Inexperienced manager

Re: Rumours, wishlists and general tomfoolery plus banality

Post by dwayne cage » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:30 pm

Ok I'll get on it!

Rover Ryan
Ageing international

Post by Rover Ryan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:17 pm

Blackburngiff wrote:ok. just did a bit of research on this papiss cisse from freiburg. last i heard kean had up-ed his offer from 6 to 12. i know highlight reels are not the right way to evaluate a player, especially when they're to music.... but i saw this and had to share.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itvv7h4d8qI[/youtube]

kid looks savage. sign him. immediately.
Yeah theres a highlight video making any player look awesome on youtube. But this Cisse looks the real deal and his scoring record speaks for itself. 6 -12 is quite a big increase to up a bid but 12 seems like a more realistic price for the lad!!

RoverWithASquint
Regular international

Post by RoverWithASquint » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:51 pm

reminds me of a younger fitter version of benni mccarthy

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:53 am

Aussie
Valued squad member

Post by Aussie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:56 am

We'll never get that. Imagine we did though! Pay 12m for Cisse and we'd be all square.

dwayne cage
Inexperienced manager

Post by dwayne cage » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:15 am

If there getting family members to do an agents job then they are clearly idiots!

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:33 am

hope we get someone in before this asia cup starts...

FFP83
Valued squad member

Post by FFP83 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:18 am

OllieBoard wrote:
FFP83 wrote:
Blackburngiff wrote:On the manager subject, can y'all just agree to disagree on a different thread?

I know we're all waiting around for the chicken farmers to give kean the money to make some blockbuster signings, but he actually did quite a job during the January window. I don't know if anyone was looking at the reserves side's results down the stretch, but Ruben Rochina was producing goals against stiff competition like mad. I think the kid is a future star.... that we'll probably sell to united for too little in a few years, but signing players from Barcelona's B-side sounds like great tactics to me! The talk on Formica is all positive too! I wonder if we'll finally get to see him play in the Barclay's Asian cup?? FSC is televising all 4 games i think!

.... you know you're going through football withdrawal when the womens world cup and the barclays asian cup are highlights of your week.
yep saw rochina vs everton and he looked absolute class!!! now formica should be fit im looking forward to them both having an impact this season!!!
Yeah he looked good Vs Everton but i thought they sussed him out after a while and he wasnt as effective after they did.
Good experience for the lad and if he can be abit less cocky on the ball and use it more often he has the potential to be world class.
Its exciting we have a player with so much potential!!
yeah good point, at the time he seemed to fade in second half and i put it down to lack of match fitness, but maybe your right and moyes told them how to stop him at half time? but yourright hesdefo one to get excite about :hyper:

FFP83
Valued squad member

Post by FFP83 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:20 am

Blackburngiff wrote:probably not who i'm thinking of. hah! it'll come to me.

bbc is reporting that both almunia and bendtner are both available. NO THANK YOU PLEASE.

Bendtner = So bad the danes can have him back.
are you thinking of fellaini at everton?

FFP83
Valued squad member

Post by FFP83 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:25 am

dwayne cage wrote:Yeah I wouldn't mind if we brought him as our striker at all if anything he's probably less of a risk than bringing in N'Doye.
my mate is an arsenal fan and says h hates him cos hes such a prick BUT he thinks arsenal look more clinical when hes on the pitch, hes an out and out striker.

id have him and i think a smaller club like us would be great for his ego cos he could come to us and think hes the main man and nobody would mind, where as nasri and fabregas etc must think what a twat.

im pretty confident he would get goals for us, wether he thinks hes too big for us is another story

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:36 am

would rather we went back for bellamy...

Heretofore
Promising youngster

Post by Heretofore » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:47 am

Okay, dangerous question. 4 signings this transfer period. Realistic signings only. Whatcha hoping for?

Heretofore
Promising youngster

Post by Heretofore » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:00 am

Heretofore wrote:Okay, dangerous question. 4 signings this transfer period. Realistic signings only. Whatcha hoping for?
If by some miracle we get rid of Andrews and Grella i'll extend this to 4 signings 4 packs of hula hoops (your choice of flavour) and a mars bar (snack size).

FFP83
Valued squad member

Post by FFP83 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:03 am

Heretofore wrote:Okay, dangerous question. 4 signings this transfer period. Realistic signings only. Whatcha hoping for?
if 4 was the maximum id defo go one centre back, one left back, and then one centre mid and one sriker or 2 strikers,

basically out of the strikers and mids situation id go for what best standard we could get, ie i dont want two strikers just for the sake of it, id rather have one good striker and one good centre mid but if there was two good strikers out there id opt for them and put my faith in formica/rochina and nzonzi in midfield (strengthen again in jan if needed)

something like warnock,mongongu,defoe/bentdner/cisse and mark noble/reo coker/witel

that kind of mixture of players for me would be great for us