Benni or Defoe?

Rovers related transfer rumours and transfer news

Benni or Defoe?

Total votes: 0

RoverWithALimp
Regular international

Benni or Defoe?

Post by RoverWithALimp » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:04 pm

Interesting conversation being had on 606 and just wondered what you guys thought?

Straight swap, who would you rather have, Benni or Defoe...?

Head Rover Heels
Valued squad member

Post by Head Rover Heels » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:09 pm

I'm over here too ;)

Just for the sake of arguement, i've stuck with my original thought.

I'll fill in the details tomorrow when i'm back.

Willy
Ageing international

Re: Benni or Defoe?

Post by Willy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:10 pm

RoverWithALimp wrote:Interesting conversation being had on 606 and just wondered what you guys thought?

Straight swap, who would you rather have, Benni or Defoe...?
Hmm...Benni has shown he can be inconsistent and we all know he's a lazy shit but he's a proven striker at all levels so it's only a matter of time before he starts scoring again. Defoe looks so ineffective sometimes but I do like him and I'd like to see him here.

I'd go for Defoe, purely based on age really.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:22 pm

I reckon Defoe would work off Santa better than McCarthy does. Which would be the only plus point.

Defoe's never really reached his potential, in my opinion.

RoverWithALimp
Regular international

Re:

Post by RoverWithALimp » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:26 pm

mrblackbat wrote:I reckon Defoe would work off Santa better than McCarthy does. Which would be the only plus point.

2 reasons for that... A poor midfield at Spurs and always having his position shifted as well as squad rotation...

I reckon given a chance he could be good...

Id like Cisse or Defoe to replace Benni anywho...!

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re:

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:37 pm

RoverWithALimp wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:I reckon Defoe would work off Santa better than McCarthy does. Which would be the only plus point.

2 reasons for that... A poor midfield at Spurs and always having his position shifted as well as squad rotation...

I reckon given a chance he could be good...

Id like Cisse or Defoe to replace Benni anywho...!
I had him not fulfilling it before he went to Spuds.

Surely not Cisse? Guys a waste of space.

I think Benni will be fine, just needs a bit of time, and the fans off his back; same with Pedersen. Bit of recognition for the good stuff they do as well as the bad. Example would be the second half against Sunderland, after his goal Benni was pretty good, had a bit of confidence in his play.

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Post by Gouldy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:08 pm

I would like to see Defoe here very much. Always liked him, and IMO a far better player then Bent. But McCarthy is still a good player, he may be playin poorly at the moment but he will come through it

RoverWithALimp
Regular international

Re:

Post by RoverWithALimp » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:15 pm

Gouldy wrote:I would like to see Defoe here very much. Always liked him, and IMO a far better player then Bent. But McCarthy is still a good player, he may be playin poorly at the moment but he will come through it
Considering his age, how long can we afford for Benni to have average half seasons...?

I say sell now, whilst we can still get some money out of him! :scratch:

tomthebodz
Regular international

Post by tomthebodz » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:40 pm

I'd personally prefer Defoe or the other on Dominyenatcy or what ever the fuck he is called. I think Benni should go as he has been fairly awful this season.

Willy
Ageing international

Re:

Post by Willy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:30 pm

tomthebodz wrote:I'd personally prefer Defoe or the other on Dominyenatcy or what ever the fuck he is called. I think Benni should go as he has been fairly awful this season.
Good effort.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:41 pm

...or keep faith with the best striker we've had in a while???

all anyone could talk about before last season was getting that elusive 20-goal per season striker... how quickly people turn.

he hasn't been at his best this season, but he is a long way from over the hill... and unless hughes can pull another wonder signing out of his backside we are not going to replace benni for the money.

i don't suppose anyone has been thinking about what we can expect to receive for an out of form, 'over the hill' striker?

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:41 pm

Willy wrote:
tomthebodz wrote:I'd personally prefer Defoe or the other on Dominyenatcy or what ever the fuck he is called. I think Benni should go as he has been fairly awful this season.
Good effort.
Can we just all agree to call him Valeri? It's funny enough that he's got a girls name... :-D

Border Rover
New signing

Post by Border Rover » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:03 pm

I'd go for Benni because he has proven if he actually does something, he can score a lot of goals

RoverWithALimp
Regular international

Re:

Post by RoverWithALimp » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:07 pm

[quote="theadore"]...or keep faith with the best striker we've had in a while???

all anyone could talk about before last season was getting that elusive 20-goal per season striker... how quickly people turn.

he hasn't been at his best this season, but he is a long way from over the hill... and unless hughes can pull another wonder signing out of his backside we are not going to replace benni for the money.

i don't suppose anyone has been thinking about what we can expect to receive for an out of form, 'over the hill' striker?[/quote]

6 - 7 million is his valuation id say. My point is, if we can sell him and bring in a proven striker for the money we receive for him and has got 5+ years more on there career then the choice is obvious IMO :-D

Hardcore
New signing

Post by Hardcore » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:09 pm

Cisse and Defoe to come to the club... sell rigters and benni... and weve got some decent strikers then.