Rumours, wishlists and general tomfoolery

Rovers related transfer rumours and transfer news
Darth Rover
Ageing international

Re: Rumours, wishlists and general tomfoolery

Post by Darth Rover » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:38 pm

Patrick Bauer has been talking of his decision to sign for PNE. He said it was the input of manager Alex Neil that influenced his decision. That kind of implies that the other managers of the clubs interested in him did not do as good a job as Alex Neil. Bauer is then asked whether he spoke to Tony Mowbray over thr summer which is answered evasively there are always talks. From that i beleive it is unlikely Rovers persued their interest in Bauer after it was found out there was potentially going to be a bidding war for him. Good luck to Bauer at Preston. He will do well to displace Ben Davies and Jordan Story.
https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/f ... d-16483078

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:02 pm

Apparently we have former U23 Leeds goalkeeper on trial.

Hudson
Regular international

Post by Hudson » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:47 pm

Darth Rover wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:38 pm
Patrick Bauer has been talking of his decision to sign for PNE. He said it was the input of manager Alex Neil that influenced his decision. That kind of implies that the other managers of the clubs interested in him did not do as good a job as Alex Neil. Bauer is then asked whether he spoke to Tony Mowbray over thr summer which is answered evasively there are always talks. From that i beleive it is unlikely Rovers persued their interest in Bauer after it was found out there was potentially going to be a bidding war for him. Good luck to Bauer at Preston. He will do well to displace Ben Davies and Jordan Story.
Mowbry's side

So Mowbray told him he wouldn't be straight in the starting XI and would have to fight for his spot - guessing he thought he'd have an easier time at PNE instead (ofc it could be all down to money, but they never admit that :lol: )

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:44 pm

Hudson wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:47 pm
Darth Rover wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:38 pm
Mowbry's side

So Mowbray told him he wouldn't be straight in the starting XI and would have to fight for his spot - guessing he thought he'd have an easier time at PNE instead (ofc it could be all down to money, but they never admit that :lol: )
I was trying to defend Tony Mowbray a bit but Tony has admitted there was dicussions between Rovers and Bauer over the summer. On that basis it would seem Alex Neil sold Preston to Bauer better than Mowbray sold Rovers. Other than that it has to come down to money or like Hudson said maybe he thinks he'd have an easier time at Preston? That is an interesting concept given Mowbray telling him he would have to earn his place but given Rovers defensive problems you would think Bauer would be more likely to get game time at Rovers than Preston.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:57 am

Wouldn't mind him back to be honest. If he can fight for a spot and create more competition up top, I would have him back. Did well when we has to replace Dack for a couple games in League 1.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:20 pm

Not sure about Paddy McNair, I defer to someone else if he is worth it.

David Raya might be on his way out if Brentford offer enough money. Rovers are sniffing around for Liverpool midfielder Ovie Ejaria.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:31 am

Honestly can't see the point in that, unless there's a better replacement already on the way in.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:17 am

Why Rovers would be selling their number one goalkeeper to another championship club is odd. If i were Brentford i would be asking why Rovers are willing to do so. Raya is young and a good shot stopper with cat like reflexes. He ticks all those boxes but i think Tony Mowbray feels he could do more to command his area with high balls played in. Raya in his defence has not had two solid centre backs in front of him. There is something more to the reason why Raya did not play the last few games of last season. Brentford will be seeing a young goalkeeper with plenty of potential and that is what Rovers should be seeing. If Rovers sell him Rovers fans will be expecting a recognised better goalkeeper as replacement. At the moment i just do not see the sense in this deal.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:07 pm

Would be pretty annoyed if we sold Raya to Brentford. He's got fantastic attributes and will only improve, plus as mentioned I think some of his errors weren't helped by a shaky defence.

If he does go then we need to make them pay a pretty decent amount. We'd then need a replacement and if Mowbray is after experience then perhaps someone like Scott Carson who is warming the bench at Derby surprisingly.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:58 pm

He must have faith in Leutwiler if he thinks Raya being sold off to another Championship club is a good idea. I'm not for selling Raya either, he is still very young in goalkeeper terms and has a lot more potential to realize.

Rumors of Sam Gallagher returning permanently are heating up again. This is probably why we would be selling Raya, since owners have said in order to buy, we need to sell.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:29 am

Young GK Joe Hilton signed for the U23 squad.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:14 pm

Good healthy competition for u23s.

In other news Charlie Adam has been seen training with us.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:34 pm

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ummer-2019
The premiership released players list. If you can afford the wages there might still be some quality free signings. Away from the big names Rovers could do a lot worse than to give Callum Gribbin a chance. Released by Man United he was regarding a better prospect than Marcus Rashford until injuries stopped his progression.