Rovers related transfer rumours and transfer news
Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Re: Rumours, wishlists and general tomfoolery

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:28 pm

Darth Rover wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:34 pm
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ummer-2019
The premiership released players list. If you can afford the wages there might still be some quality free signings. Away from the big names Rovers could do a lot worse than to give Callum Gribbin a chance. Released by Man United he was regarding a better prospect than Marcus Rashford until injuries stopped his progression.
I hear that Daniel Sturridge fellow is good.

In all honesty, if there is a possibility of grabbing a couple players from this list, I would consider it a win (exemption for Joe Hilton).

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:20 pm

Thorisgodpoo wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:28 pm
Darth Rover wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:34 pm
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ummer-2019
The premiership released players list. If you can afford the wages there might still be some quality free signings. Away from the big names Rovers could do a lot worse than to give Callum Gribbin a chance. Released by Man United he was regarding a better prospect than Marcus Rashford until injuries stopped his progression.
I hear that Daniel Sturridge fellow is good.

In all honesty, if there is a possibility of grabbing a couple players from this list, I would consider it a win (exemption for Joe Hilton).
There are a couple of good defenders on that list. Tommie Hoban did a decent job when at Rovers on loan. He only played about 16 games and scored the winner at Forest which gave Rovers hope avoiding relegation. He was injured for half of that season but still made a good impression.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:51 pm

I think Hoban was a solid centreback option when he was with us. Having a serious season ending injury always makes me hesitant though.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:54 am

Thorisgodpoo wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:51 pm
I think Hoban was a solid centreback option when he was with us. Having a serious season ending injury always makes me hesitant though.
I have just read up on that and Aberdeen have offered to see him through his rehab for a bad knee injury. I guess well we have to make do with Gary Cahill and his 4 million a year wages! :)

Hudson
Regular international

Post by Hudson » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:28 pm

More rumours of Sam Gallagher joining from Southampton. With them signing Ings permanently and also getting Che Adams in, he's probably be available now

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:09 pm

Would be a very welcomed signing if we get Gallagher. Would feel like we have plenty of striker options with him, Graham, Brereton, Samuel, Nuttall and Armstrong.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:27 pm

https://www.redimps.co.uk/
Former Rovers loanee Jack Payne signs for Lincoln City...and he looks well impressed! :(

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:05 pm

Looks like he just got news that his dog died.

bobbyoc
Promising youngster

Post by bobbyoc » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:29 pm

Bradley Johnson and Jacob Butterfield are being mentioned on twitter as potentially joining the squad in austria. Haven’t seen anything about CBs

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:14 am

Mowbray on transfers
Nothing we don't already know, but it's good to hear him actually saying it.
“We hope the signings will come. It’s difficult because of the numbers at time,"
“The numbers are bigger early in the summer and clubs can just pick a number out of the air for their players.
“It’s a fine balance between the buying club and the selling club.
“But we have to have plans in place where if you can’t get a player for a certain number, you have to move on.
“I think a little bit of that has happened this week, but we’re working hard behind the scenes," he added.
“I know it’s very frustrating for the supporters as they think nothing is happening, but conversations are going on, we’re asking questions, and we’re hopeful of being stronger this season.
“As the clock gets closer to the deadline, clubs panic, they need the money to get their targets and the price drops for a potential player that could head out of the door.
“When you haven’t got countless millions you do need to manage the money and the budget. We need to spend the money wisely and negotiate hard."

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:27 pm

Rumblings of David Raya being on the way out for 3 million, and submitting a formal bid for Sam Gallagher.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:49 pm

Thorisgodpoo wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:27 pm
Rumblings of David Raya being on the way out for 3 million, and submitting a formal bid for Sam Gallagher.
Not bad business for Raya, no doubt he's got talent but has still looked undercooked. Unconventional strategy of replacing him with a striker... :yeahright:

The LT say we've signed a goalkeeper, Joe Hilton, from Everton for the U23s.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:17 pm

I think if he stayed here, he would have developed nicely. But Raya is an unfinished product and does make mistakes, which then he has to make some incredible feat to make up for it.

Although there has been rumors of the goalkeeper from Newcastle, Darlow, who Blackburn has set their sights on for a replacement.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:23 am

Looks like no Grant Hanley as he looks to stay at Norwich. However Alan Lying Bastard Noxin has been throwing shit in the air by naming any former Rovers defender, as Scott Dann is being linked with us.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:04 pm

The latest on Sam Gallagher is Wigan have supposedly bid 5 million but Gallagher wants to come to Rovers. Its always a good sign if a player wants to play for your club.