnes on the scale than a Karim Rekik

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Sun May 26, 2019 4:59 pm

Bauer just promoted Charlton in the last seconds of the game. Perhaps he'll be staying.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sun May 26, 2019 6:35 pm

mcteeth wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 4:59 pm
Bauer just promoted Charlton in the last seconds of the game. Perhaps he'll be staying.
Big win for Charlton has they have some good players who now maybe tempted to stay with the club. Sunderland well i saw their fans outside the Wham Stadium Accrington in the pouring rain just after the match was abandoned in December. I have never seen so much rain. They have to do it all over again.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Sun May 26, 2019 10:43 pm

Losing a playoff final is a rough one, especially in injury time. Secretly pleased as it's an easy away game for me next season in London as well as Luton coming up.

But yeah think you're right some of their players may want to stick around for next season now in the Cha.pionship.